Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

This preview is hilariously bad. How is this Scott's fault? He literally said he would back away from leadership and they could vote on what they wanted to do. Dani is acting high and mighty too. nothing would ahve been different with her in charge. more people might have died i suppose. Scott tried to help and save everyone. he was manipulated, as was everyone else, into going after a list of terrorists. This whole arc has been weird. Bring on Hickman please

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    This preview is hilariously bad. How is this Scott's fault? He literally said he would back away from leadership and they could vote on what they wanted to do. Dani is acting high and mighty too. nothing would ahve been different with her in charge. more people might have died i suppose. Scott tried to help and save everyone. he was manipulated, as was everyone else, into going after a list of terrorists. This whole arc has been weird. Bring on Hickman please
    After much thought on the study...about ten minutes....I have come to the conclusion that this is totally Scotts fault.
    Scott should have just taken charge from the beginning. Instead we got a Scott who was afraid to make the big decisions for the team. Even going so far as to have a committee so they could vote on the matter. Knee jerk decisions that were blamed on the fact that the X-team didnt have a psychic in their midst. How do the Avengers get away with it...hardly any mind readers in the group?!!! Makes you wonder. Tony Stark must have some bad ass technology. You cant even mind rape them when they are in the bathroom!
    Could this be explained because Scott just came back from the dead? Along with an "awakening" by the Phoenix in order to talk to his revived wife? Maybe. If Rosenberg wanted to portray a Scott that was indecisive and hesitant then he did a good job. Superb writing.
    This whole arc for me has been rushed and unfulfilling. Maybe because I know that Hickman is coming and will be putting his own spin on things and so it feels that the last 6 months dont mean a thing even though the authors of these stories keep telling us they will.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Maybe because I know that Hickman is coming and will be putting his own spin on things and so it feels that the last 6 months dont mean a thing even though the authors of these stories keep telling us they will.
    This is the biggest question. Will it matter? Current writers, some fans and JDW keep saying it matters, but the past interviews from JDW and Hickman himself gave off the impression that they simply won't.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

After much thought on the study...about ten minutes....I have come to the conclusion that this is totally Scotts fault.
    Scott should have just taken charge from the beginning. Instead we got a Scott who was afraid to make the big decisions for the team. Even going so far as to have a committee so they could vote on the matter. Knee jerk decisions that were blamed on the fact that the X-team didnt have a psychic in their midst. How do the Avengers get away with it...hardly any mind readers in the group?!!! Makes you wonder. Tony Stark must have some bad ass technology. You cant even mind rape them when they are in the bathroom!
    Could this be explained because Scott just came back from the dead? Along with an "awakening" by the Phoenix in order to talk to his revived wife? Maybe. If Rosenberg wanted to portray a Scott that was indecisive and hesitant then he did a good job. Superb writing.
    This whole arc for me has been rushed and unfulfilling. Maybe because I know that Hickman is coming and will be putting his own spin on things and so it feels that the last 6 months dont mean a thing even though the authors of these stories keep telling us they will.
    If this is what the realization is for Scott, then by all means, I'm impressed. On the other hand, I still have my doubts, especially since everyone else was portrayed pretty badly.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Scott should have Agent Smith'd and formed an armada of Scotts to save mutantkind. Ask the Avengers for some suits and shades, and just go to town. The "F-The-X-Men."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Scott should have Agent Smith'd and formed an armada of Scotts to save mutantkind. Ask the Avengers for some suits and shades, and just go to town. The "F-The-X-Men."
    AN army of Scotts would be a dangerous thing. And amazing.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    AN army of Scotts would be a dangerous thing. And amazing.
    Government preparing for an Area 51 raid

Government when they learn a hundred Scotts are coming to eye-punch Area 51 and destroy all vaccines

Comic Geek in General

Calling it now, Scott broods for half the issue, contemplates running to Alaska again, maybe has a argument with Wolverine that gets interrupted , perhaps has a Final Boss Fight with some out of left field threat they forgot about (Bastion, Lang, Hodge, Jack of Diamonds, Red Queen.......Bonus of End Boss reveals some deep, long game they’ve been playing against the X-Men and Cyclops in particular ), takes a injury that would kick the Phoenix Cage into overdrive that would heal his eye (perhaps while Threat thinks it’s won) the rest of the Team (Missing Team Members, MI 13 which does have Mutants, Alpha Flight which one would think protected themselves from Mental Attacks thanks to Shaman and Talisman, X-Force, Rogue and Gambit) arrive and throws the threat off balance while Cyclops finally takes charge and starts calling rapid fire tactics then we get the big reunions........nah, sounds too competent for the current X Office.......

- perhaps Rosenberg is really depressed and we all should be worried about him
    - perhaps this Cyclops we see in Uncanny is still dead and the entire run from issue 11 onward is him living his own personal literal hell
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Summers' Ladder would be so sick, brah.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I've said it before, I'll say it again. That's Xavier screwing with Cyclops. RightClops is the run's "villain". Xavier keeps throwing random depressing/traumatizing crap at Scott to see if he's truly committed to being a good boy from now on. Maybe Emma's part of the test, too, come to think of it. Mmm. Her miserably failing would probably explain why she's still an X-Man, but nowhere near Xavier's inner circle.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    What was the message of this run again?
    Is there a message? The primary objective isn't entertainement?
    The end, as far I can tell, is unsatisfactory… So what? Scott uses his power and no human will see the red light?

In real life, you cannot except dead people to come back to life again. So is Dany angry because Scott came back and not her friends in that little paradise Emma has created where everything should be perfect?
    Anyway, the mutants seem no more hunted no more feared and yet they are totally depressed? Shouldn't they be a bit happy?

Democracy is an inefficient way to run an organization. It just leads to stupid runs.
    It's difficult to call what they had democracy… it had no structure. Even in democracies, some people have responsabilities.

Suicide is a good solution.
    Poor Ruth… She had the gift to know the future, it's not our case. Maybe the message is: it's painful and hopeless to know your future.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    - perhaps Rosenberg is really depressed and we all should be worried about him
    - perhaps this Cyclops we see in Uncanny is still dead and the entire run from issue 11 onward is him living his own personal literal hell
    Sometimes I'm honestly worried he went through a heavy loss that no one knows about, and his writing suffered for it. It happened once to a big name writer. Who knows.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Like I said, Rosenberg and JDW came up with the best defense of Rightclops of all time. It's just the opposite of what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Like I said, Rosenberg and JDW came up with the best defense of Rightclops of all time. It's just the opposite of what they wanted.
    Hard to tell what they wanted.
    But Scott Summers indeed looks like a martyr. It's even worse without an eye.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe