Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    If I had to pick a timeframe and still use the same cast, the 1960s and the Civil Rights Movement is probably the best place to do that.
    Agreed, but I want to see Clark in the bellbottoms again dammit

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I can see Yang coming back with a spiritual sequel to Superman Smashes the Klan set in an entirely different era, but featuring a grown up Lee Lan-Shin. Maybe during the 1970s.

Please?
    I would be so down for a sequel .
    If I had to pick a timeframe and still use the same cast, the 1960s and the Civil Rights Movement is probably the best place to do that.
    It would be kind of interesting that the original was like a transition from the Golden Age to the Silver Age, so another book would be the transition from the Silver Age to the Bronze Age.

(Would Yang make fun of Lois's blackface moment? I wouldn't put it past him).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Book won the Harvey Award for best Children/YA Book! https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...nners-revealed
    Congrats to Yang (who also won best book overall with Dragon Hoops) and Gurihiru!
    Great. Superman getting some recognition and for a story that truly deserves it.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It depends on if Yang has any ideas for a sequel. If he's got nothing else planned I wouldn't force him. Rather just have one classic standalone than try to force pointless sequels.

But if he's got another in him and wants to do, for the love of Superman let him!
    This.

I feel no need for a sequel at all. Some things are better on their own and I fear forcing a sequel would just cheapen the whole thing. But if Yang has another story in him like this and it's something he's as passionate about as he was Smash? Then yes, absolutely let him do it.

Don't do it simply for the sake of doing it, don't ruin Smash by trying to capitalize on its success....but don't stop Yang from doing more, if he's got it in him either.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Agreed, but I want to see Clark in the bellbottoms again dammit
    I'd be down for a DC Disco Special.

Discowing, BABY!

I'd be down for a DC Disco Special.

Discowing, BABY!
    Dammit, you got me with Discowing.

Worst costume ever but damned if I'm not a sucker for anything and everything Nightwing related.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Dammit, you got me with Discowing.

Worst costume ever but damned if I'm not a sucker for anything and everything Nightwing related.
    Oh, that it's so terrible and he wore it unashamedly is what sells it for me. Anyway, I love those big themed 80 page specials DC does and I wish they'd expand them beyond just holiday or seasonal stuff. They're usually fun and good ways for new talent to showcase themselves.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Youtuber LioConvoy's Reviews uploads a positive review on the Superman Smashes The Klan comic, giving his thoughts on it.

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

He then followed it up with a livestream being joined by Michael French from the Youtube channel RetroBlasting, where they both watch two videos from that ComicGates Youtuber TheFourthAge where he criticizes Superman Smashes The Klan and they both commented and completely destroy his arguments.

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

I've said before that it is not only acceptable to punch a nazi whenever you find one, but a civic duty you should perform with pride.

I think I might want to extend that to anyone who talks smack about Smash. Because if you don't love this comic then you're a crime against humanity.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-02-2020 at 03:28 PM.

~ Black Panther.

Recently read this story and loved it. Hope Yang writes more Superman, I love his take on him

What's cool is that the radio show had not 1, not 2 but 5 Superman vs Bigotry stories. Seems Superman going up against bigots was a popular formula on the radio show

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...x-2Z94e1ZU3S7B

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Recently read this story and loved it. Hope Yang writes more Superman, I love his take on him
    He's writing a Batman Superman Future State mini. That should be fun.

He's writing a Batman Superman Future State mini. That should be fun.
    As always with Yang, he never gets to just write SUPERMAN. He always is being given an in-continuity Superman project when it's part of some BIG SHAKEUP event (Truth, Future State). Just give the guy a chance, DC. Jeez.

As always with Yang, he never gets to just write SUPERMAN. He always is being given an in-continuity Superman project when it's part of some BIG SHAKEUP event (Truth, Future State). Just give the guy a chance, DC. Jeez.
    I feel this but I’m also excited to see how Yang writes Pyg and Supes interacting. That will be... interesting. Also it is fascinating to me that Pyg of all the Morrison villains has seen such popularity and usage.