Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    Attachment 80081
    Attachment 80082
    Attachment 80084

Official lego sets for Far From Home is announced. Looks like the fire/water elementals are indeed named Molten Man and Hydro Man (at least on offical lego sets)
    I wonder if they're actually going to name them in the movie or if it's just for promotion and as a nod to the actual characters...

I mean, I'm not going to think of them with those names, but that's just me.

Also looks like the stealth suit is used against Molten Man, and the final fight is a hijacking on a Stark Jet (again)? I'm guessing those drones are Mysterio's even though he's fighting them on the illustration.

(I wish they'd call Michelle "Michelle" instead of "MJ").

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they're actually going to name them in the movie or if it's just for promotion and as a nod to the actual characters...

Also looks like the stealth suit is used against Molten Man, and the final fight is a hijacking on a Stark Jet (again)? I'm guessing those drones are Mysterio's even though he's fighting them on the illustration.

I guess they weren't big enough character that anyone's worried about restricting themselves in the future. It is interesting that the MCU is basically using a lot of concepts that haven't been done in earlier films (Vulture, Scorpion, Molten Man, Hydroman, Shocker, Mysterio, Tinkerer in two films.) Granted, there do seem to be obvious ways to tie the characters together in ways that didn't work with Venom, Shocker and Harry Osborn in Spider-Man 3 or Rhino, Harry Osborn and Electro in Amazing Spider-Man 2. In Homecoming, the bad guys got their tech the same way. There seems to be a likely way to tie in Molten Man and Hydroman to Mysterio.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Also looks like the stealth suit is used against Molten Man, and the final fight is a hijacking on a Stark Jet (again)?
    There should be a hijacking of a Stark plane in each movie.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I guess they weren't big enough character that anyone's worried about restricting themselves in the future. It is interesting that the MCU is basically using a lot of concepts that haven't been done in earlier films (Vulture, Scorpion, Molten Man, Hydroman, Shocker, Mysterio, Tinkerer in two films.) Granted, there do seem to be obvious ways to tie the characters together in ways that didn't work with Venom, Shocker and Harry Osborn in Spider-Man 3 or Rhino, Harry Osborn and Electro in Amazing Spider-Man 2. In Homecoming, the bad guys got their tech the same way. There seems to be a likely way to tie in Molten Man and Hydroman to Mysterio.
    I think they seem to be keeping up the "high-spec" tech theme with all of Spider-Man's villains so far, especially in the likelihood that the "Elementals" are fake.

If it means we get real Green Goblin over Hulkgoblin if and when he finally shows up, I approve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    There should be a hijacking of a Stark plane in each movie.
    As someone who's anti-Iron Man when it comes to Spider-Man, I hope not .

I really thought she was just going to be Michelle Gonzales during the filming and her name leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I really thought she was just going to be Michelle Gonzales during the filming and her name leaked.
    She may as well be if not for the nickname, to be honest (granted, Zendaya I'm pretty sure Zendaya isn't hispanic so you really couldn't pull that off).

She may as well be if not for the nickname, to be honest (granted, Zendaya I'm pretty sure Zendaya isn't hispanic so you really couldn't pull that off).
    I chalked that up to Hollywood being Hollywood they still think Mediterranean equals Hispanic basically not white it will pass to them (Sorry meant them not me).
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 03-27-2019 at 08:50 AM.

BANNED

I have no problems with Zendaya for my part. I just wish they called her Mary Jane Watson and didn't have things both ways, and made an actual commitment to diversity. MJ as her friends call her is still quite similar in parts to 616 MJ. Go back and read ASM#259 where you get to know who MJ was in high school (which she and Peter never attended together after all). She was a class clown, a kidder and so on. That's not far from the MJ of Homecoming.

I also wish they went ahead and made the MCU Spider-Man Miles instead of the whiteboy Miles they have now. I have zero interest in seeing a teenage Peter in a 21st Century. Miles Morales has made that version of him extinct as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I have no problems with Zendaya for my part. I just wish they called her Mary Jane Watson and didn't have things both ways, and made an actual commitment to diversity. MJ as her friends call her is still quite similar in parts to 616 MJ. Go back and read ASM#259 where you get to know who MJ was in high school (which she and Peter never attended together after all). She was a class clown, a kidder and so on. That's not far from the MJ of Homecoming.

I also wish they went ahead and made the MCU Spider-Man Miles instead of the whiteboy Miles they have now. I have zero interest in seeing a teenage Peter in a 21st Century. Miles Morales has made that version of him extinct as far as I'm concerned.
    How would you suggest they do Miles’ MCU origin without a Peter Parker spider-man first?

Because Peter’s death is Miles’ Uncle Ben moment and the whole reason he became the new Spider-Man in the first place.

She seems more like the class weirdo or that girl who's always off on her own in class.

Michelle just really doesn't strike me as Mary Jane even if I think it would've been less disingenuous if they had just made Zendaya's character Mary Jane Watson (if not on a character level).
    If we were going to get a teenage Peter Parker in the MCU I would've liked one that felt a little more genuine.

I wanted Spectacular Spidey or even a more accurate Ultimate Peter, neither of which I really get from Holland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    How would you suggest they do Miles’ MCU origin without a Peter Parker spider-man first?

Because Peter’s death is Miles’ Uncle Ben moment and the whole reason he became the new Spider-Man in the first place.
    This is why I'm not expecting them to actually use Miles in the MCU anytime soon.

BANNED

Uncle Ben was Peter Parker's Uncle Ben moment and they removed that and replaced it with Iron Man. So it can be done.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Uncle Ben was Peter Parker's Uncle Ben moment and they removed that and replaced it with Iron Man. So it can be done.
    Uncle Ben's death (even if they don't outright say it, it's heavily implied) is still the reason MCU Peter became Spider-man.

Uncle Ben's death (even if they don't outright say it, it's heavily implied) is still the reason MCU Peter became Spider-man.
    I still want to see how the origin played out.

MCU Peter just doesn't strike me as the type to have let the burglar go.

Iron Man replaced nothing; they just never showed the "Uncle Ben moment," just alluded to it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Wish she was. The implications and potential team ups and other heroes that could appear in the Spider-Man films would have great potential if Zendaya was White Tiger.