Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Aside from Peter, they're really not prioritizing having characters resemble the comic book versions. This is neither good or bad, but worth noting.
    Well, let's just hope they don't steal another Miles supporting character and slap a different name on them this time...

More neighborhood adventures would be great.
    Depending on what villain is chosen, I hope that a personal connection is not prioritized. It worked out great with Vulture, but this particular angle gets tired really quickly.
    Aunt May's reaction to finding out needs to be explored in-depth. Why not?
    I wonder if we'll find out what happened to Uncle Ben, specifically, or if he'll be portrayed by an actor.
    Peter finally getting a to kiss a girl would be great.

He kissed Liz in a deleted scene.

Anyway, I think French Gwen (if true) is going to be another temporary impediment until he arrives at his true end game MJ. Hey, maybe I was right about the first trilogy revolving around the three high school year dances (Homecoming, Fall Formals, Prom) respectively! With Peter courting Gwen for Fall Formals, but maybe they will pull a Spectacular and have her drop out last minute and have MJ step in? Or are they saving the Face it, Tiger! moment for Prom like in Ultimate?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    He kissed Liz in a deleted scene.

Anyway, I think French Gwen (if true) is going to be another temporary impediment until he arrives at his true end game MJ. Hey, maybe I was right about the first trilogy revolving around the three high school year dances (Homecoming, Fall Formals, Prom) respectively! With Peter courting Gwen for Fall Formals, but maybe they will pull a Spectacular and have her drop out last minute and have MJ step in? Or are they saving the Face it, Tiger! moment for Prom like in Ultimate?
    The Face it Tiger moment is going to feel weird without Mary Jane...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Face it Tiger moment is going to feel weird without Mary Jane...
    It's MJ, close enough. I don't think we will hear the character be called "Michelle" on film beyond a couple of times or so now.

It's MJ, close enough. I don't think we will hear the character be called "Michelle" on film beyond a couple of times or so now.
    Not for me, but I guess I'll live with it .

The Hashtag show apparently has some new information on the villain.

While the site is unable to reveal the character's identity, they do know that the script is calling for a baddie with "elevated ideas" and the studio is open to auditioning actors of any ethnicity and gender which is definitely an interesting/unexpected twist.
    And another high school kid:
    It's also revealed that Marvel is looking for an 18 - 24-year-old male lead of any ethnicity to play a high school student with leading man qualities who can hold his own with Tom Holland.

The "Michelle" thing is so dumb. Marvel seemed too scared to say they cast a woman of color as Mary Jane, so we have a non-Mary Jane MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The "Michelle" thing is so dumb. Marvel seemed too scared to say they cast a woman of color as Mary Jane, so we have a non-Mary Jane MJ.
    They did it with Liz Allen.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    (Why does everyone spell her name "Allen?" It's "Allan.")

Also, nobody cares about Liz. And she wasn't even "Liz Allan." She was "Liz Toomes."

Liz is still Liz, even with a different last name (Which is justified anyways), Michelle is just a cop out lol.

I guess it's because it showed up frequently enough in the older comics, I think I saw Osborn being called "Osbourne" by fans once or twice too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    Jon Watts did arguably the best superhero film of the year, that glowing Rotten Tomatoes score wasn't gratuitous. Yes, Wonder Woman is THE film of the year for its cultural relevance and representation, but both him, Taika and James carved masterpieces as far as I'm concerned. I feel like the action scenes are made to play Spidey as a rookie hero by design. I expect a lot of that to be upgraded with Spider-Man 2 and I couldn't be more stoked. Jon Watts is the right guy for this and the reason why this film is so much beloved. Yes, Tom Holland is hands down the best Spider-Man ever put to the screen; but not only him shines in this film, pretty much everyone does. And I can't wait to see what he brings us next.
    It was a good movie but far from the best superhero of last year IMO even ignoring WW and just sticking to Marvel I think GOTG 2, Thor Ragnarok, and especially Fox's Logan were all better. It's not even the best Spider-Man movie IMO I think Raimi's Spider-Man (2002) and Spider-Man 2 were both better. The two shining spots though were Holland who I agree is the best all around Spider-Man and Keaton's Vulture.

he looks great in today trailer especially with his moment with the Doctor.

I've seen it both ways with no real consistency.

Also, nobody cares about Liz. And she wasn't even "Liz Allan." She was "Liz Toomes."
    Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Liz is still Liz, even with a different last name (Which is justified anyways), Michelle is just a cop out lol.
    Do we know that they went the "kinda sorta not really" route just to avoid having a black MJ or was it because they didn't want to have the character in the movie irregardless of ethnicity?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I've seen it both ways with no real consistency.
    Pretty sure Allan is the most consistent one, it is the official one anyways.

Do we know that they went the "kinda sorta not really" route just to avoid having a black MJ or was it because they didn't want to have the character in the movie irregardless of ethnicity?
    There's no confirmation about it, but the intention couldn't be more obvious, I mean, of all the supporting characters, she's the only new one, which would be unnecessary to be done considering the ammount of female supporting characters there are around in Spidey's life, and MCU is gonna give the characters known names even if they absolutely nothing to do with the originals, like Ned, but of course, maybe the writters just wanted to create a new character for the hell of it, but in such case, there's no reason Michelle would have "MJ" as the nickname if she weren't to be used as a cop out, and considering that MJ is far more popular than all the other supporting characters who's actualy iconic enough to have her looks be recognizable, them playing safe with her would be the way to go since making such a change in her could tone down possible controversies of the race lift, because if the fans don't approve of Michelle, they can just say that she isn't MJ, quite simple.

Of course, they could be just be making a random reference with their new character, but with the way she was advertised as being important, and the only thing she did was be an ******* during the whole movie (Not even an important or at least, helpful *******), well, I find that unlikely.