Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Aaron himself was in Homecoming though, so he doesn't need an expy... I think spoilers:
    Since Tony Stark is dead, Peter's just looking for a new father figure, and picks the wrong guy. By the end, he'll realise who he should turn to... Happy Hogan.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Attachment 81649

As in all spiderman movies the villian will learn the secret identity also the director says that Mysterio is the new uncle to Peter so go ahead and rage.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/25/spi...w-tom-holland/
    Wait, isn't that the Homecoming suit? It looks more blue then black. So Peter has three costumes in this movie ?

And is that the "Dimitri" character in the background?

I'm not surprised Mysterio finds out Spider-Man's secret identity in what seems to be their first proper meeting. They're lifting from Ultimate where people were figuring out Peter's secret identity left-and-right.

"Everyone really enjoyed the fact that throughout [Homecoming], there’s always something you can relate to with him,” Holland explains. “So in this film, especially, we tried to tailor the script in a way so that we could hit so many different relatable scenarios, so that not a single person in the world felt left out watching this movie.” What was that old adage? You try and please everybody but then end up pleasing no one? Just something to be mindful of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Considering how many elements from Miles they keep bringing in, I could see Mysterio as a sort of Uncle Aaron type. Bad guy but has a soft spot for Peter.
    Is that how they're going to get around Mysterio not telling everybody who Spider-Man is once he inevitably gets beaten? Even though they already kind of did that with Vulture? Peter's just lucky his bad guys are honorable and have a soft spot for him?

Unless...I dunno, Fury pulls strings to put Beck into the Vault where he's absolutely no threat to Peter but I figure he'll probably end up in the same prison as Toomes and Gargan so they can set up the Sinister Six.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Maybe Mysterio realizes he can't beat Peter on his own so he offers Peter's personal info in exchange for an escape + chance at revenge (Sinister 6)?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aaron himself was in Homecoming though, so he doesn't need an expy... I think spoilers:
    Since Tony Stark is dead, Peter's just looking for a new father figure, and picks the wrong guy. By the end, he'll realise who he should turn to... Happy Hogan.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    How sad poor Pete needs a new daddy.
    end of spoilers
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Maybe Mysterio realizes he can't beat Peter on his own so he offers Peter's personal info in exchange for an escape + chance at revenge (Sinister 6)?
    Mysterio organizing the Sinister Six? That would be a twist .

spoilers:
    Before I would've thought it was obvious that Mysterio was gonna be the secret bad guy, but now after Captain Marvel...I'm not so sure...

I think its still more likely he turns out to be the villain, but I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to throw a big twist like that out there.
    end of spoilers

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mysterio organizing the Sinister Six? That would be a twist .
    I more of meant that Mysterio would join an already organized Sinister team (3 or 4 inside, the rest will debut next movie to break them out)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that how they're going to get around Mysterio not telling everybody who Spider-Man is once he inevitably gets beaten? Even though they already kind of did that with Vulture? Peter's just lucky his bad guys are honorable and have a soft spot for him?

Unless...I dunno, Fury pulls strings to put Beck into the Vault where he's absolutely no threat to Peter but I figure he'll probably end up in the same prison as Toomes and Gargan so they can set up the Sinister Six.
    Mysterio has usually been shown to be honorable in the comics, while Vulture and Scorpion are anything but usually. So its not completely out of left field that he may have mixed feelings over outright allowing Peter to die during his shenanigans. The secret identity is out of the bag - Vulture knows, Scorpion knows, Aunt May knows, Ned knows. My guess is that MJ will know after this movie.

The whole secret identity thing is quite a silver age concept, don't you think? Its usually mocked more than taken seriously. Peter has unmasked to so many people at this point, if you include the Avengers and GotG.

Probably at the end, Mysterio ends up pissed at Peter though. Vowing revenge, that kind of thing. I suspect this story to be a bit of a coming of age story for Peter as a superhero, where he has to make his first really tough, adult decisions. Like not letting a bad guy go just because he saved your life or because he has a sad story.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Mysterio has usually been shown to be honorable in the comics, while Vulture and Scorpion are anything but usually. So its not completely out of left field that he may have mixed feelings over outright allowing Peter to die during his shenanigans. The secret identity is out of the bag - Vulture knows, Scorpion knows, Aunt May knows, Ned knows. My guess is that MJ will know after this movie.
    Scorpion doesn't know. That's the entire reason he asked Toomes at the end of the movie whether he knew who Spider-Man was.

Beck has never struck me as being honorable, only in the respect of being a showman and not as immensely vindictive compared to some of Spider-Man's other villains. But he'd still kick Spidey when he's down if he had the chance.
    The whole secret identity thing is quite a silver age concept, don't you think? Its usually mocked more than taken seriously. Peter has unmasked to so many people at this point, if you include the Avengers and GotG.
    I don't know if's a Silver Age concept so much as just a general and quintessential Superhero trope that's more important to some characters more then others.

But I think it's because it's so uncommon in the MCU that it's played so loosely with Spider-Man even though with other interpretations it's a much bigger deal.

I feel like it's going to eventually end up biting Peter when someone like the Goblin or whoever finds out who he is and actually does what Toomes threatened to do. But that all depends on whether they want to show the serious consequences of MCU Peter being Spider-Man.
    Probably at the end, Mysterio ends up pissed at Peter though. Vowing revenge, that kind of thing. I suspect this story to be a bit of a coming of age story for Peter as a superhero, where he has to make his first really tough, adult decisions. Like not letting a bad guy go just because he saved your life or because he has a sad story.
    It feels like every Holland Spider-Man movie is a coming of age story .

spoilers:
    Saw Endgame loved Spiderman role in it. Although his character was used to motivate Ironman I didn't care since I love their relationship. Second thing Tony says when he returns to Earth was that he lost me and When Peter came back he got that hug he wanted in homecoming. During the final battle with Thanos and how they are playing hot potatoes with the Stark Gauntlet with Black Panther then Spidey and Captain Marvel I felt like they were passing the torch between those characters with it ending with Captain Marvel. I need Peter to introduce himself to every hero he meets for as long as Sony allows him in the MCU because I enjoyed those interactions.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Ok, I'm annoyed that Endgame may have broken MCU Spidey for me to some degree. So, he loses 5 years and returns in 2023 being the same age he was in 2018 (talk about Peter Pan-ing him. The MCU really one-upped the comics there ). But what about his classmates who survived the snap? Why are they the same age as Peter? Which of his classmates survived? It would be awfully convenient for all of Ned, MJ, Betty and Flash to fall victim to the snap as well. Did Aunt May survive the snap and age 5 years? All of this better be answered as otherwise it would be incredibly frustrating. It's not just a plothole, it's breaking the crux of the emotion pay-off of the Infinity War/Endgame arc for me. Ditto for the dynamics between Peter and his friends.
    end of spoilers

I know Tony is a touchy issue for some given his father like relationship with Peter but having seen Endgame

spoilers:
    How open are people to Peter having a big brother ish relationship with Morgan?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    spoilers:
    Ok, I'm annoyed that Endgame may have broken MCU Spidey for me to some degree. So, he loses 5 years and returns in 2023 being the same age he was in 2018 (talk about Peter Pan-ing him. The MCU really one-upped the comics there ). But what about his classmates who survived the snap? Why are they the same age as Peter? Which of his classmates survived? It would be awfully convenient for all of Ned, MJ, Betty and Flash to fall victim to the snap as well. Did Aunt May survive the snap and age 5 years? All of this better be answered as otherwise it would be incredibly frustrating. It's not just a plothole, it's breaking the crux of the emotion pay-off of the Infinity War/Endgame arc for me. Ditto for the dynamics between Peter and his friends.
    end of spoilers
    It'd be awfully convenient. But it wouldn't be a plot hole.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 04-28-2019 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I know Tony is a touchy issue for some given his father like relationship with Peter but having seen Endgame

spoilers:
    How open are people to Peter having a big brother ish relationship with Morgan?
    end of spoilers
    I'd be fine with it. But I don't think it's happening, not in the near future anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    it's pretty apparent that his classmates where snapped alongside with him at least the ones who matter. Also I don't see how it ruins an emotional arc cause they still have to adjust to being dead for 5 years
    But it brings another point if they really want to they can introduce Miles because they can say he wasn't snapped and he continued to grow up these 5 years
    end of spoilers