Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 845
  1. #751
    BANNED fsger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Bishop is on dawn of X
    Unfortunately, Hopeful he doesn't leech more from Jean. If Jean is going to be on the same team with a guy from the future that likes guns it should be Cable.

  2. #752
    Incredible Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    i don't agree about it establishing him as the main x-men bitch. They haven't really seen each other in a while. phoenix resurrection was brief, but now they are both alive for real, not some gimmick resurrection. also, he believed all x-men to be dead and thought mutants were about to get wiped off the board entirely. He got caught up in a moment because his life was saved and all his friends, including the woman he will always love, is alive. I don't blame him for 2 seconds. What reaction do you think he should have had? a firm handshake?
    I mean, I get the feeling, but this was literally written and drawn as a big slap in the face to Wolverine and Emma, not as much as the final reunion of the two (which I would have given more space and depth than a makeout session to solve everything).

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Scott kissed Emma on Jean's grave. I don't see nothing really more distateful than that ,
    she kissed scott many times in front of Logan and she doesn't care about Emma
    After Jean told him to be with Emma after she died. This one was more like "Yeah let's have them make out in front of Logan and Emma so they look in discomfort and this looks like smart character development and everyone moving on".


    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    That scene was about giving EEEEEEEEEEEVIL Emma the middle finger more than reuniting the two of them. You could say the entire arc was about giving Emma the middle finger, in fact, if not the entire run.
    Yeah, I tried to have some hope in Rosenberg for the whole run but this last issue did not make sense.

  3. #753
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I
    After Jean told him to be with Emma after she died. This one was more like "Yeah let's have them make out in front of Logan and Emma so they look in discomfort and this looks like smart character development and everyone moving on".
    Jean didn't said to Scott make out with Emma. She said to him live, he just choose to kiss Emma on Jean's grave.

    It's just a kiss. People making a big deal because it isn't the ship they want

  4. #754
    Incredible Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean didn't said to Scott make out with Emma. She said to him live, he just choose to kiss Emma on Jean's grave.

    It's just a kiss. People making a big deal because it isn't the ship they want
    I just think it was a dumb way to estabilish the new relationships status quo and putting the focus on Emma and Wolverine looking sore about them more than Jean/Scott. I liked Emma and Scott together, but I don't hate Jean and Scott either. And after all that's happened I actually hoped Emma wouldn't stay with Scott. This just looks bad to me, as many other things in this run.

  5. #755
    Astonishing Member Knives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,596

    Default

    Well now that the X-men have returned it's obvious marvel would have to make a choice about Scott, Jean and Emma.

    I honestly do not care though I understand why shippers pick up swords and get ready for the war of posts this was inevitable but please try to avoid polluting the topic too much with arguments about who betrayed or kissed who first.

  6. #756
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I just think it was a dumb way to estabilish the new relationships status quo and putting the focus on Emma and Wolverine looking sore about them more than Jean/Scott. I liked Emma and Scott together, but I don't hate Jean and Scott either. And after all that's happened I actually hoped Emma wouldn't stay with Scott. This just looks bad to me, as many other things in this run.
    Logan and Jean never dated. EMma and Scott are over for 7 years;

    It's doesn't look bad or good to me, but really hilarious.

  7. #757
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Well now that the X-men have returned it's obvious marvel would have to make a choice about Scott, Jean and Emma.
    It's less about who chose who but the way it was done about it, that is really indefensible.

  8. #758
    Incredible Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Logan and Jean never dated. EMma and Scott are over for 7 years;

    It's doesn't look bad or good to me, but really hilarious.
    To me it looks like a cheap way to establish that they're back together and that the other two characters are bitter about it.

  9. #759
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    To me it looks like a cheap way to establish that they're back together and that the other two characters are bitter about it.
    Considering Scott and Emma haven't been together on panel for a while, and Logan had already moved on for quite some time, even turning Jean down in NXM, it's really non-sense. Seems to me more of a way to spite Emma than anything else, either Rosenberg or editorial (or both) seems to have it out for her.

  10. #760
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Considering Scott and Emma haven't been together on panel for a while, and Logan had already moved on for quite some time, even turning Jean down in NXM, it's really non-sense. Seems to me more of a way to spite Emma than anything else, either Rosenberg or editorial (or both) seems to have it out for her.
    They just closed the book on decimation era. I doubt rosenberg hates emma

  11. #761
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,464

    Default

    I'm sad for Emma but so happy for Jean and Scott kissing. I missed that, they were apart for so long and had so much drama that it is easy to forget that they are in love.
    I'm thankfully for this (not the emma part though poor emma)
    My opinions are my own
    Sometimes I can express negative opinions about certain topics but It is never my intention to offend you.

  12. #762
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm sad for Emma but so happy for Jean and Scott kissing. I missed that, they were apart for so long and had so much drama that it is easy to forget that they are in love.
    I'm thankfully for this (not the emma part though poor emma)
    I'm not even a bit sorry for Emma, she had it good for long and never respected Jean

    And Hickamn is a Emma fanboy

  13. #763
    Mighty Member jpmst17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    I honestly though it would be Scott..... Disappointed lol
    why would think it would be Scott? he just came back and is all over hickman's covers. He's one of the most integral x-men

  14. #764
    Astonishing Member bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    why would think it would be Scott? he just came back and is all over hickman's covers. He's one of the most integral x-men
    After everything negative we had why not add one more

  15. #765
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They just closed the book on decimation era. I doubt rosenberg hates emma
    It wasn't just the kiss though:
    • Giving the cure to Callahan
    • Mind wiping and manipulating the X-men
    • Mind-wiping the world lasts one issue, and is shown to be completely stupid and immoral and making things worse
    • The overall stalk-ish behavior of Scott (reverse the genders and you have an idea

    It's very hard to say this wasn't made to make Emma look bad, and overall, that this whole run seems designed to scream "You liked Scott and Emma's characters in the 21st century (never mind the relationship)? Well, YOU'RE AN IDIOT!".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •