Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

I wonder how they are going to market the movie considering its after Infinity War part 2 and showing his fate in this movie would pretty much spoil Infinity War part 2

https://www.cbr.com/jake-gyllenhaal-...-homecoming-2/
    So Mysterio could arrive not sure if I would want Gyllenhaal to play him though feel like he could play a bigger villain

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/jake-gyllenhaal-...-homecoming-2/
    So Mysterio could arrive not sure if I would want Gyllenhaal to play him though feel like he could play a bigger villain
    I would've never pegged Gyllenhaal as Mysterio, but it's pretty awesome to see them finally adapting him to the movies .

As far as his costume...fishbowl or bust .

Hopefully they will give him the dome

Scrap the movie if there's no fishbowl head.

Gyllenhaal is a fantastic actor, I didn't really think of him as a good fit for Mysterio, but after seeing what they did with Keaton as Vulture, I am all for this! And yes, ya need the fishbowl! If you at least get that, they'll probably be free to take more liberties with the character in other ways.

No fishbowl = no buy
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Fishbowl absolutely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Gyllenhaal is a fantastic actor, I didn't really think of him as a good fit for Mysterio, but after seeing what they did with Keaton as Vulture, I am all for this! And yes, ya need the fishbowl! If you at least get that, they'll probably be free to take more liberties with the character in other ways.
    Even super-teched out Vulture still had some of the trappings of his classic look, like the green, the way he used his wings, and the collar.

So I imagine the same will be true for Mysterio.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get something like his design from the Spider-Man 2 game or Shattered Dimensions.

I am kind of curious how they'll characterize him, given Mysterio is generally a pretty hammy and theatrical villain.

Edit: Michael Keaton will reportedly be reprising his role as Vulture.

Yes! Mysterio is legitimately one of my favourite Spider-Man villains, and I am so glad that he might finally to be on the big screen.

I want the fishbowl, but I wouldn't mind if they used the design from Slott's run that downplays it slightly.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

It's funny. Keaton was Tim Burton's Batman and Gyllenhaal was rumoured to be considered as Affleck's Bat replacement in the current DCEU (and his sister played the love interest in The Dark Knight).

Gyllenhaal was also briefly considered to replace Tobey Maguire in Spider-Man 2 when the latter hurt his back filming Seabiscuit.

They're also apparently looking for a 20-something actress to play a new female lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's funny. Keaton was Tim Burton's Batman and Gyllenhaal was rumoured to be considered as Affleck's Bat replacement in the current DCEU (and his sister played the love interest in The Dark Knight).

Gyllenhaal was also briefly considered to replace Tobey Maguire in Spider-Man 2 when the latter hurt his back filming Seabiscuit.
    Seems like he's been circling around Superhero movies for a while now .

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I know everyone is saying "give him the fishbowl" but man I think that will look so cheesy in live action that I don't think they will do it. I could see them going with something close to this, but not the full on fishbowl.

I ma just psyched we are getting characters like Vulture and Mysterio in the new movies and they are not just falling back on Green Goblin or Doc Ock. It gives me hope that we will see Kraven show up sooner or latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I know everyone is saying "give him the fishbowl" but man I think that will look so cheesy in live action that I don't think they will do it. I could see them going with something close to this, but not the full on fishbowl.

I ma just psyched we are getting characters like Vulture and Mysterio in the new movies and they are not just falling back on Green Goblin or Doc Ock. It gives me hope that we will see Kraven show up sooner or latter.
    Yes! Agreed. I LOVE the first film and very much look forward to the sequel.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

There were audition videos of actresses trying out for a Gwen who was described as a "French exchange student". But those girls seemed to be in their mid-late teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I know everyone is saying "give him the fishbowl" but man I think that will look so cheesy in live action...
    That's the point? People would love it when Spidey refers to him as "Fishbowl Head" anyway.