Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 705 of 845
  1. #691
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Hmm

    Did they not hate mutants before?

    Does setting up a “new” status quo require you to:
    • Crap all over Scott
    • Crap all over Emma
    • Flip the bird to Scemma and its fans?

    Haven’t read the run - thank the Dark Lords - but, from what I can tell, it all seems like incredibly unnecessary and irredeemable nonsense.

    The hatred Marvel has for this franchise is baffling.
    1.They hated mutants before but this sets up a reason for extreme hate, This is the difference between hey the cops kinda don't like Black People "hate" and After 9/11 anti muslim "hate". Yes you need to set up a reason for people to logic hate mutants to certain level because X-men and mutants have done good. For the X-men to be forever state extreme hate doesn't make sense so yes you have to set up these things because the X-men will save the world and less the hate.

    2. I have news for guys Marvel and writers don't care about yours ships way you guys do, When they set pen to paper to they don't go I wonder what Scemma fans are going to think. What I have learned from watching the Kardashians operate in the media Positive and Negative buzz are nearly the same if you can spin it right.

  2. #692
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Hmm

    Did they not hate mutants before?

    Does setting up a “new” status quo require you to:
    • Crap all over Scott
    • Crap all over Emma
    • Flip the bird to Scemma and its fans?

    Haven’t read the run - thank the Dark Lords - but, from what I can tell, it all seems like incredibly unnecessary and irredeemable nonsense.

    The hatred Marvel has for this franchise is baffling.
    Nah, it doesn't, but this is Rosenberg and JDW's personal fan fiction, in which Emma is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL because characters aren't allowed to progress after the 80's, and Scott was WROOOOOOOOOOOOOONG because previously the X-office dared to do something different with him.

  3. #693
    All-New Member Alphonse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    After reading the Hickman preview ,It looks like Rosenberg job was the make things bad. His job was to set up the status quo that humans really hate mutants now and mind wiping the planet is a good reason to be afraid of mutants. Also with all the deaths it is to eliminate thought process (for now) that they can live together in peace.

    Also my guess I think he had list of people he couldn't kill and everyone else was fair game
    Where’s the Hickman preview ?! Did I miss something ?🙏🏼🙌🏼

  4. #694
    Read Messiah Complex fsger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Hmm
    [*]Crap all over Scott[*]Crap all over Emma[*]Flip the bird to Scemma and its fans?
    Well, none of those things were necessary for scemma yet it happened because of it.
    It is only logical and funny that the same thing happened to scemma (they went easy on that thou)

  5. #695
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

    2. I have news for guys Marvel and writers don't care about yours ships way you guys do, When they set pen to paper to they don't go I wonder what Scemma fans are going to think. What I have learned from watching the Kardashians operate in the media Positive and Negative buzz are nearly the same if you can spin it right.
    Yeah, you're wrong in that they do care quite often- do you really think Guggenheim didn't care for Kitty and Colossus, for example?

  6. #696
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphonse View Post
    Where’s the Hickman preview ?! Did I miss something ?��������
    On comixology there is free 3 page previews for Hox and Pox ,plus some interviews with the creators

    https://www.comixology.com/House-of-...mVjZW50TGlzdDA
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-17-2019 at 04:54 AM.

  7. #697
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

    Also my guess I think he had list of people he couldn't kill and everyone else was fair game
    Except from the previews we know there's at least two characters he killed that are alive and well in HoX spoilers:
    Banshee and Sabretooth
    end of spoilers.

  8. #698
    Read Messiah Complex fsger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    279

    Default

    All that drama, at least Emma wasn't killed, as always the less deserving get a better treatment and complain.

  9. #699
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Except from the previews we know there's at least two characters he killed that are alive and well in HoX spoilers:
    Banshee and Sabretooth
    end of spoilers.
    I think we need to see other people because Lifeseed guy and Sinister clone guy.Are kinda of explainable why they are still around.

  10. #700
    Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Guys, Scemma ended in AvX.

    We got a rough but logical postmortem in Bendis’ Uncanny and thats all that was required.
    Meaning, none of this was necessary.
    Absolutely none of this was necessary.

    So, why make Emma obsessive? Why throw her under the bus over and over? Why the compulsive walking back of Rightclops?

    I’m sorry, but this Jott reunion sounds less about reuniting Scott and Jean and more about flipping Sc/Emma the bird. It smacks of pettiness.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

  11. #701
    Read Messiah Complex fsger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Guys, Scemma ended in AvX.

    We got a rough but logical postmortem in Bendis’ Uncanny and thats all that was required.
    Meaning, none of this was necessary.
    Absolutely none of this was necessary.

    So, why make Emma obsessive? Why throw her under the bus over and over? Why the compulsive walking back of Rightclops?

    I’m sorry, but this Jott reunion sounds less about reuniting Scott and Jean and more about flipping Sc/Emma the bird. It smacks of pettiness.
    That is why it rocks!!!

  12. #702
    Fantastic Member Maestro 216's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Before spoiler thread is this the worst X Men run?

  13. #703
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Guys, Scemma ended in AvX.

    We got a rough but logical postmortem in Bendis’ Uncanny and thats all that was required.
    Meaning, none of this was necessary.
    Absolutely none of this was necessary.

    So, why make Emma obsessive? Why throw her under the bus over and over? Why the compulsive walking back of Rightclops?

    I’m sorry, but this Jott reunion sounds less about reuniting Scott and Jean and more about flipping Sc/Emma the bird. It smacks of pettiness.
    Because, like I said many times (and he complained, even in X-positions), part of JDW has never really accepted that the X-men left 1985 (hence the "X-men can only be heroes, and Emma and Magneto aren't heroes" comment, which of course ignores trial of Magneto, him taking over the school, and stuff like all the decisively less than heroic stuff the X-men did around the Mutant Massacre and Outback eras). As for Emma specifically, it was clear that, without Hickman arriving, the X-office (and was that way since Paniccia, to be fair) would make her a full-blown villain eventually, and only really stopped before due to negative fan reaction.

    Mind you, me and some posters thought Death of X and IvX essentially ignored Scott and Emma weren't together anymore in Bendis' run and this did the same, so we have to assume they made up in the big time gaps that happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Before spoiler thread is this the worst X Men run?
    Too soon to say, but it's in the general ballpark.

  14. #704
    Read Messiah Complex fsger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Because, like I said many times (and he complained, even in X-positions), part of JDW has never really accepted that the X-men left 1985 (hence the "X-men can only be heroes, and Emma and Magneto aren't heroes" comment, which of course ignores trial of Magneto, him taking over the school, and stuff like all the decisively less than heroic stuff the X-men did around the Mutant Massacre and Outback eras). As for Emma specifically, it was clear that, without Hickman arriving, the X-office (and was that way since Paniccia, to be fair) would make her a full-blown villain eventually, and only really stopped before due to negative fan reaction.

    Mind you, me and some posters thought Death of X and IvX essentially ignored Scott and Emma weren't together anymore in Bendis' run and this did the same, so we have to assume they made up in the big time gaps that happened.



    Too soon to say, but it's in the general ballpark.
    The characters and stories have moved organically from rightclops and Morrison, which were 15 years ago. Not conspiracies, just development, Scott had the chance and was given enough common sense to meditate his actions and do the right thing.

  15. #705
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,800

    Default

    I hope this is all a prank and when I get home and read it myself it isn't as bad as it sounds.

    Just in case I want everyone who said that Chuck Austen sucked at X-Men to apologise.
    "Cable was right!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •