Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Co-signed.
    >fist bump!<

Y'know, all this "generations" crap everyone is talking about.....if I get a (good) Golden Age Superman title out of the deal, I'm not gonna be able to complain. A monthly infusion of Golden Age/Morrison/Smashes the Klan style action? Oh my god, just take my money DC!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    >fist bump!<

Y'know, all this "generations" crap everyone is talking about.....if I get a (good) Golden Age Superman title out of the deal, I'm not gonna be able to complain. A monthly infusion of Golden Age/Morrison/Smashes the Klan style action? Oh my god, just take my money DC!
    I’m super happy for Yang after he got stuck writing that awful Truth arc that he clearly wasn’t the architect of.

If Smashes the Klan is as good as it looks, I say just give him the Golden Age generation book (if such a thing even happens, who knows what foolishness DC is planning) and leave him alone. Don't screw with him, just let him write what he wants.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

That's my hope with generations thing as well.there is clearly an audience for that guy and every other transformations clark went through .

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If Smashes the Klan is as good as it looks, I say just give him the Golden Age generation book (if such a thing even happens, who knows what foolishness DC is planning) and leave him alone. Don't screw with him, just let him write what he wants.
    Or give him a Black Label Superman book. We could use more, and preferably of better quality. Yang loves doing those deep lore dives, he did it in New Super-Man and I would love to see him dig into Superman’s history without having to deal with the continuity mess Supes has to deal with these days.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Looked through this at the LCS and kind of wished I'd picked it up now. Especially after reading Superman: Year One. This just looks fun and exciting and an all around good Superman book! I plan on picking this up next time I'm in there just because. It looks great!
    Assassinate Putin!

Damn that was good. Lots of little nods to Superman history that I appreciated. And holy crap when was the last time Inspector Henderson showed up? Happy he’s a part of this story. Can’t wait for part 2!

This is next up for me!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Woah, woah, woah. I thought Supes wasn't suppose to interfere in human affairs or something akin to that. He's suppose to just let people run buck wild and only step in when theres like a big meteor or some other super powered guy in tights for him to box with.
    I'm way late with this but have you read the Golden Age Superman of the late '30s and the forties? He was all over the social and political issues of the day. Doing something like this fits right in.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I'm way late with this but have you read the Golden Age Superman of the late '30s and the forties? He was all over the social and political issues of the day. Doing something like this fits right in.
    He is being sarcastic.

So, part way thought and I'm enjoying it for the most part. Liked the opening. The kryptonite angle is interesting.

Was disappointed to yet again see Pa Kent more encouraging and Ma Kent more "worrying mom" and really saddened to see Pete run off after the comic book incident- really feel like we lose out on the awesomeness of silver age Pete too often. When the last time he was depicted as just that good a person/friend?

Maybe we'll get a nice contrast later. Off to read the rest of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    So, part way thought and I'm enjoying it for the most part. Liked the opening. The kryptonite angle is interesting.

Was disappointed to yet again see Pa Kent more encouraging and Ma Kent more "worrying mom" and really saddened to see Pete run off after the comic book incident- really feel like we lose out on the awesomeness of silver age Pete too often. When the last time he was depicted as just that good a person/friend?

Maybe we'll get a nice contrast later. Off to read the rest of the story.
    Running of is a natural reaction. I have a feeling we haven't see the full part of that sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Running of is a natural reaction. I have a feeling we haven't see the full part of that sequence.
    I hope there's more (that's not bad). But it apparently proved to Clark he didn't belong. Big theme with this story, of course. And it goes in several directions. I mean, so far it seems like even Clark has his own cultural prejudices about aliens, too - green with antennae.

I did find the seemingly-floating element was interesting in that scene, though, since Superman doesn't fly yet as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I hope there's more (that's not bad). But it apparently proved to Clark he didn't belong. Big theme with this story, of course. And it goes in several directions. I mean, so far it seems like even Clark has his own cultural prejudices about aliens, too - green with antennae.

I did find the seemingly-floating element was interesting in that scene, though, since Superman doesn't fly yet as an adult.
    That's exactly why i feel it is not finished. It's for kids. It will be hopeful and may give something for them to chew on.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That's exactly why i feel it is not finished. It's for kids. It will be hopeful and may give something for them to chew on.
    I do expect some reconciliations and of course some will re-examine their own views. I did enjoy the issue on the whole. I do like kid!Jimmy (I did listen to the radio show where we got to follow him growing up and did enjoy that version of the character). I just have a soft-spot for Pete and have been annoyed at his awesomeness-downgrades over time, even though he's rarely been used.