Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

So what happened in the issue?
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    So what happened in the issue?
    spoilers:
    The X-Men get attacked by Callahan and his sentinels. Callahan is using a blocker to prevent what Emma did to make people forget them. Havok sacrifices himself to save Scott. Madrox creates a bunch of dupes to slow the assault of the sentinels, and also gets killed himself, but holds them off long enough for the X-Men to reappear from the age of X-Man and help Scott, Logan, and everyone else. Jean and Scott reunite. The X-Men, other than Emma, collectively make the decision to destroy the device keeping people from remembering mutants in the middle of the battlefield despite what it may mean for them: namely, that humankind is going to declare war. Scott destroys it himself and says that they've always been at war.
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Gambit and Rogue are still not there?

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    spoilers:
    The X-Men get attacked by Callahan and his sentinels. Callahan is using a blocker to prevent what Emma did to make people forget them. Havok sacrifices himself to save Scott. Madrox creates a bunch of dupes to slow the assault of the sentinels, and also gets killed himself, but holds them off long enough for the X-Men to reappear from the age of X-Man and help Scott, Logan, and everyone else. Jean and Scott reunite. The X-Men, other than Emma, collectively make the decision to destroy the device keeping people from remembering mutants in the middle of the battlefield despite what it may mean for them: namely, that humankind is going to declare war. Scott destroys it himself and says that they've always been at war.
    end of spoilers
    I don't believe that's accurate
    spoilers:
    The X-Men vote on whether or not to keep Emma's "gift." Which is according to Rosenbergs letter at the end is for some sort of future or Hope outside the X-Men. Frost surprisingly says it was a future for everyone. And does so in a nice manner. She is included in the vote. She makes her case and accepts that she is outvoted/doesn't protest at all and Scott destroys it. Now mutants are more hated then everywhere as humans are now aware of what happened.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Starts off with the preview pages, Emma is fine tuning the block and eavesdropping on Scott. Nemesis tells her she lost her boyfriend and that she shouldn't eavesdrop. There's a cuffafle in the basement Wolverine is attacking Mr Sinister who turns out to be a clone. Wolverine wants to kill Emma, Hope stops him explaining that Emma saved him. And fixed the kids reacting badly to the vaccine and explains the block.

Scott and Havok are attacked by Sentinels. Havok has a device implanted in him by Callahan that causes him to explode destroying the Sentinel

Callahan knocks on Emma's door surprised he can't blow her brains out. He opts for the hands on approach attacking with Sentinels. Warlox tries to stop them but gets his mind wiped by Hope in the process. Scott arrives. Him and Wolverine try to take down Callahan he orders Emma to have everyone cover them. Madrox dies in the process.

The X-Men reunite. Storm and Co dispense of the sentinels. Jean walks past Emma and Wolverine and kisses Scott.

Then the vote above happend
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 07-17-2019 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    So, wait...

spoilers:
    This guy brings Jamie back from the dead in the most convoluted manner possible... just to kill him off again? Cheese and biscuits...

I mean, I don't have much stake in this finale, save whether or not Elixir bit it. But that - plus Banshee - really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    So, wait...

spoilers:
    This guy brings Jamie back from the dead in the most convoluted manner possible... just to kill him off again? Cheese and biscuits...

I mean, I don't have much stake in this finale, save whether or not Elixir bit it. But that - plus Banshee - really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    end of spoilers
    Yes

spoilers:
    used as human shields, though I don't understand why Madrox prime had to be in that crowd
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Lol this issue is going to cause so much salt.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wonder if Rosenbae was given a list of mutants he had to eliminate to help set up Hickman...

I don't think so. As DoX spoilers:
    has Banshee alive
    end of spoilers

Also keep in mind danis comments in this issue

BANNED

Emma's face lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wonder if Rosenbae was given a list of mutants he had to eliminate to help set up Hickman...
    After reading the Hickman preview ,It looks like Rosenberg job was the make things bad. His job was to set up the status quo that humans really hate mutants now and mind wiping the planet is a good reason to be afraid of mutants. Also with all the deaths it is to eliminate thought process (for now) that they can live together in peace.

Also my guess I think he had list of people he couldn't kill and everyone else was fair game

I don't think they're related. In the interview pages Hickman says he will explain what happens to have them reach this point. So I think it will be a completely new incident that makes mutants become reclusive ive.

When he says we will be launching a completely new universe of x books I hope he doesn't mean alt reality

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't think they're related. In the interview pages Hickman says he will explain what happens to have them reach this point. So I think it will be a completely new incident that makes mutants become reclusive ive.

When he says we will be launching a completely new universe of x books I hope he doesn't mean alt reality
    You might be right but the Rosenberg stuff will probably be the root cause/start of the thing cause the change.

New Universe of books probably doesn't mean alt reality, We already see that so far it is rooted to earth in HoX, Powers of 10 though I wonder how he pulls it off without it being time travel

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    After reading the Hickman preview ,It looks like Rosenberg job was the make things bad. His job was to set up the status quo that humans really hate mutants now
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You might be right but the Rosenberg stuff will probably be the root cause/start of the thing cause the change.
    Hmm

Did they not hate mutants before?

Does setting up a “new” status quo require you to:
    • Crap all over Scott
    • Crap all over Emma
    • Flip the bird to Scemma and its fans?

Haven’t read the run - thank the Dark Lords - but, from what I can tell, it all seems like incredibly unnecessary and irredeemable nonsense.

The hatred Marvel has for this franchise is baffling.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Keep Rosenberg away from X Books