Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I'm with you. Just reveal Michelle Jones is a fake name she was using. Why was she using a fake name? Interesting story to tell there imo.
    One direction they could explore is she wants to distance herself from her criminal dad and the name "Watson".

If you want to make it extra soap opera-y, maybe they could reveal that The Burglar was known other than MJ's dad Phil Watson! Shades of Spectacular Spider-Man's Black Cat plot but I think the large teen audiences for these movies would lap up the angle of Peter/MJ's star-crossed romance entwined in tragedy and obstacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    One direction they could explore is she wants to distance herself from her criminal dad and the name "Watson".
    I had the same idea. I posted it a while ago, don't know on which thread.
    If you want to make it extra soap opera-y, maybe they could reveal that The Burglar was known other than MJ's dad Phil Watson! Shades of Spectacular Spider-Man's Black Cat plot but I think the large teen audiences for these movies would lap up the angle of Peter/MJ's star-crossed romance entwined in tragedy and obstacles.

I'd be fine with it either being her real name or she legally changes it at some point.

Just pretend "Michelle Jones" didn't exist .

Why are people still insistent on her being a Jones when it's just a rumor or a speculation debunked by Feige?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Why are people still insistent on her being a Jones when it's just a rumor or a speculation debunked by Feige?
    Because it's irrelevant as her first name is Michelle. Doesn't matter if her last name is Jones or Jonas or Johnson or even Jane or Watson. What is the point of giving Michelle Jane or Michelle Watson, we want Mary Jane Watson, or screw this "MJ" nonsense and make her an entirely new character.

Found this on youtube. More from the trailer pointing to hydo man and molten man.

A boats number is a issue of Spider-Man asm 212 where spidey fights hydro man and another on a car is a issue spidey fights molten man!

Arrow

Yeah, but those just could be meta easter eggs (see above). I swear sometimes people read what they want into these teaser trailers.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Hydro-Man/Molten-Man are probably just illusions created by Mysterio.
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 01-19-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Because it's irrelevant as her first name is Michelle. Doesn't matter if her last name is Jones or Jonas or Johnson or even Jane or Watson. What is the point of giving Michelle Jane or Michelle Watson, we want Mary Jane Watson, or screw this "MJ" nonsense and make her an entirely new character.
    Yeah, don't give her the nickname if she's not going to actually be Mary Jane Watson.

You're doing an injustice to the actual character of Mary Jane Watson and putting a lot of expectations on a character you are, ostensibly, presenting as someone original.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, don't give her the nickname if she's not going to actually be Mary Jane Watson.

You're doing an injustice to the actual character of Mary Jane Watson and putting a lot of expectations on a character you are, ostensibly, presenting as someone original.
    I agree with you. The initials were a big mistake and one I doubt slipped through the cracks (unless everyone involved is far less intelligent than I give them credit for being).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

So my friends and I discuss the trailer that dropped for Far From Home. I'm intrigued by it and it leaves a lot of fun questions for the film to answer. I do wonder if people are okay with Spider-Man not really webswinging around NYC...

Take a look and tell me your thoughts.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

so after Liz, that would be two semi-girlfriends whose dads are really sketchy underworld types? Talk about Parker Luck...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so after Liz, that would be two semi-girlfriends whose dads are really sketchy underworld types? Talk about Parker Luck...
    I am okay with MJ being Michelle Jones and have no problems with this take, since I don't expect them to go too far in this High School Trilogy. But if they want to make her name being different...well you could say she changed Mary Jane because she didn't want the marijuana jokes. The deep cut about Michelle's Dad being the burglar who shot Uncle Ben...I can see them doing that but I don't know what they will do with it, because that kind of baggage in a relationship seems intense. But why not?

The fact is that Mary Jane Watson was intended by Lee-Romita to be an embodiment of the '60s, that explains Lee's weird attempt at approximating slang from kids so it's a mix of flower power, beatnik, hipster and all that stuff. You can't accurately adapt that and transplant it the same way, in the same fashion so much of other parts of Peter's story and setting is era specific and dated. There are timeless qualities to Mary Jane, her liking Spider-Man and Peter Parker, liking Spider-Man precisely when all of society despise him and that has been common in both the comics and ''Spider-Man 1'' (that upside down kiss follows the montage where Jameson does a menace thing on Spider-Man, and shows Peter that no not everyone is going to bring the hero down), being poor and coming from a broken home, and having a certain pluck, courage, and determination. Some or all of that is there in 616, Raimi, USM and the PS4 and even in her brief appearance, ''Into the Spider-Verse''. Those timeless aspects is more central to Mary Jane than saying "tiger" all the time, being a party girl, or a model/actress.

Michelle Jones is an update in being a millennial and Gen-Z girl. So in the first movie she's got a "third-wave feminist affect" which she carries over in the Far From Home trailer and so on. And her dark brown hair does look reddish in some scenes so yeah I can totally buy that she's MJ...she does seem less tony than Liz and Betty and others in that group, and she's a loner and class clown which is pretty accurate to MJ. Read up ASM#259 where she describes her time in high school and says she was a class clown and loner then...you know, when she does a high school Shakespeare production and says, "I take thee, Tiger".

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Hydro-Man/Molten-Man are probably just illusions created by Mysterio.
    Maybe. I hope not, though. Mysterio's effects have a way of being a little too realistic sometimes. If they end up being illusions, then after the whole battle is done there should be no damage and no one should be wet. And everyone ends up pissed.

I'd rather have the only illusion be that Mysterio is a hero.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

lego-spider-man-far-from-home-hydro-man.jpg
    lego-spider-man-far-from-home-molten-man.jpg
    lego-spider-man-far-from-home-stark-jet-drone.jpg

Official lego sets for Far From Home is announced. Looks like the fire/water elementals are indeed named Molten Man and Hydro Man (at least on offical lego sets)