Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's probably more that the language you grew up using becomes old person vocab to the newer generations. "Bro" and "dude" could become as much a tell of old age as someone saying "whippersnapper."
    which was my original point (why i used examples from 2 gens)

the scones bit was meant to be a joke
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think Peter's son Benjy will die. But yeah, the tragedy that awaits Spider-Man's final years would be the death of a child. It's the ultimate tragedy after all, that's how Michael Corleone was punished in The Godfather movies.
    I really hope they do not an ending like Godfather 3. Why? Why copy an inferior ending. No one considers Part 3 on the level of the first 2. Maybe the approach should be Peter simply retires with MJ and passes the torch to Miles?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's probably more that the language you grew up using becomes old person vocab to the newer generations. "Bro" and "dude" could become as much a tell of old age as someone saying "whippersnapper."
    You already see that with"dad rock". Many people see rock music by the Rolling Stones or even punk rock like Sex Pistols and the Clash as "dad rock", and even Heavy Metal is falling into that.

At one point that was youthful edgy music, now it's just stuff that your lame dad jams too...

Morlun is the worst
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

I wonder if the kids have spider powers and can assist Peter fighting Morlun. I've always wanted to see a full grown male son from Peter and MJ, hopefully this new Benjy will not die at Molun's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (MJ looks way older then 40 in that preview).
    She'd be in her 50s in the 00s.

BANNED

MJ and Peter are about 59 in 2006, the year LF#5 is set. Peter was 15 in 1962 and aged from here...

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Still really curious what happened to the Gwen clone who married Ben in the 70s chapter.

Astonishing Member

Oh, boy! Morlun, Spider-Man's "secret identity" discovered, Parker Industries in danger, probably the Civil War in process.... This issue is going to be crazy. Question is, this Morlun is the same we know or an alternative version of him? I mean, there's suppose to be just one Morlun in the Multiverse, but if this one says he was never defeated (as his first defeat at hands of 616's Spider-Man), this could be confusing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno. I guess because we've seen older Peters before? Although Peter doesn't really look like Peter in this preview anymore either.
    No, it's just creepy.

Mary Jane Watson, even over various other depictions, has been THE picture of aging gracefully.

Besides, I don't know if Life Story had her an actress / model, but I'd assume especially for actress / model, being naturally a lifestyle of preserving her beauty, at least through the breakthroughs of modern cosmetics, skin-lifts, or simply living healthily.

Oh wait, she was at one point a smoker, wasn't she, especially when the decade hopping throughout series never fully made clear how long a duration she smoked or drank.

But yes, not an excuse, of seeing creepy wrinkled Mary Jane. I get it, Marvel wants to portray more "realistic" aging, but Mary Jane Watson has been THE ultimate comic book dream girl.
    Last edited by ngroove; 07-12-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    No, it's just creepy.

Mary Jane Watson, even over various other depictions, has been THE picture of aging gracefully.

Besides, I don't know if Life Story had her an actress / model, but I'd assume especially for actress / model, being naturally a lifestyle of preserving her beauty, at least through the breakthroughs of modern cosmetics, skin-lifts, or simply living healthily.

Oh wait, she was at one point a smoker, wasn't she, especially when the decade hopping throughout series never fully made clear how long a duration she smoked or drank.

But yes, not an excuse, of seeing creepy wrinkled Mary Jane. I get it, Marvel wants to portray more "realistic" aging, but Mary Jane Watson has been THE ultimate comic book dream girl.
    People, I don't like to see MJ getting old either, but every fiction's character needs a piece of "reality" in its design; or it will get boring. Just imagine, I was a kid when I met Mickey Mouse, and when I will turn into an old man, Mickey will probably remain the same. That's really depressing, because in certain way, fiction's characters are immortals. But if you see them growing up with you, you can identify yourself with them even more.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    No, it's just creepy.

There is a lot to unpack here...
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Astonishing Member

Yeah, MJ looks really old. That took me aback a bit as well!

Ben's death was to be expected I guess...its how he died that is the surprise.

So...Peter Parker is unmasked as Spider-Man in 2006. Much like how he was during the Civil War published in 2006. Once again, much like Gwen's death, Osborn's death or the Clone Saga, this series does a brilliant job following the broad strokes of 616, albeit recontextualised in a twisty way!

Ben Jr. unfortunatly doesn't really look like Ultimate Peter Parker, so that theory appears to have gone down the drain. Claire does look like Mayday Parker though, so the odds of her becoming Spider-Girl are pretty good.

Looking forward to seeing where they go with this for the Civil War...

I think Bagley just fudged up on art here and overdid the wrinkles. There are women in their 70s with better skin than MJ here. My mom is late 60s and looks younger.

To be honest, just the short hair should've been enough to convey the fact that she's now older.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman