Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

One of the best friendships of the Silver/Bronze Age was Barbara Gordon and Linda Danvers/Kara Zor-El. I loved their friendship.

I really like Dick's relationship with Uncle Clark. The 3 of them [Bruce, Clark and Dick] were DC's original Trinity.

It was only one comic but I enjoyed Shazam's dynamic with Robin Damian in B&R.

I think older heroes should look out for younger sidekick's even when not theirs.I liked Bruce entrusting Ollie to watch over Damian when he was off on a dangerous mission.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    And Wally had constant interactions with Clark, Bruce, Diana, Arthur, and J'onn during his JLA period written by Morrison.
    True but he was not a sidekick at that point.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I seem to remember both Clark and Bruce coming to Donna Troy's wedding.

Wildcat seemed to have a nice relationship with Al Rothstein (Atom Smasher), who was the godson of original Atom Al Pratt.
    Bruce came. I remember because he had a talk with Dick about adoption that often uploaded by fans. Diana and Hypolitta as well. I don't remember Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Bruce came. I remember because he had a talk with Dick about adoption that often uploaded by fans. Diana and Hypolitta as well. I don't remember Clark.
    I didn't either; had to hunt him out.ClarkWedding.jpg

I can't help but wonder if he was included more because he was important to DC than important to Donna.

Retired

Can't believe that was the 50th issue of NEW TEEN TITANS and they couldn't get Romeo Tanghal to ink it. Had to settle for Mike DeCarlo--yikes.

I think Wonder Woman is too intimidating for the others sidekicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    "Think clean thoughts, chum" .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I always liked the relationship between Superman and Robin the Boy Wonder, as seen in WORLD'S FINEST COMICS.
    WORLD'S FINEST is the main reason why Dick had these interactions with Superman, but he didn't met many others. He was usually on his adventures with the Teen Titans, when Batman had his Team ups in the Brave and the Bold and most later issues of WORLD'S FINEST were also without Robin.

Incredible Member

When the books were actually being published, I had hoped that DC was going to go for it, and leave the sidekicks in the League.... Dick as Batman, Wally as the Flash, Conner as GA, Kyle as GL...
    An elseworls series like this would be welcome.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Superman was always close with Dick Grayson, surrogate son of the second half of the World's Finest. Hell, the "World's Finest" was a trio- Batman, Superman, and Robin. Dick deserves more credit than he gets. "Robin", namely HIS Robin, is such an iconic character.

Supergirl and Batgirl, Kara and Babs.

I'd like to see some more Aquaman and Aqualad, Arthur and Garth, hanging with the Superfriends!

Extraordinary Member

You know, during the 60s and 70s, it seemed that Dick Grayson's Robin was DC's 3rd most popular character after Superman and Batman. That may be because of the Batman tv show and Super Friends cartoon, but every DC toy and product I ever saw or purchased had Robin included with the big guns.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but Dick Grayson was huge back then. Can some of you back me up - or maybe correct me on this?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Yes, especially since GRADUATION DAY, where Cassie joined the Teen Titans even she didnt approve it.
    She threw Conner of the building and fought with Starfire.

Superman is seemingly good friends with everyone.

I liked Arrowettes relationship with the adults, when she also argued with them and critizised them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Not in the Robin comics. Can't speak to the Batman or Superman ones, as I read fewer of those. I think somewhere in Superman's funeral story, Dick references knowing him since he was a kid and Tim thinks that he liked Superman, too, but he was too scared of looking like an idiot to say anything.

I remembered Bruce there, but had forgotten Clark.
    The Titans of Tomorrow Tim seemed to be good friends with Clark as he learned Kryptonish from him..

You know, during the 60s and 70s, it seemed that Dick Grayson's Robin was DC's 3rd most popular character after Superman and Batman. That may be because of the Batman tv show and Super Friends cartoon, but every DC toy and product I ever saw or purchased had Robin included with the big guns.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but Dick Grayson was huge back then. Can some of you back me up - or maybe correct me on this?
    It was still so in the 90ies.
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...6/1996-09.html

He and Flash sold more Comics than for example Wonder Woman...

One of the best friendships of the Silver/Bronze Age was Barbara Gordon and Linda Danvers/Kara Zor-El. I loved their friendship.
    This one was my favorite! It came into fruition so naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Yes, especially since GRADUATION DAY, where Cassie joined the Teen Titans even she didnt approve it.
    She threw Conner of the building and fought with Starfire.
    Cassie had been separated from her mother for a long time and had recently joined a cult. Diana was trying to take her home.