Default Translation question

Hey I forget what the first half of this means, was it ever translated? Been a while since I have read Hellboy. "Amung em-esh ett tu Anung Un Rama"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Hey I forget what the first half of this means, was it ever translated? Been a while since I have read Hellboy. "Amung em-esh ett tu Anung Un Rama"
    I don't think we ever got a direct translation, but if ett tu follows the romance language origin and means "and you," we can surmise that is is another title. I'd go with both being honorifics that depict pantheonic status as a high king or queen of creation (Amun-Ra from Egyptian mythology sounds much like Anung Un Rama, with Rama being a Hindu high deity aswell.) Em-esh may share a word root in then mythology with Ereshgikal, the Goddess of the Underworld in Mesopotamian mythology. If we combine all of this, Amumg Em-Esh could be Goddess of Darkness (to describe Hecate) and Anung Un Rama to describe Hellboy as the God of Night (as Rama the god roughly translates that way.)

That could all be nonsense of course, but if you jiggerypoke even a little, it makes sense to me.