Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I've said it before, Rosenberg writes Hope as "female/teenager Frank Castle". I can almost believe he either mixes up a bit of the scripts or just wants to write Frank so badly, that doing so in his book isn't enough, and he has to change other characters to become like him.
    Frank Castle as a teenager girl sounds like a great parody though, shame that this isn't one
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-14-2019 at 02:22 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Teen Cable should never have existed. Still mindblowing that was greenlit.
    Yeah, looks like a bad fanfic was greenlit

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah, looks like a bad fanfic was greenlit
    Bad fanfic is what X-Office does best. Look at Uncanny. Lol

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Teen Cable should never have existed. Still mindblowing that was greenlit.
    It's not just the fact he's Teen Cable, is that the first he does when he's introduced is MURDER CABLE because he's "gone soft" and then he's supposed to headline a book with the original X-force team clearly designed to appeal to nostalgia; how the hell did anyone think that would please the fans? And even the one good thing he did (resurrecting Cyclops) was done as an afterthought, it wasn't even in the original pitch, and even then he behaves like a psychopath in that Annual.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's not just the fact he's Teen Cable, is that the first he does when he's introduced is MURDER CABLE because he's "gone soft" and then he's supposed to headline a book with the original X-force team clearly designed to appeal to nostalgia; how the hell did anyone think that would please the fans? And even the one good thing he did (resurrecting Cyclops) was done as an afterthought, it wasn't even in the original pitch, and even then he behaves like a psychopath in that Annual.
    This is what the fans want: alt universe characters, old spandex and lots of kissing. Storytelling is a tertiary concern.

This is what the fans want: alt universe characters, old spandex and lots of kissing. Storytelling is a tertiary concern.
    Not only that, they want alternate universe characters that murder their favorites and then steal their places in the team.

BANNED

Not only that, they want alternate universe characters that murder their favorites and then steal their places in the team.
    On that note, all the focus on Rosenberg could make us forget that Brisson needs to be banned from X-books too.

Every time I remember that Marvel tries to make us like a character that killed the real Cable and that he had kidnapped Cyclops to set up a trap in which he would release a supervillain to attack a family, it gives me a silly laugh. In other words, who thinks it's a good idea to say: "Look, you could try to save the X-men or these random ones that I've put myself in danger unnecessarily."

Mighty Member

Circular storytelling is what the X-men do best.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Eh, Kid Cable is not that bad, the only dumb thing is the way he was introduced by killing himself but otherwise I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Every time I remember that Marvel tries to make us like a character that killed the real Cable and that he had kidnapped Cyclops to set up a trap in which he would release a supervillain to attack a family, it gives me a silly laugh. In other words, who thinks it's a good idea to say: "Look, you could try to save the X-men or these random ones that I've put myself in danger unnecessarily."
    And remember that less a month ago, JDW was retweeting an article about how that issue was a big redemption for Scott and proving he was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Eh, Kid Cable is not that bad, the only dumb thing is the way he was introduced by killing himself but otherwise I like him.
    I think putting a family in danger by pointing their address to a supervillain with motivation to kill them was also pretty dumb.

Cyclops should have grabbed him by the ear and forced Cable to go save the family while he was going to help with Nate Grey situation.

I think putting a family in danger by pointing their address to a supervillain with motivation to kill them was also pretty dumb.
    Yes, it was but the character is still Cable, just younger but I understand if some don't like it. I just don't think he is that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Cyclops should have grabbed him by the ear and forced Cable to go save the family while he was going to help with Nate Grey situation.
    But then he would have ended in the AU and everything that is happening on the real world would be even worse. Give Scott's own efforts some credit.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    She learned from her second daddy.
    Good on him she turned out to be a strong young lady.