Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Default Garou/Genos(OPM) vs Iron Fist(Marvel)/Raiden(Metal Gear)

Standard fight, then team fight.

Garou vs Iron Fist

Genos vs Raiden(fully upgraded)

Extraordinary Member

Garou from what point in the series? He keeps getting saiyan style power ups whenever he gets beat up so he's constantly stronger than the last time he showed up. As he is now in the current manga, I think he takes it without much trouble.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Iron Fist wonders what he's doing here.

This very much depends on what level of Garou we're dealing with.

Garou is from after his fight with the A Rank heroes(Season 2 of the Anime)

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Garou is still too fast for IF, and definitely can hurt him, even at "A class heroes fight" level.

Genos versus Raiden is different: I feel that Genos is probably faster, which would give him the eventual win, but he really doesn't have amazing speed feats himself, so I'm open to argument or discussion there. He's significantly slower than Saitama and Garou and the best of the OPM folks, but he's clearly still fast as hell. I don't know exactly where to place him, really.

Raiden is a very very high end BT.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Garou is still too fast for IF, and definitely can hurt him, even at "A class heroes fight" level.

Genos versus Raiden is different: I feel that Genos is probably faster, which would give him the eventual win, but he really doesn't have amazing speed feats himself, so I'm open to argument or discussion there. He's significantly slower than Saitama and Garou and the best of the OPM folks, but he's clearly still fast as hell. I don't know exactly where to place him, really.

Raiden is a very very high end BT.
    Genos' speed feats are a little hard to gauge.

His best speed feat is deliberately humiliating Speed of Sound Sonic who was using his base speed but noting himself as being unable to cope with the Fourfold Burial technique when Sonic started to get serious.

Raiden, especially in blade mode, is stupidly fast as well though. He's a seriously high end bullet timer outside of it and he's a "bullets and missiles are literally crawling through the air to me," in Blade Mode.

I'd personally call them pretty even given how hard it is to gauge them relative to each other.

Genos has a better range game. Raiden is more dangerous up close. Genos has a better variety with his various arm attachments and has shown that he can self-repair to degree in his fight with Elder Centipede. I'd... edge Raiden as being physically stronger in terms of straight punching and whatnot.

It's a hard fight to call. I'd probably back Genos but not by much.

I was thinking Iron Fists sniper dodge while poisened and his Helicarrier feat would be a match for Garou as while poisened he was dodging auto fire himself. My thinking was IF had the slight strength/striking advantage while Garou had the slight speed/movement advantage. Is it that big of a gap?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    I was thinking Iron Fists sniper dodge while poisened and his Helicarrier feat would be a match for Garou as while poisened he was dodging auto fire himself. My thinking was IF had the slight strength/striking advantage while Garou had the slight speed/movement advantage. Is it that big of a gap?
    He did more than just dodge auto fire in that big A-class fight. He deflected a massive barrage of auto fire, that was firing at a much higher rate than normal, while poisoned, injured and exhausted.

Then he still had enough gas to take on and not be completely owned by Genos, Bang and Bomb. I'd say that a healthy Garou at that point is just too much for Iron Fist.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Genos from at least one offscreen upgrade ago seemed to be more or less even with Deep Sea King before he took a shot of acid to protect that little girl, and Deep Sea King was a lot closer to Speed of Sound Sonic than Genos was during the time that Genos himself had met SoSS (IIRC, Geno's had also gotten an upgrade between those two fights as well), and was trading blows with the guy that had casually oneshot an office building, IIRC.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

What does Raiden have for heat resistance feats? Genos has a really big AoE game and flight. I feel like Raiden probably gets melted.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    What does Raiden have for heat resistance feats? Genos has a really big AoE game and flight. I feel like Raiden probably gets melted.
    He doesn't really have the ability to no-sell "INCINERATE," not that I recall anyway. OTOH, that attack has enough of a delay that he ought to be able to dodge it.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

He doesn't really have the ability to no-sell "INCINERATE," not that I recall anyway. OTOH, that attack has enough of a delay that he ought to be able to dodge it.
    If Genos has speed anywhere approaching Raiden, his AoE game I'd gonna be too big to dodge. Heck, even if he is slower, he was unleashing 360 degree waves of flame big enough to fill the arena in his appearance. Now he's probably doing less damage than his fully concentrated spiral cannon, for example, but check out the damage left when he leveled House of Evolution. Dude can inflict crazy, crazy damage, and that was several upgrades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    If Genos has speed anywhere approaching Raiden, his AoE game I'd gonna be too big to dodge. Heck, even if he is slower, he was unleashing 360 degree waves of flame big enough to fill the arena in his appearance. Now he's probably doing less damage than his fully concentrated spiral cannon, for example, but check out the damage left when he leveled House of Evolution. Dude can inflict crazy, crazy damage, and that was several upgrades ago.
    Yeah, that's true, I was thinking more about the directed fire stuff. This basically comes down to speed. Genos also doesn't seem to get tired, run out of energy, or whatever, so he can probably keep it coming pretty hard.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Iron Fist wonders what he's doing here.
    We don't say this often, but it was the first thing that shot through my head when I saw the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    It's a big gap. I just did the math for Garou's feat, and unless we sport Danny his ridiculous feat where he cross 10' and catches a bullet in the time it takes the bullet to exit the barrel of a gun (SMvsFL), he's getting blown completely out of the water in speed.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yeah, that's true, I was thinking more about the directed fire stuff. This basically comes down to speed. Genos also doesn't seem to get tired, run out of energy, or whatever, so he can probably keep it coming pretty hard.
    And while normally I don't advocate for compartmentalized durability, Raiden is a weird case where his body is a mix of robot and human parts. Even if his armor can soak hits from a class 70 or whatever, parts of him might melt if it gets hot enough.