Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Missed chance or not: Spider- Gwen meets the Stacey family ?

One of the few newest additions to the SPider-man mythos is the extension to the Stacy family. One has to wonder why didn’t Marvel used the Stacy family when it came to Peter being Unmasked the first time around in a class action lawsuit against him, Doc Ock and Osborn over the deaths of Gwen and George Stacey ?

Now that we have a Spider-Gwen in the comics and she’s coming to the Earth 616b for college...one has to wonder if this is a good time to bring them back ?

How would Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider react to seeing alternated versions of her own extended family members ?

As fans of Spider-Gwen, Gwen Stacey, and Spider-man: What do you think of this ?

God, no. Please no. There's no need for this. Just let the original Gwen stay dead and rest in peace. Please, guys, Marvel, everyone, stop defiling this poor character.

Variants, alt-versions, Clone Conspiracy, retroactively sleeping with a villain. We need to stop this.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-11-2019 at 02:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    God, no. Please no. There's no need for this. Just let the original Gwen stay dead and rest in peace. Please stop defiling this poor character.

Variants, alt-versions, Clone Conspiracy, retroactively sleeping with a villain. We need to stop this.
    So I am taking it that you are a fan of Spider-Gwen. Right ?

The truth is they had no interest in the extended Stacy family. Arthur, Jill, and Paul just sort of vanished into comic book limbo. And odds are we'll probably never see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So I am taking it that you are a fan of Spider-Gwen. Right ?
    Not at all. I dislike her a lot. I don't like any copy, clone, alt, or legacy except for Mayday, and Miguel. The rest feel like cheap knockoffs to me.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-12-2019 at 11:34 PM.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    God, no. Please no. There's no need for this. Just let the original Gwen stay dead and rest in peace. Please, guys, Marvel, everyone, stop defiling this poor character.

I couldn't agree with you more but for a different reason. The Marvel Office needs to let 65 Gwen be her own thing they should thus minimize her involvement with Earth 616 from this point forward.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more but for a different reason. The Marvel Office needs to let 65 Gwen be her own thing they should thus minimize her involvement with Earth 616 from this point forward.
    I agree with the first part - that 65 Gwen needs to stand on her own - but less the 616 part (mostly because I like it when she interacts with Peter, Miles, Anya, etc). But to the original question, it's a big "no" from me because none of the Stacey's are interesting and their approval (or lack of approval) of Gwen means nothing (both to the fans, generally, and to Gwen specifically since she her father already knows about her secret identity).

I think the more fertile ground would be interacting with MJ since they both have memories of a very different version of each other.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The one chance at building her into something like Mayday or Miguel and they tossed it aside for having her involved in 616 way, WAY too much.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I agree with the first part - that 65 Gwen needs to stand on her own - but less the 616 part (mostly because I like it when she interacts with Peter, Miles, Anya, etc). But to the original question, it's a big "no" from me because none of the Stacey's are interesting and their approval (or lack of approval) of Gwen means nothing (both to the fans, generally, and to Gwen specifically since she her father already knows about her secret identity).
    I'm still not even sure what her dynamic with Peter should be. It just feels like a weird relationship no matter how you handle it.
    I think the more fertile ground would be interacting with MJ since they both have memories of a very different version of each other.
    I think if there is one meeting or interaction worth having with Gwen heading to 616, it's with Mary Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still not even sure what her dynamic with Peter should be. It just feels like a weird relationship no matter how you handle it.

I think if there is one meeting or interaction worth having with Gwen heading to 616, it's with Mary Jane.
    As do I. Hopefully such interaction will occur sooner rather than later.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

With Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider getting a new series of comics set in the 616 universe and having her go to school in a world where she is already "dead," given who else is showing up in the coming issues of the new series: Should NOW be the time for the extended Stacey family members to return in a way ?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...der-1-preview/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    With Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider getting a new series of comics set in the 616 universe and having her go to school in a world where she is already "dead," given who else is showing up in the coming issues of the new series: Should NOW be the time for the extended Stacey family members to return in a way ?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...der-1-preview/
    The extended Stacy family never had any real purpose in the stories in terms of conflict and so on. Whether it's Jill Stacy or Arthur Stacy or who knows.

The only Stacys that matter are George and 616 Gwen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The truth is they had no interest in the extended Stacy family. Arthur, Jill, and Paul just sort of vanished into comic book limbo. And odds are we'll probably never see them again.
    When I first clicked saw this post, that was what I thought it was originally going to be about.

It is a missed opportunity that Spider-Gwen never met the Arthur side of the Stacy family.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    When I first clicked saw this post, that was what I thought it was originally going to be about.

It is a missed opportunity that Spider-Gwen never met the Arthur side of the Stacy family.
    My opinion, the other Stacys are gone, publishing-wise, because they were boring / I do not care.

I actually remember them, when I've read those late nineties Peter Parker: Spider-Man in then-real time. True, Arthur had, I will admit, just about three moments, but his purpose was primarily to throw tension along with his suspicions of Spider-Man.

But Jill, she was first Mary Jane's college friend, whose gimmick was that she is a Stacy. Then, early on in the first batch of John Byrne's Volume Two issues, she primarily popped up repeatedly, in almost confusingly to very clearly flirt with Peter.
    Last edited by ngroove; 08-18-2019 at 09:18 PM.

The only thing I can say to this topic is:
    Does a writer have a story idea he/she believes in and wants to write?

Really NOTHING is off the table for all characters and possibilities and anybody can be created or come back but in the end it's how well it is received. It is all on the overall quality of storytelling, characterization, developments, possibilities created, and art in the end.

A subjective 'horrible character' can come back by another writer and be very well written and used and much more. A 'fantastic character' can have a horrible storyline or written in the end that is appalling or other negative factors.

Overall if a writer has a idea and can fit the story/arc/characters into the universe that has been premade with past factors nothing is off the table of imagination.

In history many times people will tell others something will not work and in the end proven wrong. Stan Lee I think when he first wanted to make Spider-man or many of the characters we see as classics was told 'never going to work'. There are ideas and stories that has been made that subjectively had horrible marketing or the general pitch didn't capture me and made me form negative speculations but after giving a chance found tons of enjoyment and quality to what I didn't have hope in.

I feel the extended 616 Stacy family might not show up. But how I feel and reality are not the same thing and the odds are never 0% nor can I say how the overall quality and enjoyment and effectiveness of the limited only by individual imagination ideas that can be.