Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I liked Arrowettes relationship with the adults, when she also argued with them and critizised them.
    I loved that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Cassie had been separated from her mother for a long time and had recently joined a cult. Diana was trying to take her home.
    When did that happen? Cassie's mom was pretty awesome originally. I remember reading a preboot TT (I think TT) where she said she had to cook and to learn to look after herself because her mother was often working and didn't do it and being very perturbed because in early WW and YJ appearances I read, her mother was very involved. And threatened to break Bonnie's arm if Bonnie touched Cissie again (after Bonnie slapped her). I remember reading there was falling out had to with Zeus being Cassie's dad, so is this in reference to that? I thought that plot development didn't even make sense when initially revealed (I mean, in the same storyline, they talked about his family sending letters - was weird) and still think her asking for powers works better.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-13-2019 at 05:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think one factor that needs to be taken into account is which generation of sidekicks the sidekick is from.

The early sidekicks i.e. the Teen Titans founders, all more or less started out the same time as the Justice League founders. Dick may have been Bruce's sidekick, but he's been a superhero nearly as long as Clark has. Dick has known Superman right from the relatively early days of Superman's career. So there is a certain familiarity and closeness there, and also a sense of mutual respect. I have no doubt that Superman views Dick as a fellow veteran and as an equal. Dick may be about a decade or so younger, but he's been there almost from the start.

The same goes for Wally. In the days of Morrison's Big 7 lineup, Wally fit in with the likes of Bruce, Clark, Arthur etc. more than, say, Kyle did because he'd been part of that early wave of superheroes that started with Superman.

Contrast that with the later sidekicks - the Young Justice generation for instance. Tim started out at a time when Superman and the Justice League had been a thing for at least a decade, if not more. For someone like Tim, getting to work with Superman is like getting to work with this living legend who's been around forever, and whom you've grown up hearing about. Unlike with Dick, who like Clark, was part of the early wave of 'modern' heroes.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I think one factor that needs to be taken into account is which generation of sidekicks the sidekick is from.

The early sidekicks i.e. the Teen Titans founders, all more or less started out the same time as the Justice League founders. Dick may have been Bruce's sidekick, but he's been a superhero nearly as long as Clark has. Dick has known Superman right from the relatively early days of Superman's career. So there is a certain familiarity and closeness there, and also a sense of mutual respect. I have no doubt that Superman views Dick as a fellow veteran and as an equal. Dick may be about a decade or so younger, but he's been there almost from the start.

The same goes for Wally. In the days of Morrison's Big 7 lineup, Wally fit in with the likes of Bruce, Clark, Arthur etc. more than, say, Kyle did because he'd been part of that early wave of superheroes that started with Superman.

Contrast that with the later sidekicks - the Young Justice generation for instance. Tim started out at a time when Superman and the Justice League had been a thing for at least a decade, if not more. For someone like Tim, getting to work with Superman is like getting to work with this living legend who's been around forever, and whom you've grown up hearing about. Unlike with Dick, who like Clark, was part of the early wave of 'modern' heroes.
    Definitely, and then, Damian's relationship with Superman and the League was very business-like at the start, with Damian being proud and wanted to be considered equal as adults. This was when Damian got a superpower after his resurrection and Batman let him play with the League.

They didn't start becoming a family until Jon came to the picture. Even then, Damian didn't start off on the right foot because he kidnapped Jon after spying on him for a while, considering him to be dangerous much like Batman to Superman in BvS, only in this one it's because Jon accidentally killed his own cat with his powers, which to an animal lover like Damian, is a big sin ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Cassie had been separated from her mother for a long time and had recently joined a cult. Diana was trying to take her home.
    The cult thing didn't happen until One Year Later because of Kon's death. Diana went there because her mother asked her to look for her and Cassie didn't tell her that she was with the Teen Titans (plus believed that it was too soon for her to come back to the job).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spectacular Member

I really liked captain marvel junior interactions with the outsiders, his interactions with superman and ray palmer(from when he was in the teen titans)

Incredible Member

Wasn't there a panel once that had Dick say that when he finished growing up he'd like to be like Jay Garrik?

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Wasn't there a panel once that had Dick say that when he finished growing up he'd like to be like Jay Garrik?
    Who wouldn't want to be Jay Garrick ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cassie dated both Superboy and Robin. Think about that one .
    This is one of those shipping wars where I prescribe polyamory.

Anyway, as it relates to Superman, Tim interacted amiably with Jimmy at Superman's funeral. I always took that as a sign that they had much the same relationship that Dick used to have with Jim in the Silver age.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."