Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I'm curious to whom this was addressed. Scott fans hate this because he is fatally written, the rest also hate this because Scott is the protagonist. Unless you have a fetish to see how everyone hates Scott, I do not see who this is for.
    I like Scott. I don`t like this story and don`t like how he is written. This story is his show. Yes, it is a bad show but it is his show. All this is not his fault and has nothing to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I like Scott. I don`t like this story and don`t like how he is written. This story is his show. Yes, it is a bad show but it is his show. All this is not his fault and has nothing to do with him.
    Sorry, I mean the comic itself. This annoys both fans and haters of Scott because they both hate it equally.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Why the hell so many of you still engage, I can't understand for the life of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Ok man, this is just getting silly as hell.

Seriously people, haven't you learned your lesson regarding Spirit and Scott in the same sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    Cyclops wantonly hazarding Surge and Hellion's lives during that particular incident is unforgivable and repugnant. The circumstances don't exonerate, absolve or justify what he did because what he did was disgusting. If he was this great leader during that period, surely he could have devised a strategy to resolve that incident without remorselessly endangering the lives of innocent teenagers/former colleagues and actively inhibiting the intervention of other X-Men personnel in that incident just so that he could keep X-Force a secret.

In any case whilst the writing of this run has been questionable to say the least, there's a precedent behind Dani's statement because the X-Men always nauseatingly find themselves revolving around the tired trifecta of Cyclops, Wolverine and Jean in some way shape or form.
    And that's the thing.
    Because rosenberg is doing the same thing with his stories.The first 5-7 pages we're talking about this.

BANNED

Why the hell so many of you still engage, I can't understand for the life of me.

Seriously people, haven't you learned your lesson regarding Spirit and Scott in the same sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    This video explains it (and most of the run)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqv_LUStxDw
    Oh,thank you!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I said the past decade, so basically Utopia/Schism onward when Emma began to take a backseat in the relationship to Scott's devotion to the mutant cause. The Morrison and Whedon eras were well over a decade ago. It may not seem like it, but it's been years since Scemma's prime ended and it all started to swing in Scott's direction. Basically, the 2000s were more of a Scott/Emma story, but the 2010s were more of a Scott/Logan/Jean story, and that's why Dani didn't include Emma.
    How so?After AvX Scott is hardly there.All Scott presence in X-books revolve around "He is evil".
    While Emma had more stories with IvX,DoX,Secret Empire.Maybe not much but she has more impact on X-men than Scott.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    I really like that dialogue between Scott and Dani. Very well written!
    How so? Not being sarcastic, here. "Dani" is complaining about Cyclops circa 2011, not the guy's who's been around for the past few months.

I hope after HOX POX there won`t be any 1 character show team books. Enough of this hiden solos with supporting cast.
    Out of curiosity, do you not think it's kind of funny that Dani would whine about that very thing given how she brought up the idea of the X-Commitee and how the entire team voted against Scott last issue? I'd bring up that WotR mini, but nobody canonically cares.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 07-12-2019 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Sorry, I mean the comic itself. This annoys both fans and haters of Scott because they both hate it equally.
    Ath this point I think it was just for people who wanted Uncanny title back. Before it was announced people were asking for Uncanny to return no matter what will be inside.

Ath this point I think it was just for people who wanted Uncanny title back. Before it was announced people were asking for Uncanny to return no matter what will be inside.
    They should not have used the monkey's paw.

Spectacular Member

I... Actually like what Dani said. The problem with Scott and the reason I didn't like Utopia was that he treated everything as his personal war, Jean and Logan as his rival generals and the rest of the X-Men as his personal army. I agreed with some things he did and said and I agreed with him over the Phoenix stance, still do. Scott is a good field leader and strategist, but he does not love others. He cares about goals, he cares about the future, but he does not care about any individual. Even Emma. He does not actually love her. He never loved Jean. He never loved Maddy. They were always just supporting players in his theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    I... Actually like what Dani said. The problem with Scott and the reason I didn't like Utopia was that he treated everything as his personal war, Jean and Logan as his rival generals and the rest of the X-Men as his personal army. I agreed with some things he did and said and I agreed with him over the Phoenix stance, still do. Scott is a good field leader and strategist, but he does not love others. He cares about goals, he cares about the future, but he does not care about any individual. Even Emma. He does not actually love her. He never loved Jean. He never loved Maddy. They were always just supporting players in his theatre.
    This is an absolutely insane take, but I’ll respect it because we should have some.

he only loves his bed and his momma, i'm sorry
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Uh, I didn't get Dani's Point here.

Can anyone enlighten me???
    My impression is that Dani is grieving and she is angry: two of her close friends have died and Scott is talking about squirrels.
    She isn't necessarily very logical, she has the impression that Scott doesn't care…

Or maybe she knows that Scott, as one of the main X-men characters, will never definitively die contrary to others that can be used as cannon fodders by the writers…

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Not only you are objectively and undeniably wrong, because we literally have people that read minds that said he loved people, including them (also hundreds of issues in which he says so), this has nothing do with what happened in this run. Also, Dani was very much team Scott all the way (not that Rosenberg cares about continuity not written by him, mind you).

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Sooo Hickman's run is supposed to change everything. They said the same thing about his Fantastic Four run... and they all disappeared in the end. Think it'll happen to the X-Men?
    No they didn't. Reed, Sue, and the Future Foundation disappeared at the end of Secret Wars, not his F4 run. There was another writer on F4 while Hickman was writing Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman