Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post

Too soon to say, but it's in the general ballpark.
    I would say so.

Austen did the same thing, throw stupid concepts at the audience thinking they were "deep." Holy War comes to mind. Rosenberg does the same except Austen threw new stupid concepts like rednecks in mechs, Nightcrawler's evil dad trying to escape "hell" by teleporting out of it and banging random women, and the Church of Humanity. Rosenberg rehashes the same concepts of extinction and pretends they're deep when they're more childish and dumb.

Mighty Member

Y'all aint read austin in a minute if you actually think this is as bad. That's the worst its ever been and nothing comes close

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Y'all aint read austin in a minute if you actually think this is as bad. That's the worst its ever been and nothing comes close
    I found it unintentionally hilarious because it was just so stupid. It reads like a teenage fanfic when they believe they're trying to be deep only to fall flat on their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I would say so.

Austen did the same thing, throw stupid concepts at the audience thinking they were "deep." Holy War comes to mind. Rosenberg does the same except Austen threw new stupid concepts like rednecks in mechs, Nightcrawler's evil dad trying to escape "hell" by teleporting out of it and banging random women, and the Church of Humanity. Rosenberg rehashes the same concepts of extinction and pretends they're deep when they're more childish and dumb.
    At least Rosenberg had a shorter tenure. I'm still of a mind that Austen did more long-term damage, not to mention he was terribly immature in his interviews. (This was a guy who said everyone loved his work and it was only "the same 12 trolls" online who were panning his books, and also that the only people who got upset over his books were basement dwellers who were just mad because no one would ever touch them.) But if we want to compare overall quality, it's a race to the bottom for both runs, really.

Mighty Member

Also Rosenberg's run is clearly dripping with editorial mandate. This issue especially makes that blatantly loud in the background.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

In terms of long-term damage, I still say Aaron (even if his writing was better than both) takes the cake. We wouldn't have this run without his "fine" work in Schism and AvX, for starters.

BANNED

Also Rosenberg's run is clearly dripping with editorial mandate. This issue especially makes that blatantly loud in the background.
    lol dude clearly got free reign.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol dude clearly got free reign.
    Man, nothing of this reads like Free reign. Like at all.

I think the last few pages were editorial mandate. I think Rosenberg was explicitly told to wrap this up in a way that puts Emma and Magneto as core members of the X-Men. That group shot at the end was not something I bet Rosenberg wanted. They also wrapped things up so that everyone treated Emma as a teammate by the end of the issue. Magneto and Emma were really prominent in the group shot of the X-Men that was broadcast to the world and that screams Hickman telling JDW that he wants Emma and Magneto on the X-Men no matter what and that the other writers better not mess that up.

BANNED

Not so much editorially mandated, but conceived for a bigger number of issues than it ended, as the very rushed and sloppy developments clearly show, and so does the fact that Rosenberg had to cut the romance plot threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    part of JDW has never really accepted that the X-men left 1985
    LOL, I didn't even read X-Men in the 80s! You are terrible at guessing why I do things. Really.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think the last few pages were editorial mandate. I think Rosenberg was explicitly told to wrap this up in a way that puts Emma and Magneto as core members of the X-Men. That group shot at the end was not something I bet Rosenberg wanted. They also wrapped things up so that everyone treated Emma as a teammate by the end of the issue. Magneto and Emma were really prominent in the group shot of the X-Men that was broadcast to the world and that screams Hickman telling JDW that he wants Emma and Magneto on the X-Men no matter what and that the other writers better not mess that up.
    I don't believe a guy, who's indie career was made on the back of grounded romance comics, who established a couple pretty big plot lines in his previous runs, then goes on to treat those plotlines like afterthoughts and scraps both romances that he wanted to do. For all this X-men in suffering in super world altering storylines.

Just cause he wants to.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan D. White View Post
    LOL, I didn't even read X-Men in the 80s! You are terrible at guessing why I do things. Really.
    Is this supposed to be comforting or reassuring (even if it's true)? Because it does not makes this issue, this run, and everything that have happened since Disassembled any better. Hell, might make even worse, because at least before it made your decisions and opinions, and all that happened, more understandable.

(And once again, I'm surprised I became a Marvel editor whisperer, never thought that could ever happen. Now I wonder how I could make money out of this? Perhaps sell my talents for hire?)

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan D. White View Post
    New Headline Jordan D White didn't read X-men in the 80s which why he doesn't get the X-men

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    New Headline Jordan D White didn't read X-men in the 80s which why he doesn't get the X-men
    Joke's on you, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT X-MEN IS!