Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 845
  1. #46
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    I’m not seeing enough hate for Kitty Pryde during all this, for my liking! She treated him like crap a lot, too.
    Admiral of a fleet of ships—relationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Matthew Malloy arc was definitely one of the most terrible things written... but we also know that had a lot to do with editorial forcing Bendis to leave with #600 and him having to turn a 5 issue arc into a 10 issue arc as a result of that and then undoing the whole thing. Not sure what this run's excuse is.
    There are definitely comparisons to be made between Bendis's Malloy story and Rosenberg's current Uncanny. I'm willing to bet history will be about as kind to this run as it is to Bendis's.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  3. #48
    Sad & Brazilian PrezValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    rEsEaRcH iS fOr NeRdS

    Bendis' Scott was pretty good for its time and absolutely off the charts compared to Rosenberg's version.

    The worst part is that Rosenberg kind of writes Scott as someone who only sees his peers as soldiers, which is consistent only with, you guessed, Aaron's take. The "underdog" thing doesn't even work because Scott is just bashed from all sides, by Logan, by Alex, by Hope and now Dani and there's no nuance to the way he's written, he doesn't show any range of emotions, he's just taking it and letting it slide. And we're talking about a character who tried to kill himself fighting just 11 issues ago, but we're supposed to support whoever got to talk shit about him in the current issue LMAO
    Hunting's no fun when your prey doesn't move.

  4. #49
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I’m not seeing enough hate for Kitty Pryde during all this, for my liking! She treated him like crap a lot, too.
    She wasn't Jason Aaron's personal mouth piece to express how EVIL and HORRIBLE and EVVVVVILLLLL Scott was. Those would be Bobby, Hank, and Ororo.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  5. #50
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,068

    Default

    When your argument is "Scott Summers has not suffered as much as the others" then, uh ...

    Who can be more fucked in that world? Matt Murdock, maybe?

  6. #51
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I’m not seeing enough hate for Kitty Pryde during all this, for my liking! She treated him like crap a lot, too.
    Because she joined his side.

  7. #52
    Fantastic Member Maestro 216's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    409

    Default

    *Jean pops up and learns what happened with Scott and mutants*

    Goddamn it Emma!

  8. #53
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Bendis' Scott was pretty good for its time and absolutely off the charts compared to Rosenberg's version.

    The worst part is that Rosenberg kind of writes Scott as someone who only sees his peers as soldiers, which is consistent only with, you guessed, Aaron's take. The "underdog" thing doesn't even work because Scott is just bashed from all sides, by Logan, by Alex, by Hope and now Dani and there's no nuance to the way he's written, he doesn't show any range of emotions, he's just taking it and letting it slide. And we're talking about a character who tried to kill himself fighting just 11 issues ago, but we're supposed to support whoever got to talk shit about him in the current issue LMAO
    "Guy who can't stop self-loathing" is Bendis' specialty.

  9. #54
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    "Guy who can't stop self-loathing" is Bendis' specialty.
    Which means Rosey took the worst aspects of Jason Aaron's run (all of it), and combined it with the worst aspects of Bendis's run. Charming.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  10. #55
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    "Guy who can't stop self-loathing" is Bendis' specialty.
    His Daredevil is pretty much 50 issues of that.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  11. #56
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    No, she's saying that he should check his privilege because he hasn't lost as much/has more than her and others, so he should stop bumming around on a bench, in his underwear, feeding birds when he could be living that life, which is almost valid, except for

    A. She's kinda vague about it and seems more interested in guilting him than helping him because she's pissed, which might be unintentional on the R's part
    B. Emma might still have that awful haircut, so why would he go back to her
    C. Havok agrees with her, the death knell of any argument
    D. Scott's one true love, Hank, has been lost to the Nate hole

    I like those first two pages, though.
    Scott actually lost a son, a daughter (if you count Rachel) and every friend he had, plus his life (literally). But that's Rosenberg/JDW's X-men for ya: Scott HAS to be wrong for... reasons, but we'll never be specific because we know fans will refute any argument we present using logic and common sense.

  12. #57
    Sad & Brazilian PrezValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Worth noticing that the last shred of hope I had for Rosenberg is gone with this because I didn't think they'd make Emma's plan the endgame. I thought they just wanted to erase the Earth's memory of mutants to catch a breath and THEN put the real plan in motion. I'm a fool.

    Gotta say, though, that I agree with Snoop about the first two pages. Before it looks like mindless bashing from me.
    Hunting's no fun when your prey doesn't move.

  13. #58
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Scott actually lost a son, a daughter (if you count Rachel) and every friend he had, plus his life (literally). But that's Rosenberg/JDW's X-men for ya: Scott HAS to be wrong for... reasons, but we'll never be specific because we know fans will refute any argument we present using logic and common sense.
    He loves Hank's feet more than those guys. It's all explained in a story yet to be told.
    I spend three hours a night alone playing dance games.

  14. #59
    Astonishing Member Knives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    This current period definitely makes it look a lot better by comparison.
    If we miss Bendis' failed mutant revolution and Xavier's will then the current situation is really bad.

    I hope House of X turns the table.

  15. #60
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Which means Rosey took the worst aspects of Jason Aaron's run (all of it), and combined it with the worst aspects of Bendis's run. Charming.
    But Bendis' Cyclops is one of the best aspects of his run.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •