Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Superman Smashes the Klan

Superman Smashes the Klan by Gene Luen Yang & Gurihiru is a 3 (80 page) issue miniserie. Launches October 16 with a collected edition coming 2020.

Solicitation :

“The year is 1946, and the Lee family has moved from Metropolis’s Chinatown to the center of the bustling city. While Dr. Lee is greeted warmly in his new position at the Metropolis Health Department, his two kids, Roberta and Tommy, are more excited about being closer to their famous hero, Superman!

“While Tommy adjusts to the fast pace of the city, Roberta feels out of place, as she tries and fails to fit in with the neighborhood kids. As the Lees try to adjust to their new lives, an evil is stirring in Metropolis: the Ku Klux Klan. When the Lee family awakens one night to find a burning cross on their lawn, they consider leaving town. But the Daily Planet offers a reward for information on the KKK, and their top two reporters, Lois Lane and Clark Kent, dig into the story.

“When Tommy is kidnapped by the KKK, Superman leaps into action — with help from Roberta! But Superman is still new to his powers — he hasn’t even worked out how to fly yet, so he has to run across town. Will Superman and Roberta reach Tommy in time?

“Inspired by the 1940s Superman radio serial ‘Clan of the Fiery Cross,’ Gene Luen Yang (American Born Chinese, Boxers and Saints, The Terrifics, New Super-Man) brings us his personal retelling of the adventures of the Lee family as they team up with Superman to smash the Klan.”
    Interview with Gene Luen Yang
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...s-klan-1223354

Preview

Last edited by JimmySpectre; 07-10-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Spectacular Member

Spectacular Member

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I like the Golden Age vibes I'm getting from this. Reminds me of this episode of the Fleischer cartoon.

Woah! That art! That suit! That time period! So Fleischer inspired, I'm in.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Mmm. The good S. And some Yang written Superman unrestricted by Truth or Berganza bullshit.

I will be buying this.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I was all in when this was announced and time has only sweetened the deal. Can't wait. Love the Fleischer throwback costume.

The black background looks pretty dope on the shield.

Can’t wait! Looks great!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Superman punching out a nazi in a jet pack never gets old. Yes, please.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think the JLC saga woke them up to how good he really is and getting to run it back on his own terms is only right.

And sorry potential Zoomers, but three 80 page chapters is the best for such a project.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

This looks so awesome and fun. The art is absolutely gorgeous .

Is rocket nazi dude supposed to be Metallo? He's got a Kryptonite chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I think the JLC saga woke them up to how good he really is and getting to run it back on his own terms is only right.

And sorry potential Zoomers, but three 80 page chapters is the best for such a project.
    I’ve always believed that the problems with Yang’s New 52 Superman run lay with editorial, not him. I’m glad someone at DC shares my opinion, I’m happy that he’s still continuing to work with them.

Looks like a perfect title to have a crossover with the Rocketeer!!

Loving the artwork. A definite BUY from me!!

Astonishing Member

Woah, woah, woah. I thought Supes wasn't suppose to interfere in human affairs or something akin to that. He's suppose to just let people run buck wild and only step in when theres like a big meteor or some other super powered guy in tights for him to box with.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory