Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Everything that has happened except Cyclops' team up with Champions has been a hallucination of Scott. That's why there he did not seem to be any problems with having only one eye. All the X-Men were a representation of Scott's sense of guilt.

And that's why none of the other X-Men except Logan appear in War of the Realms in other books, where everyone mentions that the 4F are the only heroes left in NY.

It is so stupid that it could be true.
    Havok and Multiple Man both show up in the Champions book

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Everything that has happened except Cyclops' team up with Champions has been a hallucination of Scott. That's why there he did not seem to be any problems with having only one eye. All the X-Men were a representation of Scott's sense of guilt.

And that's why none of the other X-Men except Logan appear in War of the Realms in other books, where everyone mentions that the 4F are the only heroes left in NY.
    Wait, so he spent the entire crossover standing around in an empty field and talking to himself except when the Champions teleported in? So... whoever's running the psychic show gave him a beard and bad hair for the sake of grimdark?

It is so stupid that it could be true.
    I had an horrible thought. Scott spent the entire run eating salad at that diner and Xavier has been sitting in front of him for the whole five minutes it took to run the sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Havok and Multiple Man both show up in the Champions book
    Ok, they are a psychic projection of Xavier.

Incredible Member

Well, there’s still hope for Banshee, then.

Astonishing Member

So it was all a dream....... well, um.. that's going to cause some problems

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So it was all a dream....... well, um.. that's going to cause some problems
    leaving this run as canon creates even more problems

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    leaving this run as canon creates even more problems
    I mean that wouldn't be the worst thing marvel did with the xmen or cause the most problems

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Wait, so he spent the entire crossover standing around in an empty field and talking to himself except when the Champions teleported in? So... whoever's running the psychic show gave him a beard and bad hair for the sake of grimdark?

I had an horrible thought. Scott spent the entire run eating salad at that diner and Xavier has been sitting in front of him for the whole five minutes it took to run the sim.
    Eating soup, like in the old days.

Giving Scott new levels of trauma just to show him how bad things would be for mutants if he tried running the show on his own again would be so in-character for X. I don't think it'll happen, but it'd almost make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I mean that wouldn't be the worst thing marvel did with the xmen or cause the most problems
    It creates more problems than undoing it. Leaving it as is is detrimental going forward whereas revealing it to be a dream doesnt really create much or any problems for the line

I actually think this is likely. Rosenberg has been using this run to wrap up alot of his plotpoints from his other books and X-related projects. X is the only significant thing that hasnt come up yet

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Giving Scott new levels of trauma just to show him how bad things would be for mutants if he tried running the show on his own again would be so in-character for X. I don't think it'll happen, but it'd almost make sense.
    Did not they do that once with Prodigy?

Did not they do that once with Prodigy?
    Kind of. Similar means and themes, but not quite the same goals on that one. Besides, pretty sure X-Writers get to trot out each of the telepathic mind-fuckery plots every fourteen years or so.

Probably going to happen, right?
    Yeah, Callahan separates them from Emma and we haven’t seen them in the facility at all. They probably had something horrifying done to them. Also I would be SHOCKED but also not really surprised if Emma didn’t use that opportunity to just shut Callahan’s mind off.

Kinda surprised the former hasn't happened. The latter would be hilarious in a 'why bother NOW?' kind of way.
    Everyone else just stands there while it happens like: “.......um anyways aren’t we supposed to be finding the X-Men?”

It would not make any sense that Elixir could be infected with the transmode virus so Rosenberg is likely to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It creates more problems than undoing it. Leaving it as is is detrimental going forward whereas revealing it to be a dream doesnt really create much or any problems for the line
    well it also makes the run a complete giant filler meteor

I actually think this is likely. Rosenberg has been using this run to wrap up alot of his plotpoints from his other books and X-related projects. X is the only significant thing that hasnt come up yet
    it is only missing Xavier from astonishing annual