Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859 LastLast
    Spectacular Member FeliciaSpidey's Avatar

I can tolerate the movies not mentioning Uncle Ben, but replacing him with Tony Stark is disgusting. Why does every appearance of spider-man in MCU has to be related to Tony Stark?What's wrong with not wanting to tie Spider-Man's growth to the irrelevant superhero?Other superheroes in MCU don't have that strong relationship with another hero.
    I expect the mention of uncle ben cuz I hope it could remind people that Tony Stark is not the person who influences spiderman most.
    All in all, Spider-Man shouldn't act like Iron Man's robin.

Who is Runkle Ban

what a great responsibility?

can a fourth film series please remind me? my memory, you see,,..
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    You all know the reason Uncle Ben isn't in these movies is because his death has become a joke in pop culture and the general public, just like the Waynes deaths, so because they were able to get away with not showing it, they did. Which is fine! He doesn't have to be Peter's only motivation to do anything, he can work as the vague inciding incident that helped to create Spider-Man, and then the interactions that we actually see, like through the relationship with Tony, can be the parts that we focus on in this narrative story.
    I think it being a vague incident works a lot better without the relationship with Tony when they make that such a focal element of this version of the character to where what happened to Uncle Ben seems superfluous.

Like, you don't need to show the Wayne deaths constantly but that should still clearly hang over Batman rather then, say, his relationship with another hero. The same should be true for Uncle Ben.

Ultimate Member

The simple fact is, for many, seeing Spider-Man interact with other heroes was something that they wanted when Sony and Marvel made this deal. And Tony mentoring Peter is such a no-brainer idea that even other media have gone with it at times.

Everyone knows about the Uncle Ben thing, it's well-established. So if they want to do something different here, then I simply don't mind. Plus the Tony and Peter dynamic has been really interesting imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The simple fact is, for many, seeing Spider-Man interact with other heroes was something that they wanted when Sony and Marvel made this deal. And Tony mentoring Peter is such a no-brainer idea that even other media have gone with it at times.

Everyone knows about the Uncle Ben thing, it's well-established. So if they want to do something different here, then I simply don't mind. Plus the Tony and Peter dynamic has been really interesting imo.
    I want to see Spider-Man interacting with other heroes, but the Tony dynamic and the extent of the relationship has always just felt so antithetical to Spider-Man as a character.

I mean, Holland and RDJ play off each other well but it's one of the weakest aspect of Holland's Peter for me, on-top of him just not having a very believable Spider-Man personality.

Can we at least see Peter interacting with the Fantastic Four before the end of this Sony/Marvel deal?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaSpidey View Post
    I can tolerate the movies not mentioning Uncle Ben, but replacing him with Tony Stark is disgusting. Why does every appearance of spider-man in MCU has to be related to Tony Stark?What's wrong with not wanting to tie Spider-Man's growth to the irrelevant superhero?Other superheroes in MCU don't have that strong relationship with another hero.
    I expect the mention of uncle ben cuz I hope it could remind people that Tony Stark is not the person who influences spiderman most.
    All in all, Spider-Man shouldn't act like Iron Man's robin.
    I think THIS is the problem I have with the MCU Spider-Man. Ben Parker not being a factor would be fine if it wasn’t for Tony Stark having more influence over the narrative than Ben did in the previous movies. Even Spidey’s baddies are tied to Tony Stark. Even the novelty of interaction with other Marvel heroes falls flat because the only one he’s interacted with in a meaningful way is Stark.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 07-07-2019 at 01:10 PM.

I hope Uncle Ben's name isn't even Ben. It's Tyler.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Can we at least see Peter interacting with the Fantastic Four before the end of this Sony/Marvel deal?
    Knowing the MCU, it would probably mostly be Peter and Reed gushing over Tony Stark .
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I hope Uncle Ben's name isn't even Ben. It's Tyler.
    "Tyler Parker" doesn't roll of the tongue that well in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I think THIS is the problem I have with the MCU Spider-Man. Ben Parker not being a factor would be fine if it wasn’t for Tony Stark having more influence over the narrative than Ben did in the previous movies. Even Spidey’s baddies are tied to Tony Stark. Even the novelty of interaction with other Marvel heroes falls flat because the only one he’s interacted with in a meaningful way is Stark.
    Agreed.

Like, to me, Spider-Man in a shared universe and not dwelling on the origin is great in and of itself, I just really don't think the Tony Stark relationship is a good realization of that, especially with the kind of impact it has on Spider-Man's narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    if the spiderman deal last until phase 5 thats the earliest I expect the Fantastic Four
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member FeliciaSpidey's Avatar

What's more, I believe it is guilt rather than loss said by Jon Watts which makes spider-man, spider-man. Thus, Tony Stark can never replace Uncle Ben since his death is not Peter's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Tyler Parker" doesn't roll of the tongue that well in my opinion.
    that’s because you’re not rolling the r’s. once you do that, it works far better than ben
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Yes! We don’t need to see this again! The MCU interpretation is fine.
    I was thrilled that I didn't have to see the Uncle Ben death again. The only death(s) I need to see less of, are the death Bruce's parents. I was thrilled that we started the MCU's in medias res, because we know why Peter Parker was Spider-Man, and I always felt personally that one of the reasons Peter latched on to Tony so much, was that it came after the death of his uncle/embracing his great power/responsibility. Tony was his next father figure, when he had recently lost his previous one. But that's my mileage. I get others have differing views.

Default 'Spider-Man' Sequel Filming Start Date Revealed; Jon Watts Confirmed To Return

Tony Revolri had a nice anecdote about meeting Stan Lee.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/07...on-casting-ba/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Tony Revolri had a nice anecdote about meeting Stan Lee.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/07...on-casting-ba/
    aaaaaah this is too soft
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate