Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I know everyone is saying "give him the fishbowl" but man I think that will look so cheesy in live action that I don't think they will do it. I could see them going with something close to this, but not the full on fishbowl.

I ma just psyched we are getting characters like Vulture and Mysterio in the new movies and they are not just falling back on Green Goblin or Doc Ock. It gives me hope that we will see Kraven show up sooner or latter.
    Cheesy as it may be, I don't see the point of adapting Mysterio without incorporating his iconic look in some form, and as in the image you used I would imagine it would be adapted similarly to his design in Shattered Dimensions.

If they're still steering clear of Doc Ock and Osborn, then the only A-List classic villains still left to be adapted are Chameleon and Kraven, unless we start diving into the mobsters (Hammerhead).
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    There were audition videos of actresses trying out for a Gwen who was described as a "French exchange student". But those girls seemed to be in their mid-late teens.
    I thought it might be Gwen.

Makes me wonder besides Doc ock and green Goblin who is considered spiderman top villains?

Nice.

Mysterio is a good choice for a villain. I hope they keep a version of the fish bowl helmet.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Makes me wonder besides Doc ock and green Goblin who is considered spiderman top villains?
    I think top tier is obviously Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Venom.

Past that are the Lee/Ditko villains who almost always turn up consistently, Electro, Vulture, Mysterio, Kraven, Chameleon, Scorpion, and a few Lee/Romita villains like Rhino and Shocker.

Carnage is probably in-between that group.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Past that are the Lee/Ditko villains who almost always turn up consistently, Electro, Vulture, Mysterio, Kraven, Chameleon, Scorpion, and a few Lee/Romita villains like Rhino and Shocker.

Interesting that Venom is one of the few latter day creations to stick as one of the top villains in the gallery.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Venom is kind of like Spider-Man's own Harley Quinn. Started off as a later addition to the Rogue's Gallery, achieved instant popularity, and to an extent where they became their own spin-off characters.

Interesting that Venom had originally been intended to be a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Don't forget my man Roderick. Thanks to the 90's show, Hobgoblin was the first Spider-Man related goblin I was exposed to as a child. The irony.

Venom is kind of like Spider-Man's own Harley Quinn. Started off as a later addition to the Rogue's Gallery, achieved instant popularity, and to an extent where they became their own spin-off characters.

That could've been an interesting way to go, but it might've taken away from the idea of Venom being a dark shadow foil to Peter Parker?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Interesting that Venom is one of the few latter day creations to stick as one of the top villains in the gallery.
    Venom and Carnage are probably the last additions to Spider-Man rogues gallery that had stuck overtime, the only other that i can think about is Mr Negative.

Venom was the first official member of the "Spider-Family"

Don't forget my man Roderick. Thanks to the 90's show, Hobgoblin was the first Spider-Man related goblin I was exposed to as a child. The irony.
    I thought to mention Hobby, but I wasn't sure how "classic" he counted, but he's probably up there with Carnage as in-between.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Venom was the first official member of the "Spider-Family"
    That makes so much sense .

Long time reader of Spider-Man, first time poster on the Spidey forums.

Anyone thought of a smoky fish bowl for Mysterio. The smoke inside the bowl can be manipulated to form a face for the movies, sort of like a 3D image projection thing. Trying to keep the bowl in play here.

Ultimate Member

The thing about Jake Gyllenhaal is that's he a really expressive actor, it's one of his greatest strengths. And given that both Willem Dafoe and Michael Keaton were both creepier/more intimidating when they WEREN'T wearing the masks, the Mysterio helmet would have to be really good in order to make covering up his face worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    Long time reader of Spider-Man, first time poster on the Spidey forums.

Anyone thought of a smoky fish bowl for Mysterio. The smoke inside the bowl can be manipulated to form a face for the movies, sort of like a 3D image projection thing. Trying to keep the bowl in play here.
    I remember in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon that Mysterio had a bit of a face in the fish bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The thing about Jake Gyllenhaal is that's he a really expressive actor, it's one of his greatest strengths. And given that both Willem Dafoe and Michael Keaton were both creepier/more intimidating when they WEREN'T wearing the masks, the Mysterio helmet would have to be really good in order to make covering up his face worth it.
    Mysterio is also a naturally hammy villain so if Gyllenhall can capture that, it might work around the lack of a face.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post

A-list: Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom, Kingpin, Lizard and Hobgoblin
    B-list: Electro, Sandman, Vulture, Mysterio, Kraven, Scorpion and Jackal
    C-list: Rhino, Shocker, Hammerhead, Hydro-Man, Chameleon, Tombstone, Hammerhead and Carnage
    D-list: Everyone else