Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    I... Actually like what Dani said. The problem with Scott and the reason I didn't like Utopia was that he treated everything as his personal war, Jean and Logan as his rival generals and the rest of the X-Men as his personal army. I agreed with some things he did and said and I agreed with him over the Phoenix stance, still do. Scott is a good field leader and strategist, but he does not love others. He cares about goals, he cares about the future, but he does not care about any individual. Even Emma. He does not actually love her. He never loved Jean. He never loved Maddy. They were always just supporting players in his theatre.
    I mean, as long as you never read absolutely any comics with Cyclops on them except for Gillen's Uncanny and AvX, this post is pretty close to the truth. Other than that, nope. This is one of those rare occasions where the phrase OBJECTIVELY WRONG actually works, which is amazing.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I... Actually like what Dani said. The problem with Scott and the reason I didn't like Utopia was that he treated everything as his personal war, Jean and Logan as his rival generals and the rest of the X-Men as his personal army. I agreed with some things he did and said and I agreed with him over the Phoenix stance, still do. Scott is a good field leader and strategist, but he does not love others. He cares about goals, he cares about the future, but he does not care about any individual. Even Emma. He does not actually love her. He never loved Jean. He never loved Maddy. They were always just supporting players in his theatre.
    This is some bad take no jutsu I ain't gonna lie.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This is some bad take no jutsu I ain't gonna lie.
    It's amazing the lengths people will go to create fancanon that directly contradicts 56 years of comics.

Spectacular Member

I guess people love their sociopaths...

I don't like Scott that much, but even i know than that word doesn't suit him...at all.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

I mean, if the best you have to offer is headcanon and then a reductive statement to pretend you're right, I won't push further. Have fun.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Aww, come on, peeps. I know folks are pissed/thrilled, but there's no way this isn't Xavier in psychic drags screwing with Scott and making sure he's serious about becoming the anti-RightClops, right?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, these characters have been written by different people for years so some stories make them look like saints and some stories make them look like c*nts. Peter Parker, Medusa, Reed Richards, T'Challa, Namor and others have gone through the same thing. This "sociopath" nonsense can't work if one day you wake up and there are stories where Cletus Kassidy is Mister Rogers.
    "Cable was right!"

I think Emma and Jean would realize if Scott did not love them.

Because they are telepaths and that.

It is literally their superpower to know those things.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I mean, if the best you have to offer is headcanon and then a reductive statement to pretend you're right, I won't push further. Have fun.
    To clarify, I'm not trying to stir shit up, or change people's views. This is my personal opinion and the way I have seen the character since starting to read comics. Since his possession by Apocalypse, Cyclops has been completely emotionally distant from everyone and not able to feel or develop deep personal connections. I believe he cares about people but only about as much as one would care for their favourite characters in a book. He has become a sociopath. I think Jean was an obsession and Maddy was Jean's double. After he merged with apocalypse, he had lost even more ability to connect with people. Emma helped him get over the shame he felt about it. He does not love her, but she is a good partner. Her personal ambition helped him realise his own ambition and become a strong leader for mutantkind. Not a great leader like Xavier and Jean, because they genuinely loved people, even with their fatal flaws.

Once again, this is my personal opinion. And later comment was me trying to let it down as a joke. This is the last I'll comment about this topic. I'm not going to become one of those people who fight on the internet just for the sake of it. Take it as you want.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Awww. That's no fun. I was going to ask about your opinion on the X-Men who spent a whole year doing nothing while mutantkind choked to death, launched a sneak attack on a civilian settlement, threw a bunch of POWs in hell and couldn't be bothered to provide aforementioned POWs with adequate security because they were too busy annoying Forge and glaring at a Cyclops stand-in.

To clarify, I'm not trying to stir shit up, or change people's views. This is my personal opinion and the way I have seen the character since starting to read comics. Since his possession by Apocalypse, Cyclops has been completely emotionally distant from everyone and not able to feel or develop deep personal connections. I believe he cares about people but only about as much as one would care for their favourite characters in a book. He has become a sociopath. I think Jean was an obsession and Maddy was Jean's double. After he merged with apocalypse, he had lost even more ability to connect with people. Emma helped him get over the shame he felt about it. He does not love her, but she is a good partner. Her personal ambition helped him realise his own ambition and become a strong leader for mutantkind. Not a great leader like Xavier and Jean, because they genuinely loved people, even with their fatal flaws.

Once again, this is my personal opinion. And later comment was me trying to let it down as a joke. This is the last I'll comment about this topic. I'm not going to become one of those people who fight on the internet just for the sake of it. Take it as you want.
    Again, Jean and Emma know perfectly well Scott's feelings. To imply that they decided to be with him even knowing that he did not love them, is, wow, the worst. They are telepaths, in this specific case we can not even discuss it. Jean and Emma would know if Scott is a sociopath. There is no ambiguity possible.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I have no idea what kind of point Dani was trying to make

What the hell did I just read? Does the writer even grasp this plot?

All-New Member

Default One of the worst run ever

One of the worst runs ever. Really. I hated every single stupid and senseless death. Run written in a superficial and meaningless way putting together old concepts. I'm glad it's over and I really hope Rosenberg doesn't write any X-Men comics anymore. It looks like the story written by one in depression. Really a bad comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I have no idea what kind of point Dani was trying to make

What the hell did I just read? Does the writer even grasp this plot?
    That she believed that when Scott said "This is extremely dangerous and we may die trying" she thought he was going to save them all and now she is disappointed because Scott was telling the truth.