Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Emma was right

I love all the replies I received on my question

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    I love all the replies I received on my question
    The Blindfold suicide thingy? Meh, she obviously couldn't deal with the whole "Hey, let's make white folks forget about institutionalized discrimination/oppression and non-whites altogether so that non-whites can live happier/safer lives and wear white faces until the end of time, someone give me my Nobel prize already, you're welcom... Holy crap, they figured it out and now they want to kill us aaallll!" thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I don’t get why Dani didn’t also say that this has a mostly been a Scott and Emma story.
    Probably because Emma's story for the past decade has basically revolved around Scott but not vice versa. Take out Scott, and Emma's life (and the X-Men's in general) would be completely different, but take out Emma, and Scott's story over the past several years would still essentially have been the same.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Probably because Emma's story for the past decade has basically revolved around Scott but not vice versa. Take out Scott, and Emma's life (and the X-Men's in general) would be completely different, but take out Emma, and Scott's story over the past several years would still essentially have been the same.
    That depends heavily on how you feel about Here Comes Tomorrow. Also Emma saved the team at least twice over the decade, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Nonsense. Scott's growth as a character would not have been possible without Emma. Scott's evolution to saviour of mutantkind was because of her tutelage. He was one of the best students

Emma's evolution to hero was not because of Scott though. Emma's growth as a main X-Men was slow. Which is where the writing became problematic. But actual story telling for all characters were reduced save a few writers.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 07-11-2019 at 10:29 PM.

I'm glad Rosenberg is making use of Dani (I guess) but...this was a strange exchange.

The commentary about the Scott show is odd since a lot of his cast were cannon fodder/"supporting characters", including the bizarre crap Dani just took on Scott (while looking peaceful? was that intentional?).

This is so bad.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

@Godlike:

LMAO. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I'm glad Rosenberg is making use of Dani (I guess) but...this was a strange exchange.

The commentary about the Scott show is odd since a lot of his cast were cannon fodder/"supporting characters", including the bizarre crap Dani just took on Scott (while looking peaceful? was that intentional?).

This is so bad.
    Still thinking it's Xavier in drag messing with Scott.

But then again, that's just me assuming the x-office knows better than to go through a "Full erasure of a minority for its own good" plotline.

Mighty Member

I thought I remember reading that soldier line before andnso I went back and checked, and I did.

Armor basically makes the same speech whilst in despair in AoA. However, Bishop rebuts that line of thinking and manages to convince Armor that that way of seeing things isn't true.

So I'm wondering if Rosenberg is doing the same thing again to undercut it again.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That depends heavily on how you feel about Here Comes Tomorrow. Also Emma saved the team at least twice over the decade, so there's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Nonsense. Scott's growth as a character would not have been possible without Emma. Scott's evolution to saviour of mutantkind was because of her tutelage. He was one of the best students

Emma's evolution to hero was not because of Scott though. Emma's growth as a main X-Men was slow. Which is where the writing became problematic. But actual story telling for all characters were reduced save a few writers.
    I said the past decade, so basically Utopia/Schism onward when Emma began to take a backseat in the relationship to Scott's devotion to the mutant cause. The Morrison and Whedon eras were well over a decade ago. It may not seem like it, but it's been years since Scemma's prime ended and it all started to swing in Scott's direction. Basically, the 2000s were more of a Scott/Emma story, but the 2010s were more of a Scott/Logan/Jean story, and that's why Dani didn't include Emma.

I really like that dialogue between Scott and Dani. Very well written!

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I thought I remember reading that soldier line before andnso I went back and checked, and I did.

Armor basically makes the same speech whilst in despair in AoA. However, Bishop rebuts that line of thinking and manages to convince Armor that that way of seeing things isn't true.

So I'm wondering if Rosenberg is doing the same thing again to undercut it again.
    A certain editor was always extremely critical of Scott and the militarization of the X-Men.

I hope after HOX POX there won`t be any 1 character show team books. Enough of this hiden solos with supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I hope after HOX POX there won`t be any 1 character show team books. Enough of this hiden solos with supporting cast.
    I'm curious to whom this was addressed. Scott fans hate this because he is fatally written, the rest also hate this because Scott is the protagonist. Unless you have a fetish to see how everyone hates Scott, I do not see who this is for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Why the hell so many of you still engage, I can't understand for the life of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Ok man, this is just getting silly as hell.

Seriously people, haven't you learned your lesson regarding Spirit and Scott in the same sentence.
    Well, I learnt.
    His/her argument are just too silly to engage.