Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Wish she was. The implications and potential team ups and other heroes that could appear in the Spider-Man films would have great potential if Zendaya was White Tiger.
    The most recent White Tiger is Ava Ayala so how would her being Michelle Gonzalez signal that development? You think just because she's hispanic that would make that happen?

New look at Mysterio:

BANNED

You know I am currently reading Ditko's epic run on Doctor Strange, and it occurs to me that Dormamu has a similar design to Mysterio, i.e. dome like conical head with vague outlines of face sticking out.

The MCU Dormamu lacked the comics design so we don't get that visual similarity so much. But yeah, the MCU Mysterio is good. I am glad they didn't try to modernize or do without the fishbowl look. It looks decent and legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    New look at Mysterio:

I still can't believe that they actually adapted the fishbowl helmet and made it look cool.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    New look at Mysterio:

So glad they keep the fishbowl head. My brother is big fan of Mysterio and he is eagerly waiting for see him in this movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Wish she was. The implications and potential team ups and other heroes that could appear in the Spider-Man films would have great potential if Zendaya was White Tiger.
    Now THAT would have been a great twist that I would have gotten behind. Better than naming her MJ when she clearly isn’t one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Uncle Ben's death (even if they don't outright say it, it's heavily implied) is still the reason MCU Peter became Spider-man.
    Then why don’t we hear his name or something that surrounds the financial situation beyond Peter being a dumpster diver for parts ?
    Or maybe a photo of him ?

Something physical presence beyond a suitcase quick nod ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    How would you suggest they do Miles’ MCU origin without a Peter Parker spider-man first?

Because Peter’s death is Miles’ Uncle Ben moment and the whole reason he became the new Spider-Man in the first place.
    I never did like the MCU retcon of how they placed Peter into the overall story. If it were up to me I would have thought that Peter Parker/Spider-Man would have been the Rami version and have him die between the Timeline before the Avengers and then have him be more like a myth.

Then showcase Miles Morales getting the powers as a way to replicated the Spider-Man process. Have Tony find out about him and try to recruit him and then the rest is history.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Then why don’t we hear his name or something that surrounds the financial situation beyond Peter being a dumpster diver for parts ?
    Or maybe a photo of him ?

Something physical presence beyond a suitcase quick nod ?
    His suitcase in FHH has Uncle Ben’s initials on it, that good enough for you?

I guess we'll have to see how Mysterio gets his "abilities"-- no explanation so far, and hopefully it will be explained in the movies. Obviously he is not known for real magic, but illusion and practical effects. I wonder if he also managed to scavenge some Chitauri technology like the Vulture's team did?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I guess we'll have to see how Mysterio gets his "abilities"-- no explanation so far, and hopefully it will be explained in the movies. Obviously he is not known for real magic, but illusion and practical effects. I wonder if he also managed to scavenge some Chitauri technology like the Vulture's team did?
    Quentin Beck is a Hollywood special effects genius so it's not inconceivable for him to use alien tech or stuff as props to make his movies realistic and so on.

The newspaper strip did a take on Mysterio where Beck was a special effects genius working on a movie (called "The Monster Maker' in reference to Stan Lee's failed project that he tried to make with French director Alain Resnais) that Spider-Man crashed because he thought a scene of a monster attacking a girl was a real monster since the effects were that good. This bankrupted and destroyed the props for that low-budget movie turning Beck to a life of crime...which gotta say was a good take on the whole hero creating the villain thing. Since Spider-Man made a believable mistake and error, and his actions did cause legit collateral damage.

So Mysterio poses as a superhero and uses gadgets and stuff to manipulate people left-right-and-center, and gets the public to love him and so on, while Spider-Man gets resentful and upset (Jonah sends him to get pictures of Mysterio and not Spider-Man) and that sort of thing.

I never did like the MCU retcon of how they placed Peter into the overall story. If it were up to me I would have thought that Peter Parker/Spider-Man would have been the Rami version and have him die between the Timeline before the Avengers and then have him be more like a myth.

Then showcase Miles Morales getting the powers as a way to replicated the Spider-Man process. Have Tony find out about him and try to recruit him and then the rest is history.
    I'm really glad it's not up to you.

Why use the second rate copy of a character when you can use the real thing?

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The most recent White Tiger is Ava Ayala so how would her being Michelle Gonzalez signal that development? You think just because she's hispanic that would make that happen?
    Now THAT would have been a great twist that I would have gotten behind. Better than naming her MJ when she clearly isn’t one.
    Uh guys Zendaya isn’t Hispanic
    Edit: oh wait you guys covered that last page lol

iMan 42s

Rami Spider-man was a public figure though. He was well documented by the Bugle, numerous citizens had encountered him in broad daylight no less, and his battles with super-villains had been public displays. He even had a public celebration devoted to his heroics which he even showed up to. Raimi Spider-man had been active as well for about 6-7 years so people definitely knew about him.

The only one you could consider a myth would be Webb Spider-man, but he also has documentation of his short existence, not to mention he that by his third costume change he was operating in broad daylight.

MCU Peter prior to Civil War was only operating for a couple of months prior to meeting Tony Stark. Nobody knew he existed by that point because he was just that new.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm really glad it's not up to you.

Why use the second rate copy of a character when you can use the real thing?
    Wow, what a gross post. Which one is the second rate copy?

Either way it's wrong.

Raimi Peter and Miles >> MCU Peter
    Last edited by gregpersons; 04-04-2019 at 11:24 PM.