Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    spoilers:
    Ok, I'm annoyed that Endgame may have broken MCU Spidey for me to some degree. So, he loses 5 years and returns in 2023 being the same age he was in 2018 (talk about Peter Pan-ing him. The MCU really one-upped the comics there ). But what about his classmates who survived the snap? Why are they the same age as Peter? Which of his classmates survived? It would be awfully convenient for all of Ned, MJ, Betty and Flash to fall victim to the snap as well. Did Aunt May survive the snap and age 5 years? All of this better be answered as otherwise it would be incredibly frustrating. It's not just a plothole, it's breaking the crux of the emotion pay-off of the Infinity War/Endgame arc for me. Ditto for the dynamics between Peter and his friends.
    end of spoilers
    I think all of that are elements that Far From Home will address but that don't represent actual plotholes.

spoilers:
    It seems pretty clear that most of Peter's classmates were dusted and have come back. So, of course, they would pick up their lives where they left off. They haven't aged and they haven't continued with their education so it's obviously back to high school for them. While five years have passed in the real world, for them it was a matter of seconds. It would be interesting if some of their classmates weren't dusted and are now graduated and onto college or whatever. Maybe that will be addressed. Of course it's awfully convenient that the major players like Ned and MJ are in the same boat as Peter but much of fiction is built around conveniences. I think it would be really interesting to have May not have been dusted and have been living without Peter for five years. It would add a lot to her character to have been shouldering that burden of grief and then have Peter back in her life. But we'll see what choices they make, story-wise. I'm definitely intrigued to see more details from Endgame get addressed and fleshed out.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I wonder if this will be a benefit to MCU Spider-Man or a hindrance...could go either way, considering Pascal .

Astonishing Member

So a lot of people feel that Endgame complicates this movie and Peter Parker's life. But in a way, it kinda solves a big problem for the MCU when it comes to their take on Spider-Man.

ENDGAME SPOILERS

spoilers:
    I mean, now, the 'present' of the MCU for the forseeable future is 2023. The chronology is going to be anywhere near real-time for the next few years at least. So they can easily do a movie or two with Peter Parker still in high-school without having to worry about keeping him 'in sync' with the rest of the MCU.

Now personally, I'd prefer a Peter Parker who actually grows up and changes over time, and the way the MCU has worked so far would have allowed for that. But Marvel does seem to be quiet determined to keep the cinematic Spider-Man in high-school for the forseeable future, and now they've found a way to make that happen.
    end of spoilers

Laura Harrier is listed in the cast but wasn't seen on the trip in the last trailer.

spoilers:
    is it possible Liz didn't get snapped and is 5 years older than Peter now?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Laura Harrier is listed in the cast but wasn't seen on the trip in the last trailer.

spoilers:
    is it possible Liz didn't get snapped and is 5 years older than Peter now?
    end of spoilers
    Liz doesn't go to their school anymore, so makes sense why she wouldn't be on the trip.

spoilers:
    Supposedly Michael Keaton is back in this film, in what I presume will be a cameo or small role, so maybe she shows up in that scene. It's possible she couldn't have been snapped, though I would assume they would have to make a bigger deal of her being older than Peter, and I don't know what they could do through the same actress.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Liz doesn't go to their school anymore, so makes sense why she wouldn't be on the trip.

spoilers:
    Supposedly Michael Keaton is back in this film, in what I presume will be a cameo or small role, so maybe she shows up in that scene. It's possible she couldn't have been snapped, though I would assume they would have to make a bigger deal of her being older than Peter, and I don't know what they could do through the same actress.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Since the actress herself is 29 they can make her survive the snap and come back to New York to be a teacher at Peter school although that would be awkward as hell for her considering her former classmates come back from the snap. I believe they will use the snap to lessen Vulture time in prison or something and he might be free the end of the film.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    She's still in charge of the Spidey films.

The Snap is increasingly turning out to be a matter of convenience. Making me like Endgame even lesser now.

The Snap is increasingly turning out to be a matter of convenience. Making me like Endgame even lesser now.
    explain my good sir the effects still happen as they didn't remove 5 year timeskip.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Who survived the snap & who didn’t was always a matter of convenience for the story. It’s absolutely no different than all the people who were necessary to undo the snap are the ones who survived it.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 05-05-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Who survived the snap & who didn’t was always a matter of convenience for the story. It’s absolutely no different than all the people who were necessary to undo the snap are the ones who survived it.
    That’s because it was to only possible future Strange witnessed where the heroes won in the end. Not a convenience. It was the only way it could be.

BANNED

Honestly, if it weren't for that third act the movie would have been a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    That doesn't really make it a good thing. Especially if it turns out that spoilers:
    all of Peter's "essential" friends were dusted to have them stay with him in high school.
    end of spoilers

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    That’s because it was to only possible future Strange witnessed where the heroes won in the end. Not a convenience. It was the only way it could be.
    It’s incredibly convenient that every single person necessary to undo the snap survived it. If that’s not the case, there is no movie to tell. I don’t care that it’s convenient because it doesn’t impact my ability to enjoy the movie in the slightest.
    That doesn't really make it a good thing. Especially if it turns out that spoilers:
    all of Peter's "essential" friends were dusted to have them stay with him in high school.
    end of spoilers
    So what would you of preferred? Them put every single character introduced so far and determine who lives or die by throwing darts at a wall?

You “kill” the characters you don’t need and leave the ones you do. That’s just how it works.