Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

It appears they might be casting for Gwen.

Notably it seems like they're going for a more European take on her.

It's great news to hear Watts is coming back, as Homecoming easily sits behind Spider-Man 2 as my second fave Spidey film ever. I don't think any Spider-Man film has ever woven in such a large supporting cast of friends and villains which made it feel just like a comic book.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    They're not bringing back the guy who did Amazing Spider-man 2.

So, who are we all hoping for the villain? I'd love Mysterio personally.
    I'd like to see them either do one big villain like the Scorpion. Or a couple of smaller villains like Chameleon and the Rhino. I don't want to see them try to do multiple big villains like in Spider-Man 3 or Amazing Spider-Man 2.

It'd be interesting if Schultz came back in an actual Shocker costume this time around.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I really got that passing of the torch vibe from Homecoming and have that theory Peter takes over when RDJ is done. He even has a suit modelled after Iron Man now (didn't like Karen but it explains inner monologue).

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I really got that passing of the torch vibe from Homecoming and have that theory Peter takes over when RDJ is done. He even has a suit modelled after Iron Man now (didn't like Karen but it explains inner monologue).
    I really hope he's not wearing a Starksuit in the next movie, or at least if he is it's really toned down on the gadgets (And the AI).

Like, I can live with the Iron Spider/Parker Industries Goldbug suit in Infinity War, but I think Peter should go back to something more basic and classic by the time of the sequel.

The only real "taking over" I would like to see is Spidey becoming the new MCU flagship character, not a new Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I was kinda hoping we were beyond this. Oh, well, if true, hope they handle it well.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

So I can finally call Gwen Eurotrash?

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to take a French Gwen Stacy seriously .

Also not sure what they would do with her lookwise since MCU Betty basically looks exactly like Gwen.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I really hope he's not wearing a Starksuit in the next movie, or at least if he is it's really toned down on the gadgets (And the AI).

Like, I can live with the Iron Spider/Parker Industries Goldbug suit in Infinity War, but I think Peter should go back to something more basic and classic by the time of the sequel.

The only real "taking over" I would like to see is Spidey becoming the new MCU flagship character, not a new Iron Man.
    Yeah, having the tech suit makes Peter's powers be useless. What's so special about Spider-Man if anyone given a suit by Tony Stark can be a hero? We shouldn't see Peter wearing any more tech for the next few movies until Peter needs to face a large threat like Sinister 6 or something, and even then it should be tech that he makes himself.

Spectacular Member

The suit doesn't make his powers useless because it isn't an Iron Man suit. It just has more advanced web shooters and googles (both based on Peter's original designs). Sure, Karen was helpful, but the suit does nothing to enhance Peter's strength, or agility, or his ability to stick to walls, or any of that stuff.

Astonishing Member

Great that is the same director in the sequel of the Spider-Man movie.
    Despite some faults in the first movie as the story not focusing much in Peter Parker motivation to be Spider-Man as well in the comic books it was still a good Spider-Man movie by Marvel.
    Next movie i want to see the Spider-Man origin better explained,Spider Sense and at least two villains.
    Scorpion seem a obvious choice,but i dont think just that villain can carry a movie as well the Vulture from the first movie did.
    So Scorpion and Green Goblin would be great for example.

Her name will be Ophelie until the very end of the movie when she confesses that people call her Gwen for short.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Parker View Post
    The suit doesn't make his powers useless because it isn't an Iron Man suit. It just has more advanced web shooters and googles (both based on Peter's original designs). Sure, Karen was helpful, but the suit does nothing to enhance Peter's strength, or agility, or his ability to stick to walls, or any of that stuff.
    Well, I don't think the movie ever specified whether the suit enhances any of Peter's powers or not, but the movie did concentrate far more on the tech in the suit than on Peter's powers. Which is fine if Peter made the suit, but not fine if it is someone else's suit entirely. Especially since the movie conveniently forgot about Peter's speed (that stupid running scene), Spider Sense (getting tagged by everyone), durability (almost drowning and freezing in a lake), and even Peter's strength for the most part except the rubble scene. I think anyone watching the movie could ave come out with the conclusion that giving someone like Hawkeye or Daredevil that suit would have resulted in a much more effective superhero than Peter himself, and they wouldn't necessarily be wrong. And that sucks.

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to take a French Gwen Stacy seriously .

Also not sure what they would do with her lookwise since MCU Betty basically looks exactly like Gwen.
    Aside from Peter, they're really not prioritizing having characters resemble the comic book versions. This is neither good or bad, but worth noting.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets