Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    If I remember correctly, there was a lot of resentment from the X-Men fan base towards the original comic. Many original X-Force readers were upset that the X-Force/X-Statix characters had stolen the team name from the original team. It probably didn't help that the original X-Force ended on a cliffhanger that suggested that many of the original X-Force members were dead. It's been a long time since I read any online fan response to the series though, and I didn't pay much attention to the views of online fandom when I was younger. So I could be wrong about this.
    That's about right. The New Mutants/X-Force cast was out of publication for the first time since 1983. The Ellis/Edginton run that had just ended was bizarre and felt unfinished. And, yes, it stopped on a cliffhanger. Fans of those characters were left hanging, and NuMarvel editorial didn't give a **** in the slightest.

None of which really had anything to do with what Milligan and Allred were doing. Marvel should've relaunched the title with a new #1 and made clear from the outset it had nothing to do with prior incarnations of the book. My suspicion is that Marvel thought they could inherit some audience by keeping the X-Force title and numbering as unobservant readers wouldn't immediately notice the change and so they'd keep the book on their LCS pull list.

I was worried this would be disappointing but I loved it. Allred really can't disappoint me, every panel is a joy. I wish the "Katie not being to accept her past" didn't go on the whole issue but thats a mild complaint for a very enjoyable issue. Im definitely looking forward to the series. Mirror girl and her blunt honesty is my new favourite character.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    I was worried this would be disappointing but I loved it. Allred really can't disappoint me, every panel is a joy. I wish the "Katie not being to accept her past" didn't go on the whole issue but thats a mild complaint for a very enjoyable issue. Im definitely looking forward to the series. Mirror girl and her blunt honesty is my new favourite character.
    I agree about Mirror Girl, she has a good design, a funny personality and some great lines in this one-shot, especially when she said that her mirror lies occasionally lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 07-17-2019 at 05:44 AM.