Default The difference between the Superboy in Young Justice and Superman titles?

So the new Young Justice series has the Superboy from the New 52? And the Superboy in the Superman series is Clark and Lois's son from the Convergence versions of the Kents?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

from before New 52. The Return of Superman, 90s Young Justice Superboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    They pretty much skipped the YJ era of Kon and started out with Teen Titans Kon.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I didn't read it, what was the explanation of where he came from?

Astonishing Member

I'm not still sure if this is so right.

Conner knows Pa Kent, so this imply he is from Pre-New52.

However, Conner seems to know about Jon too (at least, he knows there is another Superboy).

It doesn't help Bendis knows things about Doomsday Clock. So, maybe the confusion is related to that.
    Last edited by Konja7; 07-11-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Incredible Member

Current incarnations of Superboys:

Conner Kent (YJ television series): Clone of Clark and Lex. Based on '00s comics version, i.e. angry teen with major daddy issues (not helped by this universe's Superman having had a hard time coming to deal with his existence). Now grown up/mellowed out. Has Dick as "his" Robin.

Conner Kent (DC animated movies): Clone of Clark and Lex. Based on '90s comics version, i.e. funny cocky womanizer wannabe. Eternally sixteen (although compared to his other incarnations this one looks more like fourteen to me). Lives with Ma & Pa Kent. Has Damian as "his" Robin.

Conner Kent (Titans live-action): Clone of Clark and Lex. Upcoming. Pretty much the same as early YJTV, only presumably much more violent. Has Jason as "his" Robin.

Conner Kent (comics metaverse): Clone of Clark and Lex (since early '00s retcon). Started out as funny cocky womanizer wannabe (with some maturing done over the years), became (extremely buff, too cool for a real superhero costume and) all emo when he found out about Lex (and was being easily mind-controlled for a time), then presumably died and came back to life (depending on the canonicity of Infinite Crisis), then moved to the Kent Farm and pretty much became teenage Clark Kent 2.0 (complete with glasses, but still no costume), then ditched the whole thing when he re-embraced his fun-loving self right before he accidentally disappeared to Gemworld (and was forgotten by most). Has Tim as "his" Robin.

Jonathan Kent (comics metaverse): Son of Clark and Lois. Recently aged up from 10 to 17. About to move to the 32nd century and join the newest Legion of Super-Heroes reboot. Has Damian as "his" Robin.

A note on all Conners: The Lexes treat them as (disappointing) sons, which is the scientifically accurate way to think of them. The Clarks and other heroes treat them as cousins, basically so the Supermen don't come across as deadbeat dads.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

However, Conner seems to know about Jon too (at least, he knows there is another Superboy).

It doesn't help Bendis knows things about Doomsday Clock. So, maybe the confusion is related to that.
    The relevant parts of the present stage of the DC Rebirth shake-ups are round about:
    Jon was born almost 11 years ago, started super-heroing several months ago.
    Kon first appeared almost 4 years ago (at first locked at age 16, started aging in comic book time after maybe about two years), disappeared several months ago.
    So there could've been overlap - or Kon may have just referred to Jon jokingly as Superboy due to being Superman's son. (And this means that young Jon now must've been alive when Clark died - I don't think anyone has acknowledged this in the comics yet.)
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Conner Kent is the Young Justice Superboy. His first appearance was The Adventures of Superman #500 (June 1993). He was cloned by Project Cadmus just before Superman died fighting Doomsday.

He is genetically half Superman/half Lex Luthor.

He has all the regular Kryptonian powers plus Tactile telekinesis which allows him to move and manipulate things by touch.His Robin and best friend is Tim Drake. Clark sees him as a little brother. He died saving the universe in Infinite Crisis and was later resurrected by the Legion of Superheroes.

Jon Kent is Clark and Lois' biological son. As far as we know he has typical Kryptonian powers. Damian is his Robin and best friend. He'll soon be joining the Legion of Superheroes..
    Last edited by Midnighter; 07-11-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    I didn't read it, what was the explanation of where he came from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

I wrote it short because it's easier to describe which period this Kon is calling back in general, but to be specific, this is Rebirth Kon, from Rebirth universe with Rebirth experience, as if he always existed in Rebirth but only revealed now. So he's not exactly the same as Post Crisis Kon. He knows about Jon because in Rebirth Jon was born early instead of added to the universe in late New 52 after Convergence.

It's also really easy to be confused when saying which era because the key thing with Rebirth is every continuity that happened before actually happened but rebooted in-universe and forgotten by people in-universe, and the process of bringing those elements of old continuity back is still ongoing, so what is considered as facts can change should the writers want it.

It just looks confusing from readers point of view because we really don't know what they want to put in and what they left out.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-11-2019 at 05:34 PM.

It just looks confusing from readers point of view because we really don't know what they want to put in and what they left out.
    I'm willing to bet real money they don't know either.