Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354555657 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Wait so Cyclops is left with just one eye?
    I guess he'll just have it fixed by elixir between this and HoX

Cyclops is taking International Talk Like a Pirate Day very seriously this year.

Did Larroca forget that Emma shaved her head on the left side?

And what happened with the art in the middle? It's a shame the last issue had to be split betw two artists.

I liked this issue, and fortunately, I'd read Age of X-Man Omega first...

I will probably have to go back and read the whole run again, to really digest what happened, but why do the whole "Nobody will recognize we're mutants" only to reverse it a few issues later. I don't get that.

Looking forward to what's next!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post

I will probably have to go back and read the whole run again, to really digest what happened, but why do the whole "Nobody will recognize we're mutants" only to reverse it a few issues later. I don't get that.t!
    While they needed something to make humans hate mutants even more, my guess this specific thing was about making Emma look bad so Scott could run over to Jean.

But I'm sure he'll have two in Hickman's run; there's people that died here that will be alive there, so what's an eye?

Extraordinary Member

What an ending. Biggest X-Men story in a long time.

And I am not going to lie, whether or not I pick up HiXMen or anything Dawn of X all depends on whether or not that kiss goes somewhere.

I hate the inconsistency of that damn button that Callahan and his lackeys push to take away mutant powers. So does it kill mutants or not? It clearly killed Triage but Rosenberg ran on Twitter to say it didn’t. It turned Vanisher to goop. Callahan said it would kill Emma, but it didn’t KILL kill Illyana.

They didn’t do a damn thing, so dumb. And what did they do to you, #$&@ing Hope did that to you.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-17-2019 at 10:53 AM.

This run starting interesting, but the rest was just dissapointing, that Jott kiss is like the only thing about worth remembering and it basically gives the middle finger to Logan and Emma, considering what happened in Phoenix Resurrection and X-Men Red thid was hardly a surprise.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I hate the inconsistency of that damn button that Callahan and his lackeys push to take away mutant powers. So does it kill mutants or not? It clearly killed Triage but Rosenberg ran on Twitter to say it didn’t. It turned Vanisher to goop. Callahan said it would kill Emma, but it didn’t KILL kill Illyana.
    It depends on the organism of each mutant to be lethal

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    This run starting interesting, but the rest was just dissapointing, that Jott kiss is like the only thing about worth remembering and it basically gives the middle finger to Logan and Emma, considering what happened in Phoenix Resurrection and X-Men Red thid was hardly a surprise.
    I've been saying since these issues that Jott would get back together.

- Hey Rosenberg, X-men have to much characters, we need to clean the house for Hickman.
    - Ok, let me kill a lot of them.
    - You got the job.

...Rosenberg said after the finale, the reason behind everything that happened across the run, like the deaths, would be more clear... I don't see this at all on this issue? lool.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    - Hey Rosenberg, X-men have to much characters, we need to clean the house for Hickman.
    - Ok, let me kill a lot of them.
    - You got the job.
    Don't forget:

-How do you plan on undo the mess you create and put the toys back in the box for the biggest X-men story in years at least?
    - I don't, **** Hickman and **** the readers.
    -That's just what we need!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...Rosenberg said after the finale, the reason behind everything that happened across the run, like the deaths, would be more clear... I don't see this at all on this issue? lool.
    He will clear it on twitter like a good writer would.

I keep forgetting this isn’t a spoiler thread. But I mean, does it matter at this point? Anyway, we know from Dani that everyone who’s died is gonna return but how? I can only imagine that Multiple Man, Astonishing, Dead Souls and other minis were sort of “window dressing”/“faux” character returns and those characters’ real reintroductions will be a part of some massive moment in Hickman’s HOX. That way, we aren’t stuck with “bartender” Jamie or undead Banshee or M-Pox-infected Sunspot (Rosenberg ignored it but still).

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It depends on the organism of each mutant to be lethal
    So Callahan was just speaking out of his ass and wasn’t even sure if it would kill her or not.
    Last edited by Tycon; 07-17-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It goes back to issue #11. When Cyclops is searching for the X-Men and Blindfold tells him "they" are dead, it was not the X-Men (who Ben Urich confirms in the next scene) that she was referring to, it was the mutants that Cyclops would lead in this "last X-Men story." He has Scott point this out in this issue.

Unless you were looking for some reversal of the deaths, or some meaning for it other than part of the ongoing mutant struggle against hatred.