Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859 LastLast
    BANNED

Once again it seems that the MCU misses the MAIN POINT TO Spider-man.... https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-far-from-home-uncle-ben/

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Once again it seems that the MCU misses the MAIN POINT TO Spider-man.... https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-far-from-home-uncle-ben/
    People love their uncle Ben even though he was already reference in Civil War. Plus what does seeing another person get shot do for them? They can watch the original trilogy again he’s in every movie. We know his origin we can recite the whole great power speech by heart. The only ones who care are the hardcore fans which I doubt outnumbered the casual one
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    People love their uncle Ben even though he was already reference in Civil War. Plus what does seeing another person get shot do for them? They can watch the original trilogy again he’s in every movie. We know his origin we can recite the whole great power speech by heart. The only ones who care are the hardcore fans which I doubt outnumbered the casual one
    people really hanging to see some old dude take a bullet
    troo fan or death

I mean, me personally, I do kind of want to see how the origin happened in this context rather then have it emphasized how important Tony Stark was to Peter.

BANNED

People love their uncle Ben even though he was already reference in Civil War.
    No he wasn't. Vague blah-blah-blah is not reference.

Plus what does seeing another person get shot do for them?
    You can talk about, mention, discuss and highlight Ben's presence without showing a flashback or anything. I mean since everyone knows the origin, you just have to mention it and that's that.

The only ones who care are the hardcore fans which I doubt outnumbered the casual one
    Among the parts that casual audiences are most familiar with, is Uncle Ben's "Great Power" speech. Hardcore is more stuff like organic webbing versus mechanical and so on.

BANNED

Reference by WHAT ? A Throw away line that means little to nothing to new viewers. If they just SAY HIS NAME AND NOT TEASE US WITH SMALL BITS AND PIECES, then I would start to believe him.

I mean look at WB and Batman, they at the very least reference the Waynes Murder and even showcase it no matter how many times we've seen it.

When dealing with someone like Spider-man, MENTIONING UNCLE BEN BY NAME Should at the very least by an acquirement for any adaptation to the overall character. NO TEASER, NO EASTER EGG, BUT ACTUAL NAME DROPPING. Accept no less.

Ultimate Member

I look at Uncle Ben like I look at Batman's parents, everyone and their grandma already knows about that, and it's been referenced/shown repeatedly on film already. So if this version wants to not do that, then I'm fine with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I look at Uncle Ben like I look at Batman's parents, everyone and their grandma already knows about that, and it's been referenced/shown repeatedly on film already. So if this version wants to not do that, then I'm fine with that.
    Yeah, it's fu*king stupid to cry about the lack Uncle Ben in the new movies. It's a known part of Spider-lore. People don't need to be repeatedly hit on the head with it every time a Spider-Man story is told.

It's not as though every issue of every Spider-Man comic has to shoehorn in an Uncle Ben reference for fear if he goes unmentioned no one will properly understand who Peter is. The movies similarly shouldn't be obliged to belabor that already widely understood point.

so is the female muslim classmate Nakia from the Ms. Marvel comics? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, it's fu*king stupid to cry about the lack Uncle Ben in the new movies. It's a known part of Spider-lore. People don't need to be repeatedly hit on the head with it every time a Spider-Man story is told.

It's not as though every issue of every Spider-Man comic has to shoehorn in an Uncle Ben reference for fear if he goes unmentioned no one will properly understand who Peter is. The movies similarly shouldn't be obliged to belabor that already widely understood point.
    Yes! We don’t need to see this again! The MCU interpretation is fine.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

You all know the reason Uncle Ben isn't in these movies is because his death has become a joke in pop culture and the general public, just like the Waynes deaths, so because they were able to get away with not showing it, they did. Which is fine! He doesn't have to be Peter's only motivation to do anything, he can work as the vague inciding incident that helped to create Spider-Man, and then the interactions that we actually see, like through the relationship with Tony, can be the parts that we focus on in this narrative story.

BANNED

Is it too much to ask for a SIMPLE NAME DROP FOR UNCLE BEN ? Just asking I mean you don’t have to show him or anything, but just a simple of name drop. NO EASTER EGG, NO THROW AWAY LINE THA IS A TAD COMPLEX TO UNDERSTAND, NO INITIALS. JUST A SIMPLE NAME DROP VIA CONVERSATION AND THAT IS IT. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Is it too much to ask for a SIMPLE NAME DROP FOR UNCLE BEN ? Just asking I mean you don’t have to show him or anything, but just a simple of name drop. NO EASTER EGG, NO THROW AWAY LINE THA IS A TAD COMPLEX TO UNDERSTAND, NO INITIALS. JUST A SIMPLE NAME DROP VIA CONVERSATION AND THAT IS IT. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK ?
    guys, i have 2 words that will increase box office and our RT rating on our next spidey sequel and bag us a statue. they ain’t “great” and “movie”...

“uncle”

“ben”
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think FFH is without a doubt the best MCU Spidey has ever been. Homecoming really underwhelmed me but I loved every second of this.
    Same. Loved the increased emphasis on the larger high school supporting cast, Mysterio made for a more fascinating villain (both in terms of fights and characterization; and that's saying something as I thought Keaton's Vulture was the best part of Homecoming), MJ made for a stronger love interest than Liz, and the physical absence of RDJ's Tony helped Holland's Peter Parker finally come into his own.

Enjoyed it so much that I don't have too many qualms about Tony Stark being a second "Uncle Ben-like figure" in Peter's life.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    people really hanging to see some old dude take a bullet
    I yearn. I hunger. I. Have. A. NEED!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate