Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast

Default 'Spider-Man' Sequel Filming Start Date Revealed; Jon Watts Confirmed To Return

Spider-Man: Homecoming fans patiently waiting for updates on the upcoming sequel to Peter Parker's first solo Marvel Cinematic Universe entry now have a significant bit of information to get excited about. Thanks to a new report, we now have an idea of when shooting on the film begins.

According to Omega Underground, filming for the yet-untitled Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel is set to begin in June in Atlanta with a wrap date sometime in the fall/winter of 2018 -- likely between October and December. The film is likely to see the return of director John Watts as well as screen writers Erik Sommers and Chris McKenna and is presently slated for release on July 5, 2019.

While no details on the film have been released, the film is expected to be the first installment of the MCU's Phase Four following the Avengers 4 film out in May 2019. With the recently released Avengers: Infinity War trailer showing the arrival of Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet and Avengers 4 said to be an end of the beginning of sorts for the MCU as we know it—possibly even with the deaths of some current characters—the Spider-Man sequel will likely somewhat deal with the Avengers 4 aftermath for Tom Holland's Peter Parker.

This new shooting schedule information also lines up with other Sony Marvel projects. Venom, with Tom Hardy in the title role, is expected to finish shooting in February while Gina Prince-Bythewood's Silver & Black is set to begin filming after that. Venom is expected in theaters October 5, 2018 with Silver & Black expected February 8, 2019.
    Source: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/...ates-revealed/

Source: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/...coming-sequel/
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

It's good to get some director consistency going with the new Spider-Man even if I'm not 100% on Watts' take on Peter Parker/Spider-Man .

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Noooo.... Wasn't it enough for him to undermine Peter's powers, intelligence, and unique personality (in favor of a pretty much cliche, cookie-cutter 'innocent teen' stereotype) in the first movie? Why can't the Russos do a Spider-Man movie instead?

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Noooo.... Wasn't it enough for him to undermine Peter's powers, intelligence, and unique personality (in favor of a pretty much cliche, cookie-cutter 'innocent teen' stereotype) in the first movie? Why can't the Russos do a Spider-Man movie instead?
    I think the Russo's are probably going to feel burnt out after finishing The Avengers movies.

Jon Watts did arguably the best superhero film of the year, that glowing Rotten Tomatoes score wasn't gratuitous. Yes, Wonder Woman is THE film of the year for its cultural relevance and representation, but both him, Taika and James carved masterpieces as far as I'm concerned. I feel like the action scenes are made to play Spidey as a rookie hero by design. I expect a lot of that to be upgraded with Spider-Man 2 and I couldn't be more stoked. Jon Watts is the right guy for this and the reason why this film is so much beloved. Yes, Tom Holland is hands down the best Spider-Man ever put to the screen; but not only him shines in this film, pretty much everyone does. And I can't wait to see what he brings us next.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the Russo's are probably going to feel burnt out after finishing The Avengers movies.
    Yeah, fair enough, I guess. Doesn't change the fact that the were getting another movie from the worst Spider-Man director to date, though.

First movie was alright as long as they learn from the complaints in the first movie. It will be fine. Just make sure he shows his spider sense a lot of people rage about it. I hope kraven can be the villain

more new villains. More high school. More aunt may.
    more power stunts. More Karen.

Yeah, fair enough, I guess. Doesn't change the fact that the were getting another movie from the worst Spider-Man director to date, though.
    They're not bringing back the guy who did Amazing Spider-man 2.

So, who are we all hoping for the villain? I'd love Mysterio personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Seconded.

10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Amazing Spider-Man 2 had a lot of plot problems, but the director was great - that movie was the one which felt most like I was watching a comic book come to life. Meanwhile Jon Watts made a movie about Riri Williams if she was in high school instead of at MIT (and was a guy).

Amazing Spider-Man 2 had a lot of plot problems, but the director was great - that movie was the one which felt most like I was watching a comic book come to life. Meanwhile Jon Watts made a movie about Riri Williams if she was in high school instead of at MIT (and was a guy).
    Pull list:

Pull list:

I enjoyed Homecoming, so I'm definitely happy with a sequel.

Kinda funny how quickly Tom Holland is Peter Parker in more movies than any film Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'd like to see them do something with Scorpion from the last movie.

Whoever it is I hope it's somebody Spidey can punch or have an actual fight with and not waffle about around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I enjoyed Homecoming, so I'm definitely happy with a sequel.

Kinda funny how quickly Tom Holland is Peter Parker in more movies than any film Spider-Man.
    Well, they've got to get as much out of him as they can while he can still pass as a teenager .