Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

So does the Italian press give Mysterio his name?

nice to see the web gliding wings again. Finally spider-man can "fly"... :-) excellent!

At least Aunt May is okay with Pete being spidey. Nice for a change that Pete won't be stressing that she'll be having heart attacks if she finds out. but the film really needs to address the end of part 1.

More Michelle Jones, she's a refreshing change of pace. Gwen and mary jane exist, somewhere, they just haven't shown up yet. College, maybe. But the films should not ignore other characters. Bring on Betty, Glory, Joy Mercado, Kate Cushing, all younger versions.

Hopefully Black Cat is saved for part 3. She can be college aged.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    Interesting take on Mysterio. He finally lives up to his name and gives us mystic powers. Is magic expanding in MCU outside of Doctor Strange?
    Methinks there is more to Mysterio than meets the eye...or actually less. We are talking about the man who in the comics is known to be the greatest illusionist and special effects wizard of all time.

I am fairly indifferent to Peter Morales or Miles Parker or what-have-you. I thought Homecoming was good and it was nice to see a Spider-Man movie that was light, simple and happy after the doom-and-gloom that infected Spider-Man from SM-2 to the Andrew Garfield movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Anyone catch--

spoilers:
    Pepper potts has signed the check and not tony. Also avengers tower is getting rebuilt in one shot.
    end of spoilers

Also--

spoilers:
    Avengers tower has a huge hole in it!
    end of spoilers
    Nice catches - I'll have to go back and look for those!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Agreed, they'll be like the Shocker and Tinkerer to his Vulture - though I'm worried there may be too many villains on the playing field.
    I don't think those guys will be any more than third-stringers at best.

For all we know, given Mysterio's involvement, they could be elaborate FX creations and not "real" at all.

What I'm curious about is how much Michael Keaton's Vulture will be involved and if we'll see more of the Scorpion from the first film.

BANNED

Bear in mind that Marvel is pretty good at disguising trailers and so on. To throw people off-scent. So all that freeze-frame details might not mean much.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'm glad Spidey seems more competent and self-assured in this movie. Seems like we're actually getting forward progression on his capability and not the big shift from Civil War to Homecoming.

I also liked them playing the instrumental of the Spider-Man theme over the trailer.

And the fishbowl looks glorious .
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    MYSTERIOOOOO!
    Hydro-Man, Molten Man, and Sandman look really cool, and I like the little elements from other Spider-Man lore their incorporating here: (Tony's assistant falling for Aunt May, Flash liking Spider-Man, Fury recruiting Spider-Man, Peter liking MJ)
    It feels weird calling the Elementals with the Supervillain names when they're not really "characters" to me.

Like, if somebody calls that sand creature Sandman it's going to be weird since that's not Flint Marko, so not really a "man."

Makes me hope it's just for marketing and they don't actually use those in the movie.

I'm glad Flash is finally a Spider-Man fanboy. The lack of that in the last movie was one of my main issues with Revolori's Flash. I hope that's not the only scene it comes up in.

Peter calling Michelle "MJ" feels so weird when she still feels like an OC. But this is the same movie where Ganke is called "Ned" and we have a blonde Betty Brant, so I guess it's par for the course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Trailer looks fun loved how May is supportive of Peter and I liked how she pack his suit and left a note.
    I'm kind of disappointed they glossed over the "Talk" after she found out. Maybe it'll happen in some form or another, but it feels like a pretty big and dramatic moment that needed to happen.

But given they treated her finding out like a punchline, I guess that might be too much to hope for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Agreed, they'll be like the Shocker and Tinkerer to his Vulture - though I'm worried there may be too many villains on the playing field.
    Just without the possibility of returning for a future movie...

I kinda wish they didn't have a molten creature, if only so they could bring back Liz and do Molten Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    The MCU versions simply doesn't capture the isolation I associate with the character. He always seems to have some kind of mentor pushing him in the right direction, as opposed to emphasizing his personal conscience.
    It's weird to me to see Spidey being so popular.

It's like there's a shoe about to drop that turns everyone against him, but I can almost see them trying to avoid that.

I do feel like Fury might end up being less intrusive and more complimentary to Peter in this movie compared to Iron Man. Like, challenging and helping Peter grow but in a way that doesn't make him come off like a sidekick like he does whenever he's around Tony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    Interesting take on Mysterio. He finally lives up to his name and gives us mystic powers. Is magic expanding in MCU outside of Doctor Strange?
    It's all probably fake.

I mean, it's Mysterio. It's got to be an illusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    And don't get me started on their approach to Aunt May....I just...I can't even...
    I feel like they could be doing so much more with Aunt May in these movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I love it when people say "as a fan of..." prefacing a negative comment as though the people who do like it are somehow not actually fans themselves.
    Well, it wasn't really prefacing since it came at the end of his sentence...
    I fully expect that the "Elementals" are part of whatever con game Mysterio is playing - setting himself up to be a hero while secretly working on a crime.
    I'm curious if the marketing will keep trying to spin Mysterio as a hero, but I could see the last trailer finally revealing him as a villain or showing Spidey fighting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I don't think those guys will be any more than third-stringers at best.
    Or they're just basically set-pieces for Spider-Man to have to contend with.

Although Chameleon is potentially in it, so I'm curious how he'll be utilized.
    What I'm curious about is how much Michael Keaton's Vulture will be involved and if we'll see more of the Scorpion from the first film.
    Sinister Six setup a go-go...

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I really hope we get to see “The Talk” between Peter and May. It’s way to important for them to gloss over and I trust the people in charge to recognize that.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I really hope we get to see “The Talk” between Peter and May. It’s way to important for them to gloss over and I trust the people in charge to recognize that.
    Unfortunately I was expecting it to be glossed over as the events of Infinity War and Endgame take place between Homecoming and Far From Home.

The only way to include it would be to put in a flashback, which I don't see them doing.

BANNED

Edit: Never mind, misread the post.

Hehe nice.

Spectacular Member

Why is Mysterio helping Spider-man is one main question... Also, I got it with Homecoming; wanting to intro MCU Spidey by having Tony mentor Peter... but I'm sorry, Spidey works best for me as a solo act so I'm not into forcing Nick Fury into the plot nor do i care about someone working for Tony flirting with Aunt May.. just seems like they're avoiding Peter as a character to mold him into the MCU as like an add on.

The action pieces look fun.
    Last edited by LK3185; 01-15-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Movie looks promising. I do have to admit that, while I like Homecoming, it hasn't been a movie I've been eager to re-see. While the MCU Spidey does feel a lot like an AU version of the character rather then an adaptation of any of the comics, the cast has been good, so I hope this one turns out well.

Like seeing Aunt May being a support system rather then a hinderance and having Michelle be the leading lady could be quite interesting. Looking forward to Nick Fury and Maria Hill and am very curious what they do with Mysterio and what those "Element" things turn out to be (more classic bad guys, a con, something else?).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of disappointed they glossed over the "Talk" after she found out. Maybe it'll happen in some form or another, but it feels like a pretty big and dramatic moment that needed to happen.

But given they treated her finding out like a punchline, I guess that might be too much to hope for.
    There could be more serious discussions between May and Peter here. All we've seen is the trailer.

And I'd rather have her be cool with him as Spider-Man than having it be the usual trope of her being too frail to handle Peter's dual identity.

I do feel like Fury might end up being less intrusive and more complimentary to Peter in this movie compared to Iron Man. Like, challenging and helping Peter grow but in a way that doesn't make him come off like a sidekick like he does whenever he's around Tony.
    Yes, he's not going to have the same kind of relationship with Fury as he did with Stark.

And that's even if the Fury he's dealing with really is Fury. Who knows?

https://www.newsarama.com/43471-spid...nick-fury.html

I feel like they could be doing so much more with Aunt May in these movies.
    Like what? If we get a Spider-Man movies once every two years, how much of that two hour movie should be devoted to Aunt May rather than, you know, Spider-Man?

It's not like a monthly, or bi-monthly, comic where there's ample room to go deeper into the supporting cast without shortchanging the main character.

Well, it wasn't really prefacing since it came at the end of his sentence...
    Some people preface their comments, some people tag their comments, some people qualify their comments, etc..

Point being that it's common to see "as a fan" accompanying some gripe as though people who express their enthusiasm somehow aren't also fans.

I'm curious if the marketing will keep trying to spin Mysterio as a hero, but I could see the last trailer finally revealing him as a villain or showing Spidey fighting him.
    Not sure. Mysterio is so well known as a villain I don't know how much of the marketing is going to hinge on trying to fake people out as to his real motivations but we'll see.

Or they're just basically set-pieces for Spider-Man to have to contend with.
    I think the Elementals are not going to be a big part of the movie. I think they're just there to give Spidey some spectacular opponents to fight and also to give a flavor of some classic foes like Sandman and Hydro-Man without having to burden the storyline with additional characters who need their own arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    Why is Mysterio helping Spider-man is one main question... Also, I got it with Homecoming; wanting to intro MCU Spidey by having Tony mentor Peter... but I'm sorry, Spidey works best for me as a solo act so I'm not into forcing Nick Fury into the plot nor do i care about someone working for Tony flirting with Aunt May.. just seems like they're avoiding Peter as a character to mold him into the MCU as like an add on.

The action pieces look fun.
    so he can gain the publicity but then spiderman figures out he is setting up the whole elementals and then they fight it out. As for the whole solo act that's one of the reasons why Sony decided to share with Marvel so can do the teams up with the Mcu in large. I feel like people want a Netflix Tv situation where he is in their universe but cant have any interactions with them and just have references here of there.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    As for the whole solo act that's one of the reasons why Sony decided to share with Marvel so can do the teams up with the Mcu in large. I feel like people want a Netflix Tv situation where he is in their universe but cant have any interactions with them and just have references here of there.

I don't mind Spider-man having interactions with Avengers and all that but there's a difference between that, and having a mentor figure now 2 movies in a row and needing help to beat villains. He's Spider-man, not some two bit hero that can't defeat powerful villains.