Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Well, the story smashes the klan doesn't shy away from it. Does it? It shows the klan members nephew turning a new leaf. didn't it? There is redemption for those that seek it. Some just become idealogues or extremists with out a mind of their own. Even talking to them would be like talking to brick wall. They are so convinced with the idea so much so that they would die for it. And it also depends on the approach. If you use the "hey! Kids" nonsense, that permeated superman.With superman talking to people like he is above it all. Yeah! That's just bad. Thankfully, superman talks to everyone, even the kids with out it and as one of the.So, there is that.
    I’ve found it’s easier to motivate kids to change their ways than adults. With many adults, it can be too late to change them, but kids are relatively more impressionable, and that the foolishly stubborn adults who refuse to change their ways for the better can at the least be used as examples to teach kids on how not to live their lives. Considering the Hitler Youth, toddlers being dressed up in KKK outfits, and the like, it’s times like that when I say “it all starts with the children” and that even if it’s too late for the current generation, there’s always the next generation of children who, if anything, should be encouraged to leave the world a better place than how they found it, not worse.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 04-20-2020 at 12:00 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I’ve found it’s easier to motivate kids to change their ways than adults. With many adults, it can be too late to change them, but kids are relatively more impressionable, and that the foolishly stubborn adults who refuse to change their ways for the better can at the least be used as examples to teach kids on how not to live their lives. Considering Hitler Youth, toddlers being dressed up in KKK outfits, and the like, it’s times like that when I say “it all starts with the children” and that even if it’s too late for the current generation, there’s always the next generation of children who, if anything, should be encouraged to leave the world a better place than how they found it, not worse.
    As a guy who is stubborn and bullheaded, i know what you mean. I think it's crucial that kids keep their flexibility, even into adulthood. The ability to change your mind with proper evidence can be a great gift. But, ultimately we can't force them to grow this way or that way and make them dependent on you as moral figure. If they choose to, they will learn more from what your actions are and the impact of that on the world. Kids can become the lights of their own backyard, not take it from the sun.but, Its ultimately their choice.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Wow there are people in the comment of that Youtube video who really hate the art style for some reason.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Wow there are people in the comment of that Youtube video who really hate the art style for some reason.
    They have no taste, Gurihuru is great! Much better than the Jim Lee clone house style DC usually has.

That art style works perfectly for the younger audiences. Many, if not most, of the YA or younger graphic novels use cleaner and cartoony art styles like SSTK. It's not my favorite, personally, but I definitely thought it worked very very well here. Beyond something akin to New Frontier, like a Doc Shaner, I don't think a more modern realistic style would have worked at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Well on the subject of what you said, seems like this black parole officer thought differently then:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-remove...social_fb_abcn
    That's a great story. Always nice to see someone amend their ways.

But punching racists is still a completely viable and acceptable choice.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

so will the mini series be adapted into an animated special?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That's a great story. Always nice to see someone amend their ways.

But punching racists is still a completely viable and acceptable choice.

Luffy agrees.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

Luffy agrees.
    Indeed. Also a shout out to the lesson the fishman kids learned at Fishman Island!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so will the mini series be adapted into an animated special?
    Seems like a foregone conclusion at this point, but it will probably take a few years for it to get made.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Direct market sales don’t really matter for these kinds of books since they’re aimed at kids. I hope it sells well too, I really want Yang to get a Black Label Superman book. If SSTK sells well in trades maybe that’s possible.

I think shops should already be getting copies, Brad Anderson posted a pic of his comps.
    https://twitter.com/bdanderson13/sta...283110912?s=21
    thanks, so I can order it now I suppose. If my comicbook shop is not closed..

Edit: I can order it thru Amazon too:

https://www.amazon.com/Superman-Up-S.../dp/1401294561

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Seems like a foregone conclusion at this point, but it will probably take a few years for it to get made.
    Is there any specific reason you think that, or just really hoping that it'll happen? (No judgement if it's nothing but hope, just want to know if I missed any hints or rumors or anything.)

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Is there any specific reason you think that, or just really hoping that it'll happen? (No judgement if it's nothing but hope, just want to know if I missed any hints or rumors or anything.)
    No specific reasons, but whenever a Superman story comes around that is so instantly beloved and embraced by the fans, DC Animation tends to take notice and adapt it. Not only does the art style lend itself to animation, but the story is a perfect one and done that could easily be condensed into 90 minutes.

Pretty much every big Superman story since the mid-90s has been adapted, so I think Superman Smashes The Klan is a shoe-in.

BANNED

The hard cover is out fo stock at everywhere :/

That's good. Means people are ordering it.

Well, I'd assume that's what it means. At this point who the hell knows if shops are getting what they normally would/should.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.