Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

I just started reading this with my daughter at bed time (been waiting forever to do this) and she's loving it. I mean like, really loving it. "Jump up and down and beg me to read more pages every night" loving it.

We just finished Morrison's Klaus, which blew her little mind, and I was afraid Smash wouldn't be able to hold up compared to action hero Santa, but she's psyched about Smash and I'm sure proud. My girl has good taste.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I just started reading this with my daughter at bed time (been waiting forever to do this) and she's loving it. I mean like, really loving it. "Jump up and down and beg me to read more pages every night" loving it.

We just finished Morrison's Klaus, which blew her little mind, and I was afraid Smash wouldn't be able to hold up compared to action hero Santa, but she's psyched about Smash and I'm sure proud. My girl has good taste.
    The Klaus miniseries or all the Klaus one shots too?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Just read this again with another student. She loved it.

We're doing Superman of Smallville next.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    I checked the article said this "We will begin monthly charts with July rankings.", which gives the impression they were calculating sales for July, which means the book was in the top 10 for at least two months, which is pretty good.
    I'm wondering if I was right about the chart being shown being for July or did I misunderstand?
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The Klaus miniseries or all the Klaus one shots too?
    Oh we read the original mini and all the one-shots too.....except last year's Joe Christmas, because my LCS couldn't get it for some reason. I'm still trying to get my hands on that one.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I gotta get Superman Smashes the Klan for my kid siblings, still.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Book won the Harvey Award for best Children/YA Book! https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...nners-revealed
    Congrats to Yang (who also won best book overall with Dragon Hoops) and Gurihiru!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Book won the Harvey Award for best Children/YA Book! https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...nners-revealed
    Congrats to Yang (who also won best book overall with Dragon Hoops) and Gurihiru!
    Deserved. Now get Yang on one of the monthly books!

I am so happy I wanna go find a bigot and punch them in the face!

Entirely deserved. And then some. Congrats to Yang and the entire creative team. Smash is exactly the kind of comic I want in the world and I'm glad it's getting the recognition it deserves.

~ Black Panther.

Great news. I hope being award winning increases the odds of it getting a movie adaptation.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I would love to see a sequel to this! Or even make it a regular kids based series! Doubt the second one will happen but some sequels would be great!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I would love to see a sequel to this! Or even make it a regular kids based series! Doubt the second one will happen but some sequels would be great!
    It depends on if Yang has any ideas for a sequel. If he's got nothing else planned I wouldn't force him. Rather just have one classic standalone than try to force pointless sequels.

But if he's got another in him and wants to do, for the love of Superman let him!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Great news. I hope being award winning increases the odds of it getting a movie adaptation.
    Knowing the track record of Superman adaptions, it'll probably be retooled for the final season of Supergirl.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I can see Yang coming back with a spiritual sequel to Superman Smashes the Klan set in an entirely different era, but featuring a grown up Lee Lan-Shin. Maybe during the 1970s.

Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I can see Yang coming back with a spiritual sequel to Superman Smashes the Klan set in an entirely different era, but featuring a grown up Lee Lan-Shin. Maybe during the 1970s.

Please?
    If I had to pick a timeframe and still use the same cast, the 1960s and the Civil Rights Movement is probably the best place to do that.