Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

The Moongirl comic seems quite popular with kids. And Ms. Marvel is great.

Also, might I suggest Gillen's Journey into Mystery?

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Not at all. But, not many people keep print (comics or otherwise) around the house at all.

Many people want their kids to read. But, actually having the reading material on hand is more than they are willing to do.
    I actually put my DC comics in her room when I'm finished with them. She has a huge bookshelf dedicated to them. They're there for her any time she wants them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    The Moongirl comic seems quite popular with kids. And Ms. Marvel is great.

Also, might I suggest Gillen's Journey into Mystery?
    Noted!
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

You might want to have her check out Hickman's Fantastic Four run since the kids (Franklin and Val ) figure pretty prominently in that . And you would see the beginnings of the Future Foundation.

This group of kids will get their own series starting in August. It features Dragon Man as their nanny, the son/clone of the Wizard (an FF villain), a Wakandan warrior/princess and some Power Pack characters. I hope they will be writing in with younger readers in mind.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Moon Girl/Devil Dinosaur
    Captain Marvel
    Ms. Marvel
    Squirrel Girl
    Squirrel Girl
    let me add this one more time,
    Squirrel Girl

All three feature smart strong female leads, Moon Girl as a pre-teen (IIRC), Ms. Marvel as a teen (again, IIRC), Squirrel Girl as a college-ager, Captain Marvel as a grown woman. All are particularly well written, savvy, even clever: Squirrel Girl particularly so.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You might want to have her check out Hickman's Fantastic Four run since the kids (Franklin and Val ) figure pretty prominently in that . And you would see the beginnings of the Future Foundation.

This group of kids will get their own series starting in August. It features Dragon Man as their nanny, the son/clone of the Wizard (an FF villain), a Wakandan warrior/princess and some Power Pack characters. I hope they will be writing in with younger readers in mind.
    Thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Moon Girl/Devil Dinosaur
    Captain Marvel
    Ms. Marvel
    Squirrel Girl
    Squirrel Girl
    let me add this one more time,
    Squirrel Girl

All three feature smart strong female leads, Moon Girl as a pre-teen (IIRC), Ms. Marvel as a teen (again, IIRC), Squirrel Girl as a college-ager, Captain Marvel as a grown woman. All are particularly well written, savvy, even clever: Squirrel Girl particularly so.
    Thanks, will make a note of that Squirrel Girl thing. My daughter loves strong female characters and stuff in stories.
    Collects
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

If you are looking for kid friendly tittle the Marvel Adventures books are pretty good. They have Avengers, Fantastic Four, And Spiderman. They may have more those are just the only three I have seen. My daughter loves those.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

She's 10? I'm going to toss in Unstoppable Wasp, IronHeart, Champions, Ms. Marvel, Squirrelgirl, and Moongirl and Devil Dinosaur. The current run of Captain Marvel by Kelly Thompson is fantastic as well. Also Hellcat by Kate Leth.

I keep adding to this. I'd 100% recommend Marvel Rising - There's both a cartoon and a comic. The stories in each are unrelated to each other, but the same characters can be found in both the cartoon series and the comic.
    Last edited by Seren; 07-13-2019 at 11:00 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Moon girl

https://www.amazon.com/Moon-Girl-Dev...s%2C314&sr=1-1

Unbeatable squirrel girl (the great lakes avengers trade is really adult but this series is great for kids)

https://www.amazon.com/Unbeatable-Sq...s%2C163&sr=1-1

Spider-girl (another universe where spidey has a daughter that has powers. Well done book and she even goes to the main universe and teams up with the real Spider-Man for two issues.)

https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Girl-C...s=books&sr=1-1

Wasp

https://www.amazon.com/Unstoppable-W...s=books&sr=1-3

Ms marvel (great book.)

https://www.amazon.com/Ms-Marvel-1-N...s=books&sr=1-1

Champions (teen book with teen heroes)

https://www.amazon.com/Champions-Vol...s=books&sr=1-1

OZ (based on the oz books. Well done fun books but not canon with the mcu.)

https://www.amazon.com/Oz-Wonderful-...s=books&sr=1-8

Firestar--classic 80s comic.

https://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Firesta...s=books&sr=1-9

Secret wars 80s Nice way to show of the main heroes in 80s tale.

https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Wars-J...s=books&sr=1-1
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-13-2019 at 11:25 AM.

X-Men: Old Man Logan - the story by Mark Miller in the X-Men title
    That's pretty adult. Not really for kids.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I notice Gaastra mentions something called "Squirrel Girl". "The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl." I remember that title from somewhere. One (of the many things) thing I particularly like about her comic is that she really is unbeatable, undefeatable unbeatable, and most often she wins by talking to her opposition and changes their point of view.
    Mmmmm.
    Kind of a nice change.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Squirrel Girl is now on the list. And yes, it looks like she'd love that! The next book she wants is The Dark Phoenix saga so I'll just get Squirrel Girl to go with it.

She's currently reading Secret Wars and so far she ADORES it!

When I picked my kid up from school today I spoke to her teacher. Her teacher fully supports the idea of her getting into Marvel Comics.

Me, my wife, teachers at school - I want everyone to encourage this interest.
    Last edited by DCStu; 07-15-2019 at 08:14 AM.
    Collects
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Moon girl is a great choice also. It's a girl and her pet dino! You may want to try it.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Also there was a spider-man loves mary jane book with mary jane as the main star. It's more teen aimed however.

https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Lo...s%2C173&sr=1-1

If you want a classic title marvel two in one has tons of marvel heroes teaming up with the thing. From Spider-Man to thor.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Two-On...s%2C161&sr=1-1
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-15-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Boisterously Confused

If your daughter is pre-teen, I'd recommend the the first run of She-Hulk (you'll know it, she's in a white dress on the cover of issue 1). The tales were a little less intense back then. If she's over that age, the Current Ms. Marvel (again, easy to spot, she's not blonde). Another good one (any age) is American Dream (that's a sort of future felmale Captain America); it's only a mini-series, but fun.

As others have said, Marvel Unlimited is a great, cost-effective way of getting at all of these.

BTW: this makes me smile. I love youngsters discovering comics, like I did as a kid. I double love parents making them feel good about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    BTW: this makes me smile. I love youngsters discovering comics, like I did as a kid. I double love parents making them feel good about it.
    Great isn't it? My kid has some reading time after dinner so I get her to read one full issue of the series. There's honestly nothing I love better than seeing her sitting there engrossed in a comic book. Thinking about the magical world she's being taken to by the book she's holding in her hand.

When she's done with Secret Wars she wants to check out The Dark Phoenix Saga. I also want to get her God Loves, Man Kills. I'm glad she's taking an interest in X-Men. The reason I'm glad about that is the comic book and the characters are a metaphor for the Civil Rights movement, and deals with mature themes such as prejudice, xenophobia, tolerance and intolerance. So she's going to get a strong moral message disguised as whizz-bang entertainment.

God bless you man, thanks for your kind words!
    Collects
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label