Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    JDW was in the Cyclops thread and said this whole Scott situation wasn't going be to tackled again and then he made a Twitter poll on a related topic. I guess post Hickman it's over, but he clearly had one last issue to try and force us into thinking Cyclops is evil before they do what Marvel does best—ignore everything that they screwed up. But Summer fangirls don't forget. Some people move on. But not us. Not us.
    Really? I'd love to try and break it down for him, because i think he genuinely can't understand why everyone was team cyclops, and for the editor of the xbooks, that's worrying. Jason Aaron also came onto cbr during AVX and was super shocked how pro X-Men we were, which again, is pretty bizzare.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

JDW was in the Cyclops thread and said this whole Scott situation wasn't going be to tackled again and then he made a Twitter poll on a related topic. I guess post Hickman it's over, but he clearly had one last issue to try and force us into thinking Cyclops is evil before they do what Marvel does best—ignore everything that they screwed up. But Summer fangirls don't forget. Some people move on. But not us.
    Yeah, I dunno. I mean, would JDW show up just to drop a flat out lie that could be used against him? I'm still thinking he spoiled Xavier's involvement in some sort of "Ah ha, I dropped this mega clue, but those Cyclops fanboys/girls were so triggered they couldn't see it" kind of stunt.

Which would be way awesomer than the bizarre pettiness/cluelessness currently on display. A "Jerk move, but well played nonetheless, sir" kind of thing, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Really? I'd love to try and break it down for him, because i think he genuinely can't understand why everyone was team cyclops, and for the editor of the xbooks, that's worrying. Jason Aaron also came onto cbr during AVX and was super shocked how pro X-Men we were, which again, is pretty bizzare.
    The consumers and the company have two fundamentally different stance on the character. Unless the X-Office is shifted to someone who is pro-Cyclops, they're never gonna keel.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Yeah, I dunno. I mean, would JDW show up just to drop a flat out lie that could be used against him? I'm still thinking he spoiled Xavier's involvement in some sort of "Ah ha, I dropped this mega clue, but those Cyclops fanboys/girls were so triggered they couldn't see it" kind of stunt.

Which would be way awesomer than the bizarre pettiness/cluelessness currently on display. A "Jerk move, but well played nonetheless, sir" kind of thing, I suppose.
    We'll see come next week!

We'll see come next week!
    We sure will. Truth be told, there's also the "WTF has Xavier been up to all this time?" variable that no one seems to be addressing because the threads keep getting derailed, lol.

Firstly, would anyone want to follow this guy if he just cowered in the shadows while his former students were getting manipulated/slaughtered? Secondly, would Hickman seriously hinder the launch of HoX/PoX by investing time on a Xavier/Scott reunion instead of diving right into his narrative? Thirdly, Xavier going "Woah, woah, I've been psychically hiding the thought-to-be-dead mutants and/or torturing Scott for kicks, stop whining about Nate making you not get laid, I can't do everything, sheesh." would be freakin' hilariously.

Nah, that's just an urban myth relentlessly pushed by the "I want my B-Z lister to matter!" crowd.
    They want attention for those characters but don't want the problems and escrutiny that comes with popularity, they also believe it is going to last forever.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

We sure will. Truth be told, there's also the "WTF has Xavier been up to all this time?" variable that no one seems to be addressing because the threads keep getting derailed, lol.

Firstly, would anyone want to follow this guy if he just cowered in the shadows while his former students were getting manipulated/slaughtered? Secondly, would Hickman seriously hinder the launch of HoX/PoX by investing time on a Xavier/Scott reunion instead of diving right into his narrative? Thirdly, Xavier going "Woah, woah, I've been psychically hiding the thought-to-be-dead mutants and/or torturing Scott for kicks, stop whining about Nate making you not get laid, I can't do everything, sheesh." would be freakin' hilariously.
    I believe everything will be ignored and most reunions between characters than haven't seen each other for years are going to be rushed or off panel. It is sad but I don't think Hickman wants to waste time with that and instead he will jump straight into action.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I believe everything will be ignored and most reunions between characters than haven't seen each other for years are going to be rushed or off panel. It is sad but I don't think Hickman wants to waste time with that and instead he will jump straight into action.
    That's my point exactly. Uncanny would be addressing the Scott/Xavier and Emma/everyone (lol) reunions.

In, like, ten pages. Because the rest of the issue would be devoted to getting all the cheap shots they can possibly get at Scott and Emma before Savior!Hickman arrives.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

That's what I was thinking too. HOX / POX seems like it will have a lot going on with the status quo change. So I think any personal relationships will be glossed over until the characters land in their respective post-HOX / POX books.

That's my point exactly. Uncanny would be addressing the Scott/Xavier and Emma/everyone (lol) reunions.

In, like, ten pages. Because the rest of the issue would be devoted to getting all the cheap shots they can possibly get at Scott and Emma before Savior!Hickman arrives.
    No reunions. No relationships. First page of HoX #1 better be a double-page spread of a massive explosion with Prof. X coming out of it in his wheelchair which now has rocket boosters and back pegs where Wolverine, Cyclops and Jean are all standing on.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-12-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

No reunions. No relationships. First page of HoX #1 better be a double-page spread of a massive explosion with Prof. X coming out of it in his wheelchair which now has rocket boosters and back pegs where Wolverine, Cyclops and Jean are all standing on.
    It is weird because for example Scott and Xavier haven't seen each other for years and the last time they did was when Cyclops under the phoenix killed him, they seeing each other again should be something meaningful, something good, were they reconcile and apologize for their problems, they are after all teacher and student.

Jean, Logan and Scott even if there is no love drama are very significant for the others and haven't seen each other for a long time, all believing the other was dead. Imagine if you thought someone was dead and suddenly that person is alive, that should be huge too.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-12-2019 at 11:43 PM.

It is weird because for example Scott and Xavier haven't seen each other for years and the last time they did was when Cyclops under the phoenix killed him, they seeing each other again should be something meaingful, something good were they reconcile and apologize for their problems, they are after all teacher and student.

Jean, Logan and Scott even if there is no love drama are very significant for the others and haven't seen each other for a long time all believing the other was death. Imagine if you thought someone was dead and suddenly that person is alive, that should be huge too.
    If we look at the writers and the X-Office, it's not really Hickman's fault if he skips over it all because he didn't make Marvel come up with the past 6 months of ridiculous stories. They could've just had them all together and did another story rather than splitting them all up. The reunions will probably be done in the Omega and #22, so all of it, months of emotions will be compressed into 2 issues in one Wednesday...

BANNED

I don't imagine that we will get any of these long awaited reunions on panel but instead we got Blob loves Psylcoke and other nonsense.
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 07-13-2019 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    I don't imagine that will get any of these long awaited reunions on panel but instead we got Blob loves Psylcoke and other nonsense.
    She likes'em big, she likes'em chunky.

She likes'em big, she likes'em chunky.
    And they like them evil, Psychopaths are the new trend

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    And they like them evil, Psychopaths are the new trend
    Maybe they're the best in bed.