Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I do like Tom Holland as Spider-Man and I am looking forward to seeing him ''grow'' as was said earlier though. Definitely intrigued by the idea of Kraven being in it. Also, Frontier, thanks for the little spoiler about Infinity War! I haven't had a chance to see it yet! LOL.
    I did? I'm sorry. I hadn't intended too .

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I did? I'm sorry. I hadn't intended too .
    It's fine. The films been out for a while so someone was bound to mention a spoiler at some point. That's why I LOL'd in my post, to assure you that it was fine

BANNED

Nick Fury and Maria Hill's appearances have been confirmed, as Samuel L. Jackson and Cobie Smulders have officially joined the cast

http://www.vulture.com/2018/08/spide...-smulders.html

what? idk what you’re looking at
    Last edited by boots; 08-09-2018 at 01:49 AM.
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Nick Fury and Maria Hill's appearances have been confirmed, as Samuel L. Jackson and Cobie Smulders have officially joined the cast

Yay!

10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Yeah, I posted that 12 days ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yeah, I posted that 12 days ago.
    It wasn't official confirmation.

I'm kind of surprised it took this long to see Peter and Nick Fury together given the obvious Ultimate Spider-Man influences. I'm curious if Fury will tie-in to Peter's parents like he did in the comics.

I'm also curious how much of a role he and Hill will have in the movie, vs. Iron Man in Homecoming (although Fury probably won't dominate the promotion and focus like Tony did). I expect their main role in the movie will be helping to hunt down Mysterio (and possibly Chameleon) and maybe facilitating that rumored female spy character (who may or may not be Jessica Drew).

I'm kind of surprised it took this long to see Peter and Nick Fury together given the obvious Ultimate Spider-Man influences. I'm curious if Fury will tie-in to Peter's parents like he did in the comics.

I'm also curious how much of a role he and Hill will have in the movie, vs. Iron Man in Homecoming (although Fury probably won't dominate the promotion and focus like Tony did). I expect their main role in the movie will be helping to hunt down Mysterio (and possibly Chameleon) and maybe facilitating that rumored female spy character (who may or may not be Jessica Drew).
    Not really. Spidey had a minor role in Civil War and Fury wasn't in it. Homecoming was his first solo movie, I understand they wouldn't want to throw everything in it. Infinity War was busy as f$%k. Avengers 4 most likely also will be busy as f$%k. So Far From Home seems like a good choice.

I'm kind of surprised it took this long to see Peter and Nick Fury together given the obvious Ultimate Spider-Man influences. I'm curious if Fury will tie-in to Peter's parents like he did in the comics.).
    Man, I /hope/ not.

The obsession in comics with Parkers' parents being super special super scientist/spies and whatever is really aggravating.

Honestly, the less explicitly stated about his parents, the better. They should only be notable for their absence.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 08-08-2018 at 10:22 PM.

After the failure of the ASM films to make anyone give a crap about Richard Parker, why would anyone think this was a good idea?

I liked the ASM movies, but putting so much focus on the Parker was definitely not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Not really. Spidey had a minor role in Civil War and Fury wasn't in it. Homecoming was his first solo movie, I understand they wouldn't want to throw everything in it. Infinity War was busy as f$%k. Avengers 4 most likely also will be busy as f$%k. So Far From Home seems like a good choice.
    I get it from the standpoint of not being able to fit it into the movies Spidey was in, but I still think it's something I would've expected them to emphasize more because of the Ultimate influences.

Although even for Spidey's first MCU solo movie they already threw in enough shared universe stuff to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Man, I /hope/ not.

The obsession in comics with Parkers' parents being super special super scientist/spies and whatever is really aggravating.

Honestly, the less explicitly stated about his parents, the better. They should only be notable for their absence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    After the failure of the ASM films to make anyone give a crap about Richard Parker, why would anyone think this was a good idea?
    I never said it's something I personally wanted to see, just that Fury's involvement with Peter's parents is why he had a personal investment in Peter in the Ultimate comics, so I was curious if that would be reflected here.

Maybe that's how they'll finally tie-in Uncle Ben ?

I get it from the standpoint of not being able to fit it into the movies Spidey was in, but I still think it's something I would've expected them to emphasize more because of the Ultimate influences.

Although even for Spidey's first MCU solo movie they already threw in enough shared universe stuff to begin with.

I never said it's something I personally wanted to see, just that Fury's involvement with Peter's parents is why he had a personal investment in Peter in the Ultimate comics, so I was curious if that would be reflected here.

Maybe that's how they'll finally tie-in Uncle Ben ?
    The best place for Uncle Ben to appear would be Soul World imo.