Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I didn't want anything romantic between Dani and Scott. He can have female friends, not everything is about romance.
    It’s still extremely offensive to assume Scott cares about no one else. How fucked.

He put the entire race on his back and carried them to safety by walking through glass and sitting in fire.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-11-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I do not remember Scott giving any orders in all this run that was responsible for the death of anyone. Like, Kurt in Second Coming? Yes, his call. Here? No one.

Strong Guy sacrificed himself. Banshee was killed in an ambush. Chamber was executing prisoners of war. Rahne made her decision. Sunspot was an idiot. Magik and Juggernaut were lost in a mission for which Dani voted in favor.
    And no one asked Juggernaut to run up to a potential threat and intentionally aggravate her.

"Scott, when you said this was probably a suicide mission, we thought you were kidding."
    Cyclops: We probably won’t survive. This is the last X-Men story.

Rest of the X-Men: *waiting on that “sike”*

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You got the gist of it. Rosenberg thinks if he launches a meta-comment, he can be excused of doing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It's like Thanos with the "I used the stones to destroy the stones".
    At first I thought this run would be super controversial after it ended, but I think after HOXPOX, it’ll just be a speck in the sand or whatever analogy fits. It tries to have a message but succumbs to said message by being the thing it complains about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I didn't want anything romantic between Dani and Scott. He can have female friends, not everything is about romance.
    You're out of luck on all fronts, boo. Apparently if the X-Men don't hate him, aren't disgusted by him or want to use him for personal validation like Alex, he doesn't mean anything.

Scott needs to leave these people.

You're out of luck on all fronts, boo. Apparently if the X-Men don't hate him, aren't disgusted by him or want to use him for personal validation like Alex, he doesn't mean anything.

Scott needs to leave these people.
    The X-Men are toxic and Scott should cut them out. Where the hell has Marvel taken the X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    "Scott, you lost a son (many times), a daughter, a wife (3 times the same one), a father figure, essentially all your friends, has been killed, had one of the worst psychopaths of all time in your head for months, was a guinea pig for Sinister when you were a kid, went mentally insane when you got the Phoenix against your will, has been hunted down by your government and rejected by your friends...but you have a chance to do it with Emma now, so your life is easy".
    Last time jean died, on the same day he was sleeping with Emma. So Dani is right to think he doesn't care that much about loss and just playing the victim

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    The X-Men are toxic and Scott should cut them out. Where the hell has Marvel taken the X-Men?
    To where some fans wanted, I suppose. Take this very thread, there are people who think Rosenberg is doing a good job because of how much they hate Scott LMAO

So, at least you can't say they aren't playing for a part of their audience. That's a good thing, I think.

God, it seems that some X-men and fans want Scott to jump over a bridge or something to show his suffering.

To where some fans wanted, I suppose. Take this very thread, there are people who think Rosenberg is doing a good job because of how much they hate Scott LMAO

So, at least you can't say they aren't playing for a part of their audience. That's a good thing, I think.
    Oh c'mon bro, is just one person here. The exact same one, everyone else so far is neutral or pissed.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

God, it seems that some X-men and fans want Scott to jump over a bridge or something to show his suffering.
    when you dislike a character, sadly just a little sadness or even suffering isn't enough. lol

I am indifferent to Scott personally. But I can recognize wanting a bad comeuppance for a character who has earned your annoyance / hatred.

Like some villains. They get their comeuppance, but sometimes it's disappointing because it wasn't gruesome enough. lol

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Like I said in another thread, Jason Aaron is the most damaging writer in the history of the X-men. It's because of him- and an editor that worked with him in Schism- Marvel jumped on this Cyclops was wrong narrative, and can't just let go. Even being forced to kill Wolverine due to the damage that was done to the character wasn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That makes zero sense either in the context of the story or outside of it. Unless Dani wants to spend sixteen panels explaining why Scott = Hitler. You can't spend issues bashing him for the evil he did when the audience still has no idea what evil he did.
    She isn't saying Scott is hittler, just that she feels like he treats everyone like a soldier.

It's a weird choice, like seems like it is missing something here.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    when you dislike a character, sadly just a little sadness or even suffering isn't enough. lol

I am indifferent to Scott personally. But I can recognize wanting a bad comeuppance for a character who has earned your annoyance / hatred.

Like some villains. They get their comeuppance, but sometimes it's disappointing because it wasn't gruesome enough. lol
    His ***** granddaughter shot him in the eye.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

And Rosenberg still wrote it like she was right.

Scottie, go back to the Champions. They respected you better, lol.

What adult team could he be with, honestly. His leadership would excel any team.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Sadly for some, that isn't enough. Trust me. I have no ill will on Scott. The worst I wish on him is that he want Jean back & she turns him down.

But with some, the hate / annoyance for certain characters is strong, even something like the above still isn't enough.

I wish much worse on characters I dislike. lol I just know I won't get it. So I try as best I can to avoid them...if possible.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-11-2019 at 05:20 PM.