Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Well they can always create some contrivance for it not happen.
    A contrivance, you say, like, I don't know, Jean moving to another universe?

Mind you, Hickman's vision is not the same as the X-office in the last few years. Maybe he wants them together, maybe he doesn't.

Because Cyclops being a good person to Jean who he owes a lot because the girl has loved him a lot and even adopted his kids as her own is bad.
    He should be stuck on Morrison and being an ashole. I wonder if the people who think like this don't realize how bad wanted Cyclops to be like makes him look.
    Dude owes more Jean than to any other person, basic decency and morals would dictate that he treats her like a princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    A contrivance, you say, like, I don't know, Jean moving to another universe?

Mind you, Hickman's vision is not the same as the X-office in the last few years. Maybe he wants them together, maybe he doesn't.
    Moving to another universe is a giant contrivance, but marvel could use other types. Jean start seeing someone else and Scott get cold with Jean. Or Jean sees Scott awith Emma and gets out
    Marvel would never put these two without lots of drama

Does Kwannon appears in that issue?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Marvel would never put these two without lots of drama
    The vision of Marvel in the last few years was bringing everything to the status quo as much as possible- the X-men were living in a mansion teaching literally the same kids that had already graduated, Kitty and Colossus got back together, so did Rogue and Gambit (there was even the wedding shenanigans, but that was an attempt to steal DC's thunder; ironically, the two intended marriages didn't happened) and they also wanted Scott as boyscout (and of course, WRONG about everything). Scott and Jean getting together, and quickly, would have been natural (look how fast Rogue and Gambit got together once she was out of the X-office, and they don't have 1/5 of Scott and Jean's history).

But, like I said, if Hickman wanted them together at the start of the story, even if there was some drama, we would have being seeing said drama now in Uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Because Cyclops being a good person to Jean who he owes a lot because the girl has loved him a lot and even adopted his kids as her own is bad.
    Heh...no one is saying the opposite.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Can we please talk more about this issue? I feel that the shipping discussion always derails everything and not in the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Can we please talk more about this issue? I feel that the shipping discussion always derails everything and not in the best way.
    You're right. Hard to talk more without reading much, but this preview fills me with dread...

You're right. Hard to talk more without reading much, but this preview fills me with dread...
    What do you fear?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    What do you fear?
    How it feels like people dogging on Scott despite the situation literally being not his fault this time?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member

I am hoping that Banshee is still alive somehow. He needs a character arc, and to be restored.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    How it feels like people dogging on Scott despite the situation literally being not his fault this time?
    Ironically JDW and Rosenberg built the greatest monument for Rightclops ever- if he was written as aggressive and as competent as he was around 2007-2012, probably most heroes that died in this run would have been alive. Also, he would have an extra eye.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I am hoping that Banshee is still alive somehow. He needs a character arc, and to be restored.
    I totally agree, poor Sean has been a zombie way more than he should ever had. He needs to come back to life and be fully restored, not to die again.
    Dying, while being half dead, he deserved better.

Ironically JDW and Rosenberg built the greatest monument for Rightclops ever- if he was written as aggressive and as competent as he was around 2007-2012, probably most heroes that died in this run would have been alive. Also, he would have an extra eye.
    If literally anyone in this run from Uncanny 1 till now was competent, everything would be better.

Alex remembering than any mutant turning themselves into the government is a death sentence.
    Magik realizing the situation she's in.
    Emma doing LITERALLY ANYTHING OTHER THAN HOW SHE WAS WRITTEN
    Wi-Fi letting Scott out of the bunker

Any number of things.

BANNED

I had already suppressed the memory of Cyclops saving some rando instead of the X-Men and the galaxy brain reasoning that this proves that Kid Cabe and Cyclops are therefore Good People rather than Mutant Hitler.

Mighty Member

What was the message of this run again?

There's nothing inherently wrong with mutant powers. They're always good. Let's just sweep the possible cancer and bleeding to death under the rug in order to avoid having a nuanced discussion.

Democracy is an inefficient way to run an organization. It just leads to stupid runs.

Suicide is a good solution.

Doesn't matter if you fought an evil goddess on an island of zombies. Normal humans can do anything they put their mind to, including avoiding getting eaten.

Rosenberg shouldn't touch X-Men ever again.