BANNED

Default How does MCU Spidey stack up against his other movie counterparts now?

Since it was agreed quite a while ago that he was below his Amazing and Raimi counterpats. A couple of movies and som new feats later, is he any closer to bridging tha gap between him and them.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Well, by the end of the film, he has full on peter tingle working, plus likely bullet-time reflexes, and still the strength to do what he does (his feats there are somewhat under Tobey, but worlds beyond Garfield).

He probably still loses to Tobey (goblin bomb tank, train stop, flash-time fly scene in high school), but destroys Garfield.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Wasn't a part of the previous debates.

spoilers:
    But surely getting smacked by a train unprepared, and being 'somewhat' fine has got to up his durability stats a little.
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Keeping the tower up which was presumably hundreds if not thousands of tons of stone blocks was a pretty good feat

and yeah those drones were spitting full auto fire and looked to have a really high fire rate, he's almost certainly a bullet timer at the very least

I think he is stronger man the tower feat was pretty insane, the train part really puts him at tobey level. durabillity wise.
    His webbing is also easily the strongest version, it has not broken yet. cut sure, but broken? nope.

Not to mention all the gadgets his suit has, if we sport him the iron spider suit it is even easier.

Only downside he is still abit of a goof and inexperienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    I think he is stronger man the tower feat was pretty insane, the train part really puts him at tobey level. durabillity wise.
    His webbing is also easily the strongest version, it has not broken yet. cut sure, but broken? nope.

Not to mention all the gadgets his suit has, if we sport him the iron spider suit it is even easier.
    I kind of wonder if Tony taught him how to refine his webbing. He was obviously impressed with Peter's webs in Civil War, but the way Peter crafted that suit (to the point where it reminded Happy of Tony himself) properly highlights Peter's scientific aptitude.

Only downside he is still abit of a goof and inexperienced.
    I'd be totally ok that downside for a couple more movies, if it helps show his growth process. Comics Spidey was never that big of a goof, but he's also less of a goof now than he was in the 60s and 70s (ever still the joker, though).

I'd argue the train is less impressive than Tobey.

Tobey got smacked with one and went "Pft. Let's keep dancing, Ock" whereas Tom needed a bit to recover.
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post

Tobey got smacked with one and went "Pft. Let's keep dancing, Ock" whereas Tom needed a bit to recover.
    I'm not sure, but wouldn't the train that hit Tom have been taveling a lot faster than the one that hit Tobey?

just to point out even if it wasn't an actual bullet train that hit Tom it was almost certainly a high speed train, a New York Subway train is limited to 55mph, whereas the average speed of most European high speed trains are around 180+mph

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    just to point out even if it wasn't an actual bullet train that hit Tom it was almost certainly a high speed train, a New York Subway train is limited to 55mph, whereas the average speed of most European high speed trains are around 180+mph

I did not know that. Comment retracted.
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post

Wasn't that in the extended version of Spider-Man 2.1? Can we count that?