Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    His Daredevil is pretty much 50 issues of that.
    That's Daredevil's very existence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Which means Rosey took the worst aspects of Jason Aaron's run (all of it), and combined it with the worst aspects of Bendis's run. Charming.
    Scott is the one character that Bendis got close to 100% right, if you think about it. Can't say the same about literally anyone under Rosenberg's pen. And I really stopped to think about it while typing this.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Well, I was somewhat joking when I said Scott would get blame for something, but damn...
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Scott is the one character that Bendis got 100% right, if you think about it. Can't say the same about literally anyone under Rosenberg's pen. And I really stopped to think about it while typing this.
    Bendis balanced it by having Scott being moody and depressed on his own time but a competent field leader, tactician, and planner. Rosey removed that latter part.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Which means Rosey took the worst aspects of Jason Aaron's run (all of it), and combined it with the worst aspects of Bendis's run. Charming.
    You know who loves Aaron's work and Schism, and even worked on it; and still insists Scott was wrong? These boards favorite editor, of course. Surely a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    When your argument is "Scott Summers has not suffered as much as the others" then, uh ...

Who can be more fucked in that world? Matt Murdock, maybe?
    Remember Aaron saying Scott doesn't have enough self-doubt?

Fantastic Member

This is so stupid. It's like he's actively trying to make us hate Scott but I just hate this run more than anything.

Talk about not knowing a character,sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    That's Daredevil's very existence.
    Wich is why Matt was perfect for him, even with his Bendism
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

“It’s always the Scott and Jean story or Scott and Logan story, and the rest of us are jsut cannon fodder and supporting characters for your story” -says the writer who made this a Scott and Logan story while butchering the mutant metaphor and killing off so many mutants. Doing what is expected and then commenting on it isn’t subversive, Matthew.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    This is so stupid. It's like he's actively trying to make us hate Scott but I just hate this run more than anything.

Talk about not knowing a character,sheesh.
    It's like Rosenberg has never actually heard of Scott, Hope, Emma, Magik, or Alex and is just going on what Jason Aaron and Jordan White told him.

-You lost soldiers, I lost my brothers and sisters
    - Do you remember when I started crying at my son's funeral after Second Coming?
    -That does not count
    -WHY?
    -Because I do not want it to count.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    “It’s always the Scott and Jean story or Scott and Logan story, and the rest of us are jsut cannon fodder and supporting characters for your story” -says the writer who made this a Scott and Logan story while butchering the mutant metaphor and killing off so many mutants. Doing what is expected and then commenting on it isn’t subversive, Matthew.
    He's subverting cliches with even more overdone cliches.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

You got the gist of it. Rosenberg thinks if he launches a meta-comment, he can be excused of doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    -You lost soldiers, I lost my brothers and sisters
    - Do you remember when I started crying at my son's funeral after Second Coming?
    -That does not count
    -WHY?
    -Because I do not want it to count.
    I mean, i know that Scott isn't the friendliest X-Men, but Dani's speech is just so....weird, like how did you come to that conclusion?
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

It's like Thanos with the "I used the stones to destroy the stones".

Doing one thing wrong, pointing it out and thinking that that makes it something intelligent is Rosenberg's specialty.

Like Dazzler criticizing in Astonishing that there is only one woman in the team and that is sexist. If you know what it is ... WHY DO YOU DO IT?