Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    Oh I'm not I assure you. I'm merely cutting through all the B.S. and dumb theories with Disneys words. New York of 2017 is a hodge podge of different races, ethnicities and religions. Making it all white is unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Oh I'm not I assure you. I'm merely cutting through all the B.S. and dumb theories with Disneys words. New York of 2017 is a hodge podge of different races, ethnicities and religions. Making it all white is unrealistic.
    As I recall, that actually was the real reason for the race-lifting of the cast. Heck, I recall the Disney CEO has been quoted as saying that diversity in media is the key success as the world becomes more interconnected.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Queens in particular is the most ethnically diverse county in the United States.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/04/queens...-large-county/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Let's have a series based on Midtown High. only thing is, how to do it without Peter and friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Let's have a series based on Midtown High. only thing is, how to do it without Peter and friends?
    You just have to create a new character and hope they are worth following. Think like Gotham Academy over at DC.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default A Wakandan Kraven?

Rumor is that Kraven will be the villain for the third MCU Spidey movie and he will be from an exiled Wakandan tribe

I love the idea personally. Sounds inspired to me.

god if he has like wakanda style lion eye/nipple lasers i'm gonna yelp like a dog in the cinema
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

It will take some getting used to.

I like it. Maybe we could see a cameo by Black Panther in there.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

A Wakandan Kraven can maybe tap into the whole exiled aristocrat in the new world who dislikes the changes back home.

In the case of Kraven the Hunter, he was a Russian aristocrat whose family was exiled by the Bolsheviks. Which worked in 1987, just a few years before the cold war ended. It doesn't make sense now since Kraven is more or less the embodiment of Putin's wet dream what with Putin's photo-ops showing him shirtless and hunting lions and whatnot.

So having him be Wakandan would be interesting. Kraven in the comics takes some herbs and so on, and that's similar to what Coogler showed with the Heart Shaped herb and so on. A Wakandan Kraven could also have him team up with Arcade and so on and put a dome over Central Park since KLH is not a story you can do with Tom Holland's Spidey but you can do Hunted in its place.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I heard the comicpop youtube channel talk about that rumor last night and I actually find it really interesting. Now I'm actually hoping a character like that gets created for the comics as well as an antagonist for Miles. :P

Kind of also gives me Stalker vibes from Batman Beyond.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I heard the comicpop youtube channel talk about that rumor last night and I actually find it really interesting. Now I'm actually hoping a character like that gets created for the comics as well as an antagonist for Miles. :P

Kind of also gives me Stalker vibes from Batman Beyond.
    Batman Beyond seems to be a big influence on MCU Spider-Man. Tony basically is Old Bruce right.

I guess you could have Wakandan Kraven dislike T'Challa opening Wakanda to the world and not liking those changes and so on. Maybe he was someone who liked Killmonger's idea and so on.

And maybe T'Challa can be the guy who helps Peter out with the identity exposed thing. I am sure there's some kind of Wakandan device that Shuri can make that can erase people's memories. You can say that they found these pheromones that were once used by this vile guy for mind control powers (obscure shoutout to Netflix Jessica Jones and Killgrave) and then attach that prism to a machine and erase memories. I mean that's how David Michelinie did it, and you can use that to seed in Emperor Doom if and when they bring Victor to the MCU.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Batman Beyond seems to be a big influence on MCU Spider-Man. Tony basically is Old Bruce right.

I guess you could have Wakandan Kraven dislike T'Challa opening Wakanda to the world and not liking those changes and so on. Maybe he was someone who liked Killmonger's idea and so on.

And maybe T'Challa can be the guy who helps Peter out with the identity exposed thing. I am sure there's some kind of Wakandan device that Shuri can make that can erase people's memories. You can say that they found these pheromones that were once used by this vile guy for mind control powers (obscure shoutout to Netflix Jessica Jones and Killgrave) and then attach that prism to a machine and erase memories. I mean that's how David Michelinie did it, and you can use that to seed in Emperor Doom if and when they bring Victor to the MCU.
    My idea for the Wakandan Kraven is that his tribe were the one responsible of guarding Wakanda borders. IIRC all of them stood with Killmonger when T'Challa came back. That would be enough to warrant exile. That tribe would tame animals like rhinos to help them fight. Kraven could benefit from a skill like that.

Am I the only one who wants Kraven to be russian? I know it's cool and all to tie him with Wakanda, but... come on. Especially if Dmitry is russian, as we've all seen in Far From Home (he was in trailers, so it's not a spoiler).
    Stefan Kapičić would be the BEST to play the part, imo.

Astonishing Member

I would hate for Kraven to be Wakandan because it would make the universe too small.