Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    BANNED

International trailer. Different opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I fully expect that the "Elementals" are part of whatever con game Mysterio is playing - setting himself up to be a hero while secretly working on a crime.
    Agreed, they'll be like the Shocker and Tinkerer to his Vulture - though I'm worried there may be too many villains on the playing field.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Anyone catch--

spoilers:
    Pepper potts has signed the check and not tony. Also avengers tower is getting rebuilt in one shot.
    end of spoilers
    not the spoilers:
    avengers tower part, maybe Oscorp being built or less likely Fantastic 4 Baxter building??
    end of spoilers
    Also like how Peters suitcase used to belong to Uncle Ben I like these little references to the character since they arent going to reenact his death anytime soon.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Agreed, they'll be like the Shocker and Tinkerer to his Vulture - though I'm worried there may be too many villains on the playing field.
    I don’t expect the elementals to be “real” characters so I’m not to concerned about there being to many villians

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I know I'm virtually alone here, but still not feeling this version of Peter Parker. It's really well done and rightfully praised, but the tone and characterization feels off based on my personal biases. The MCU versions simply doesn't capture the isolation I associate with the character. He always seems to have some kind of mentor pushing him in the right direction, as opposed to emphasizing his personal conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I know I'm virtually alone here, but still not feeling this version of Peter Parker. It's really well done and rightfully praised, but the tone and characterization feels off based on my personal biases. The MCU versions simply doesn't capture the isolation I associate with the character. He always seems to have some kind of mentor pushing him in the right direction, as opposed to emphasizing his personal conscience.
    You're not alone. I'm not a fan of this version of Peter and I'm not convinced by Holland in the role, but eventually, I really enjoyed homecoming, and I'm really waiting for this one. The way I enjoy the character himself probably won't change, but now I'm ready to accept this different take of the character to enjoy the movies. (Although he's way more annoying in the russos movies, even though he's also more competent).

He kind of reminds me of terry from batman beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post

Not alone. I feel the same. Also, I know Watts likes the Breakfast club, but that angle was wrong for Spider-man. All that made up supporting characters don’t help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    He kind of reminds me of terry from batman beyond.
    I can see why, this is an interesting comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I don’t expect the elementals to be “real” characters so I’m not to concerned about there being to many villians
    Also a thought, though it'd be a waste of someone like Sandman to be relegated to a Mysterio special effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Also a thought, though it'd be a waste of someone like Sandman to be relegated to a Mysterio special effect.
    Spider-Man has one of the great rogues gallery and since Sandman has already been used so I'm good with a nice cameo type scene to support another major villain we haven't seen on screen yet.

sdklsdlserwrwerw
    Last edited by Zeitgeist; 01-15-2019 at 11:54 PM. Reason: disposable post

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Not alone. I feel the same. Also, I know Watts likes the Breakfast club, but that angle was wrong for Spider-man. All that made up supporting characters don’t help.
    Yeah, it definitely feels like he was going for an 80s teen film vibe, problem being there's nothing from that era that's really representative of Peter's teen years. Homecoming divorced Peter from his more interesting conflicts, like his desire to fit in coupled with anti-social tendencies (with isolation and loneliness winning out more often than not).

And don't get me started on their approach to Aunt May....I just...I can't even...

Interesting take on Mysterio. He finally lives up to his name and gives us mystic powers. Is magic expanding in MCU outside of Doctor Strange?