Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Morlun wasn't expecting him. RIP Ben but that was obvious. I guess the daughter will become the next Spider hero after Peter if they don't do Miles.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i'm not sure how it's any weirder than an old pp

with the dialogue, that's actually pretty accurate to our times. oldies these days still say "cool" and "man". once our generation gets to that age, there'll still be a bunch of "bros" and "dudes" being spouted in the retirement villages in between the mouthfuls of porridge
    I am 47 years old
    I am going to gym and still love dancing to dance,techno,house music
    I will do that as a senior citizen until my death

with my ADHD, I am just as energetic as somebody half my age
    and even more
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I am 47 years old
    I am going to gym and still love dancing to dance,techno,house music
    I will do that as a senior citizen until my death

with my ADHD, I am just as energetic as somebody half my age
    and even more
    yeah...if you can, then why not? you don’t suddenly absorb old person vocab and a predilection for scones
    troo fan or death

I dunno. I guess because we've seen older Peters before? Although Peter doesn't really look like Peter in this preview anymore either.
    with the dialogue, that's actually pretty accurate to our times. oldies these days still say "cool" and "man". once our generation gets to that age, there'll still be a bunch of "bros" and "dudes" being spouted in the retirement villages in between the mouthfuls of porridge
    It's just hard to imagine it with that voice .

(MJ looks way older then 40 in that preview).

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Morlun wasn't expecting him. RIP Ben but that was obvious. I guess the daughter will become the next Spider hero after Peter if they don't do Miles.
    it was obvious, and even though i’m fond of benjamin...it makes sense
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

(MJ looks way older then 40 in that preview).
    chain smoking them ciggies will do that
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

The preview is cool. I suspected Ben would die on 9/11, but Morlun killing him makes much more sense story-wise. My only small nitpick is that if Pete’s kids are getting ready for college, shouldn’t they be much younger than 22? #5 takes place in 2006, and #3 when they were born is supposed to be 1984. Don’t think any scholarship would wait 4 years. Not a big deal though.

And to the person above who said MJ looks older than 40.... well, yes! Pete and her are supposed to be pushing 60 in this issue.

Astonishing Member

Hoped Morlun would play a part. Coming Home is one of the best ever Spider-Man stories. When I think of the 00s it's that, the Conversation, Doomed Affairs, Confessions, Civil War, Back in Black and the infamous Sins Past/One More Day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Old MJ is weird. Especially when she still talks like her younger self.
    We've seen one version of MJ as an old woman before in PAD's non-canon epilogue to that story he did in FNSM.

She looks more or less like Aunt May in the Spider-Man PS4 game. That version of May was made a redhead and Bagley I guess wanted to convey that Peter ended up marrying a woman who was very much like his mother.

Old Peter still looks fit because of the whole Spider-Metabolism thing so he seems to age slower than MJ does. He does one-handed log-axing to show he's still super-strong.

Yeah, Peter and MJ are survivors of the '60s (and literal ones since Flash, Gwen, and Harry died here) so they're basically hippie parents. Although maybe not as hip as Ben and May were in USM.

Really happy to see Morlun here. Really happy to see Bagley pencil him.

I was right ( in another thread, albeit in different circumstances ) that Ben dying would be the hero’s death mentioned in the solicits that brings peter back to New York.
    Last edited by Russ840; 07-12-2019 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, she does. But I don't think she'll be Spider-Girl. The preview mentions a Stamford scholarship. If she accepts it, she'll die when Nitro blows up the New Warriors.
    It's a Stanford scholarship. Unless they've got a campus in Connecticut, she should be OK.

Astonishing Member

This mini is pretty dark, but I don’t think they’ll go as dark as to kill Peter’s daughter. I’ve been wrong before though...

I was thinking 9/11 might of been the reason Ben might die. It was a major impact of the decade that shaped things. So to see it didn't play a part and we skip over to 2006 was a bit shocking.
    Sad to see Ben dying. He seemed to get the short end of the stick and worse for this series. Used by basically everybody. The Jackal, Osborn, Doc Ock, and even Peter himself used him like a pawn for their own ends. Also I was hoping to see Helen (I really like her) and unless we see a hero funeral which she shows up I thinking I'll never know what happened to her in this world presented. One spot of brightness for Ben was Peter's son called him "Uncle Ben" so the family it seems did get to know him and treat him as family at least from the kids side.

Also I was think MJ was looking a bit like Aunt May. MJ in her 60's and I think many people are uncomfortable seeing her old as we have shaped this image of MJ and anything that moves away from it visually can be starting but reality of aging is a major part of this series. Youth and youthful looks is an extremely temporary thing and goes by faster than you think. I wonder if Peter or MJ might die first in the next issue (Peter outliving his love ones was presented in a Deadpool/Spider-man issue and part of what he see's as his curse however I'm thinking Peter of this Earth might go first of the two as this MJ it seems is away from the dangers vs some of her other versions unless like Morlun the dangers knock at their doorstep).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    This mini is pretty dark, but I don’t think they’ll go as dark as to kill Peter’s daughter. I’ve been wrong before though...
    I think Peter's son Benjy will die. But yeah, the tragedy that awaits Spider-Man's final years would be the death of a child. It's the ultimate tragedy after all, that's how Michael Corleone was punished in The Godfather movies.

yeah...if you can, then why not? you don’t suddenly absorb old person vocab and a predilection for scones
    It's probably more that the language you grew up using becomes old person vocab to the newer generations. "Bro" and "dude" could become as much a tell of old age as someone saying "whippersnapper."
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets