Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I have no idea what kind of point Dani was trying to make

What the hell did I just read? Does the writer even grasp this plot?
    I think it would have worked better if Dani had looked angry…
    She has lost her friends and is blaming Scott because he's there and was their chief…
    It doesn't need to make sense…
    But I agree it is bad written…

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I have no idea what kind of point Dani was trying to make

What the hell did I just read? Does the writer even grasp this plot?
    Trying to tell Uncle Scott he's going into an old folks home.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That she believed that when Scott said "This is extremely dangerous and we may die trying" she thought he was going to save them all and now she is disappointed because Scott was telling the truth.
    Scott was really being literal

Quote Originally Posted by marcofari View Post
    One of the worst runs ever. Really. I hated every single stupid and senseless death. Run written in a superficial and meaningless way putting together old concepts. I'm glad it's over and I really hope Rosenberg doesn't write any X-Men comics anymore. It looks like the story written by one in depression. Really a bad comic.
    I agree with you, Rosenberg's uncanny run has been horrible.

X-Force was a bit better (except the art, X-Force art was horrible), but there were things I didn't like, like leaving Rachel as a slave until the last two issues, and then she is so OP that she defeats everyone. I don't mind super powerful Rachel, but they could have woken her up sooner and have her work a bit to rescue everyone.

AoXM was kind of boring, there were some high points in a few issues but overall the event was a bit boring. Marvelous was supposed to be the core book and it was probably the worst of the bunch.

At least all the books are lining up with HoX's starting point.
    1. In X-Force Rachel is restored with a pretty massive power up, and she will probably fix some of the timeline issues - erase the memories of young Cable and Stryfe and their followers - put X-Force back in the present - bring older Cable back
    2. In Uncanny, the world has forgotten mutants exist, gives everyone some breathing room, I imaging that the Sentinels are still going to attack them before the end of the issue, and I will lay bets down that Callahan injected himself with the transmode virus so he could become a Sentinel.
    3. The AoXM people are about to return to the main reality again.

Uncanny leaves a lot of people dead, so I am not sure how that's going to change, at the very least I can't see them leaving Illyana dead, I honestly can't even see Sunspot and Rahne staying dead either, so I am not sure how that's going to get reset.

So yeah, I guess it mostly lines up with the beginning of HoX on July 22.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

He asks Alex if he's there to yell at him, too but...Dani doesn't seem angered or even emotionally out of control in those panels except at the very end when she runs off. In fact, it seems to be a very calm and controlled (though very contrived) conversation between the two. With Dani feeling more hurt and disappointed than angry-upset. Enh...

Larocca seems to have quite improved from the first issue.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-12-2019 at 08:09 AM.

I can see these characters staying dead for now, and then in Phase 1, Rosenberg gets a New Mutants book (or something) with the plot of bringing these characters back.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I can see these characters staying dead for now, and then in Phase 1, Rosenberg gets a New Mutants book (or something) with the plot of bringing these characters back.
    I hope not!
    I will be the first NOT to buy it.
    At this point Rosenberg has joined the unhallowed ranks of Fraction, Kittenheim, THAT writer, and Austen as writers whose books I'll never, ever buy/read again.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-12-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    To clarify, I'm not trying to stir **** up, or change people's views. This is my personal opinion and the way I have seen the character since starting to read comics. Since his possession by Apocalypse, Cyclops has been completely emotionally distant from everyone and not able to feel or develop deep personal connections. I believe he cares about people but only about as much as one would care for their favourite characters in a book. He has become a sociopath. I think Jean was an obsession and Maddy was Jean's double. After he merged with apocalypse, he had lost even more ability to connect with people. Emma helped him get over the shame he felt about it. He does not love her, but she is a good partner. Her personal ambition helped him realise his own ambition and become a strong leader for mutantkind. Not a great leader like Xavier and Jean, because they genuinely loved people, even with their fatal flaws.

Once again, this is my personal opinion. And later comment was me trying to let it down as a joke. This is the last I'll comment about this topic. I'm not going to become one of those people who fight on the internet just for the sake of it. Take it as you want.
    It's not an opinion: you are making a statement (Cyclops became a sociopath after being possessed by Apocalypse) which is OBJECTIVELY AND UNDENIABLY FALSE Not only because one suddenly doesn't just become a pschyopath, but because he's surrounded by telepaths- Emma, Jean, Cable, Rachel, Cuckoos, Xavier- all of whom care about him to some extent and would know. And anyone could post dozens of scans that would prove you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Lord, I hope not. He tried doing a carry-through arc with Dead Souls, and UXM was the result. I know Rosenberg is capable of better than this and he was undoubtedly dealing with elements beyond his control, but I still don't want to see him get another swing at any of these characters.

Yes, Rosenberg with Secret Warriors or Tales of Suspense has been much better than this. For now I want him away from X-Office.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That she believed that when Scott said "This is extremely dangerous and we may die trying" she thought he was going to save them all and now she is disappointed because Scott was telling the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I think it would have worked better if Dani had looked angry…
    She has lost her friends and is blaming Scott because he's there and was their chief…
    It doesn't need to make sense…
    But I agree it is bad written…
    Still not getting it (At this point I don't think anybody can)

Scott led the X-Men through several suicide missions successfully. A good writer is able to tell a good story using a character like Cyclops

This Uncanny Run is just a headache. First Scott is a bad guy for being the leader. Ok, no leader then. Lets all vote on the matter.

The end happens. Some wtf twist (I understand the result, but can't grasp how the hell it happened) from Emma, Sinister, etc. Scott has his eye shot off from braking up a fight and all this is his fault?

I understand its a comic book and every writer has their own visions. But things should make some sense at least in terms of pacing and story. This run was all over the place and under 22 issues.

Still not getting it (At this point I don't think anybody can)

Scott led the X-Men through several suicide missions successfully. A good writer is able to tell a good story using a character like Cyclops

This Uncanny Run is just a headache. First Scott is a bad guy for being the leader. Ok, no leader then. Lets all vote on the matter.

The end happens. Some wtf twist (I understand the result, but can't grasp how the hell it happened) from Emma, Sinister, etc. Scott has his eye shot off from braking up a fight and all this is his fault?

I understand its a comic book and every writer has their own visions. But things should make some sense at least in terms of pacing and story. This run was all over the place and under 22 issues.
    It would make a little sense that Scott's attitude infuriates Dani… because instead of showing her a modicum of compassion, he is going all philosophical on her. He doesn't even look at her. That her words go a bit further than her thoughts.
    It hasn't been drawn this way: Dani's attitude is dismissive but rather collected.

People give Dani some slack. She jwas imprisoned and infested with the TO virus for months only to be freed and almost immediately had to deal with ALL the valkyries being killed and then Roberto and Rahne, both of whom she was very close to. She's grieving and trying make sense of her life.

I don't think anyone is ragging on Dani. (I'm certainly not)
    In fact...I think the writer and the artist are the ones who are to blame for poorly writing and illustrating what should have otherwise been an important and meaningful conversation.

Wait, Dani was stanning scemma!!?
    What the hell Rosenberg, that makes absolutely no sense.