Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 94
  1. #61
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Co-signed.
    >fist bump!<

    Y'know, all this "generations" crap everyone is talking about.....if I get a (good) Golden Age Superman title out of the deal, I'm not gonna be able to complain. A monthly infusion of Golden Age/Morrison/Smashes the Klan style action? Oh my god, just take my money DC!
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  2. #62
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    >fist bump!<

    Y'know, all this "generations" crap everyone is talking about.....if I get a (good) Golden Age Superman title out of the deal, I'm not gonna be able to complain. A monthly infusion of Golden Age/Morrison/Smashes the Klan style action? Oh my god, just take my money DC!
    I’m super happy for Yang after he got stuck writing that awful Truth arc that he clearly wasn’t the architect of.

  3. #63
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,922

    Default

    If Smashes the Klan is as good as it looks, I say just give him the Golden Age generation book (if such a thing even happens, who knows what foolishness DC is planning) and leave him alone. Don't screw with him, just let him write what he wants.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  4. #64
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    That's my hope with generations thing as well.there is clearly an audience for that guy and every other transformations clark went through .

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If Smashes the Klan is as good as it looks, I say just give him the Golden Age generation book (if such a thing even happens, who knows what foolishness DC is planning) and leave him alone. Don't screw with him, just let him write what he wants.
    Or give him a Black Label Superman book. We could use more, and preferably of better quality. Yang loves doing those deep lore dives, he did it in New Super-Man and I would love to see him dig into Superman’s history without having to deal with the continuity mess Supes has to deal with these days.

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    3,946

    Default

    Looked through this at the LCS and kind of wished I'd picked it up now. Especially after reading Superman: Year One. This just looks fun and exciting and an all around good Superman book! I plan on picking this up next time I'm in there just because. It looks great!
    Now listen to me, Clark! This great strength of yours--you've got to hide it from people or they'll be scared of you!

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Damn that was good. Lots of little nods to Superman history that I appreciated. And holy crap when was the last time Inspector Henderson showed up? Happy he’s a part of this story. Can’t wait for part 2!

  8. #68
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,568

    Default

    This is next up for me!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  9. #69
    Astonishing Member Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Woah, woah, woah. I thought Supes wasn't suppose to interfere in human affairs or something akin to that. He's suppose to just let people run buck wild and only step in when theres like a big meteor or some other super powered guy in tights for him to box with.
    I'm way late with this but have you read the Golden Age Superman of the late '30s and the forties? He was all over the social and political issues of the day. Doing something like this fits right in.
    His name is CAPTAIN MARVEL.

  10. #70
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I'm way late with this but have you read the Golden Age Superman of the late '30s and the forties? He was all over the social and political issues of the day. Doing something like this fits right in.
    He is being sarcastic.

  11. #71
    Mighty Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    So, part way thought and I'm enjoying it for the most part. Liked the opening. The kryptonite angle is interesting.

    Was disappointed to yet again see Pa Kent more encouraging and Ma Kent more "worrying mom" and really saddened to see Pete run off after the comic book incident- really feel like we lose out on the awesomeness of silver age Pete too often. When the last time he was depicted as just that good a person/friend?

    Maybe we'll get a nice contrast later. Off to read the rest of the story.

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    So, part way thought and I'm enjoying it for the most part. Liked the opening. The kryptonite angle is interesting.

    Was disappointed to yet again see Pa Kent more encouraging and Ma Kent more "worrying mom" and really saddened to see Pete run off after the comic book incident- really feel like we lose out on the awesomeness of silver age Pete too often. When the last time he was depicted as just that good a person/friend?

    Maybe we'll get a nice contrast later. Off to read the rest of the story.
    Running of is a natural reaction. I have a feeling we haven't see the full part of that sequence.

  13. #73
    Mighty Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Running of is a natural reaction. I have a feeling we haven't see the full part of that sequence.
    I hope there's more (that's not bad). But it apparently proved to Clark he didn't belong. Big theme with this story, of course. And it goes in several directions. I mean, so far it seems like even Clark has his own cultural prejudices about aliens, too - green with antennae.

    I did find the seemingly-floating element was interesting in that scene, though, since Superman doesn't fly yet as an adult.

  14. #74
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I hope there's more (that's not bad). But it apparently proved to Clark he didn't belong. Big theme with this story, of course. And it goes in several directions. I mean, so far it seems like even Clark has his own cultural prejudices about aliens, too - green with antennae.

    I did find the seemingly-floating element was interesting in that scene, though, since Superman doesn't fly yet as an adult.
    That's exactly why i feel it is not finished. It's for kids. It will be hopeful and may give something for them to chew on.

  15. #75
    Mighty Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That's exactly why i feel it is not finished. It's for kids. It will be hopeful and may give something for them to chew on.
    I do expect some reconciliations and of course some will re-examine their own views. I did enjoy the issue on the whole. I do like kid!Jimmy (I did listen to the radio show where we got to follow him growing up and did enjoy that version of the character). I just have a soft-spot for Pete and have been annoyed at his awesomeness-downgrades over time, even though he's rarely been used.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •